Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Pioneers visit the MN Golden Gophers Oct 23-24

Go.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Re: Denver Pioneers visit the MN Golden Gophers Oct 23-24

Check. Marked.

WHEEEE! If the amount of improvement from game 1 to game 2 happens between every game, we would be unbeatable by November.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Split?
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Check. Marked.

WHEEEE! If the amount of improvement from game 1 to game 2 happens between every game, we would be unbeatable by November.
        Hell, we'd repeat.

That being said, I hope to see more dasher dances than Denver goals.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          Split?
          {sigh}
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Colborne for DU out indefinitely with a broken finger. He had surgery after Friday's game against OSU and may need more. Good possibilty Chevy plays between the pipes both nights for DU after Murray has struggled in his two starts.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
              Colborne for DU out indefinitely with a broken finger. He had surgery after Friday's game against OSU and may need more.
              Ouch!
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Lofquist was hurt for Saturdays game. Have not heard how serious/unserious it may be.

I'd imagine the Gophers will be rotating goalies all year until the playoffs so Kangas Friday and Patterson Sat. would be my guess.

Lines or who plays and who doesn't is really up in the air. Maybe Larson and Schack will get a shot, who knows?

Comment

My realization that there is no more Bozak ups my spirits slightly.

Comment

A split at the very least. I could see 3 out of 4 for the Gophs, but a sweep seems very unlikely. God I hope Lofquist comes back because Wehrs is horrid.

Comment

I'm thinking the altitude will affect Denver greatly. It's an advantage that MN prizes.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I'm thinking the altitude will affect Denver greatly. It's an advantage that MN prizes.
                        The anti-altitude?
                        Agreed.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Split?
                          You're slowly coming over to the Maroon & Gold, eh?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

The anti-altitude?
                            Agreed.
                            Yeah man. The air here is too thick. It's like breathing a milkshake to those guys.

The high level of oxygen to their brains and muscles out to slow them down a lot.

Comment

DU has never gone 4-0-0 against the Gophers in a season. I thought maybe the hex would be lifted this season, but after the last two weeks, that seems like a far-fetched dream.

I'd be psyched with a split. Gophers looked much better on Saturday night against UND. Gwoz will need a Lockdown Job by the defense to steal a game.

DU was only so-so on the big ice last season. With all that team speed they should have been better, but DU has never been a great passing team, which IMO hurts them on the big ice.

Even without Colborne (no confirmation that he will miss the series yet, but it doesn't sound good) DU is still strong up the middle (Ruegsegger, Martin, Shore, Vossberg).
                              Last edited by dggoddard; 10-19-2009, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X