Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Denver Pioneers visit the MN Golden Gophers Oct 23-24

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Gophers played just well enough tonight not to get blown out.
    They still look out of sync/sloppy in their passing and puck carrying. Also did a horrible job of supporting the puck carrier. There were a number of times when I wanted to curse the guy with the puck for not making a play, but couldn't because the options available to him were non existent. Gonna have to bring it back to the basics: keep the feet moving (off the puck); get it deep, forecheck. Cycle. Get it to the goal, and get some bodies there.

I thought they did a pretty good job defensively tonight, despite allowing 32 shots. They were protecting the front of the net and clearing rebounds quite well. But when you don't mount much of any attack, you are likely going to be under too much pressure defensively.

We need a good offensive showing tomorrow night. I think that will come most easily by, like I said, bringing it back to the basics.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by CO14ers View Post
      On post game show with Jay Stickney, Gwoz said that Brookwell is now the 7th d-man. Hmmmmmmm.
      It wouldn't shock me to see Gwoz go with the same line-up tomorrow.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        It wouldn't shock me to see Gwoz go with the same line-up tomorrow.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll be urined off if Gwoz starts the sieve tomorrow night.
        DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
        sigpic
        WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

The Gophers have alot of issues to deal with. First of all, Kangas is bad. I know he only let in 2, but it should have been 3, and he looked off all night, as he did against UND. He is slow from side to side, his angles are terrible, and he cannot control his rebounds. He is dropping easy shots from 30 feet away that hit him right in the glove. It hasn't bit them yet because the D have done a pretty good job off keeping guys away from the front of the net

And also, am I the only one who thinks Jordan Schroeder has been a non-factor so far this season? I went to the Friday night UND game, and I forgot he was out there unitl the 2nd period. The Gophs don't have very much fire power up front, and right now their only stud froward is invisible. They got nothing going offensively tonight, again.

Comment

Originally posted by ExRider19 View Post
            The Gophers have alot of issues to deal with. First of all, Kangas is bad. I know he only let in 2, but it should have been 3, and he looked off all night, as he did against UND. He is slow from side to side, his angles are terrible, and he cannot control his rebounds. He is dropping easy shots from 30 feet away that hit him right in the glove. It hasn't bit them yet because the D have done a pretty good job off keeping guys away from the front of the net

And also, am I the only one who thinks Jordan Schroeder has been a non-factor so far this season? I went to the Friday night UND game, and I forgot he was out there unitl the 2nd period. The Gophs don't have very much fire power up front, and right now their only stud froward is invisible. They got nothing going offensively tonight, again.
            Kangas only let in two goals against a powerful offensive team. If you think that's a problem you're NUTS.

You don't win if you don't score. 1934.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Solid showing tonight by the Gophs. I guess starting 0-2-1 is better than 7-0-5.

Comment

Pioneers with an good solid defensive effort tonight. Nice job shutting down Minnesota on the Olympic ice.
                Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                  Pioneers with an good solid defensive effort tonight. Nice job shutting down Minnesota on the Olympic ice.
                  Yep, they're now as prolific as 1934's Gopher Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Kangas only let in two goals against a powerful offensive team. If you think that's a problem you're NUTS.

You don't win if you don't score. 1934.
                    Don't look at his numbers tonight. Did you see the second goal? How do you not get across the net to make that save. He should have been waiting for that puck when it was shot. And the goal that was disallwed. Typical Kangas. Harmless shot on net, he makes the save, and has no idea where the puck is in his body. That happened so many times tonight and against UND. Sometimes you need to look past the number of goals a guy let in. If that was my team and my goalie, I would not be encouraged by that game from Kangas.

Comment

Don't look at his numbers tonight. Did you see the second goal? How do you not get across the net to make that save. He should have been waiting for that puck when it was shot. And the goal that was disallwed. Typical Kangas. Harmless shot on net, he makes the save, and has no idea where the puck is in his body. That happened so many times tonight and against UND. Sometimes you need to look past the number of goals a guy let in. If that was my team and my goalie, I would not be encouraged by that game from Kangas.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Glad we have one ******** UND fan on this board to make make me feel better. Yeah, Kangas probably should have made the save on that 2nd goal, but tonight was NOT his fault. Our offense sucked again. I have never seen a team miss the net so much on shots (hit the net for Christ sakes). From the performance I saw tonight, if I were Gwoz, I'd keep Cheverie in for the sweep.

Comment

Exactly.
                            You got some sort of agenda against Kangas, I get it. Doesn't change the fact that he was not responsible for either loss this year.

Comment

You got some sort of agenda against Kangas, I get it. Doesn't change the fact that he was not responsible for either loss this year.
                              I have nothing against Kangas, except I don't think he is good. And people ar so quick to let goalies off the hook. Look, if there is a shot that goes in the net that a goalie should have had, its his fault. And if it happens a few times, against a good team, and your team loses, the goalie is to blame.

Comment

Agreed. Kangas has been solid in both his starts this year. Our offense has not recored a single ****ing goal for him in 2 games this year. A lot of help he's received...our goaltending is the LEAST of our concerns (our PP and PK are the worst...God I almost wish we don't get PP chances).

Comment

Working...
                                X