Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    I'm not sitting here reminding everyone about finishing 3rd twice. We won a Final Five. Big deal.
    Hey I bet you hung a banner for it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
      As much as I hate to say this and stir up the St. Cloud fans against me, how can they act like they've accomplished anything? Does 0-8 ring any bells? Not saying UMD is Significantly better, but I think we've got a little more to show. So to be surprised we think we're relevant is a stretch.
      While you are 100% right that UMD has accomplished more as far as going deep in the NCAAs and Final Fives and such, there is also a polarized effect to UMD. What I mean is that for every year they do REALLY well, there are three years where they finish 8th or 9th in the WCHA. Yes, after March 15, St. Cloud can't do anything. However, they have more of a sustained presence in the top half of the WCHA over the last 10 years.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Hey I bet you hung a banner for it.
        Actually, we did. And Mankato hangs banners for Final Five appearances. There's sad and pathetic for you.

Comment

While you are 100% right that UMD has accomplished more as far as going deep in the NCAAs and Final Fives and such, there is also a polarized effect to UMD. What I mean is that for every year they do REALLY well, there are three years where they finish 8th or 9th in the WCHA. Yes, after March 15, St. Cloud can't do anything. However, they have more of a sustained presence in the top half of the WCHA over the last 10 years.
          That, my friend, I will give you. Touche.
          "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

That, my friend, I will give you. Touche.
            I'm honestly not here to be a dick. I'm just stating facts.

Comment

That, my friend, I will give you.
              Ahhh... so YOU'RE the one. You still coming up for the games this weekend?
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Ahhh... so YOU'RE the one. You still coming up for the games this weekend?
                He's the one? Is he a Highlander or something?

Comment

I'm honestly not here to be a dick. I'm just stating facts.
                  And neither am I. I was just stating my facts and you stated yours. We both made our points and it's a new year. I still think Dogs are taking 3 points tho. Depends how Lee can do against the Connolly's and Fontaine, because I doubt your defense is going to do much to stop them. I could be wrong, but a veteran defense from Mankato got worked by them. Again, I could be wrong. If he can stop them from scoring, you guys have a decent shot at beating us. If not, it's goin to be a long weekend...

Comment

And neither am I. I was just stating my facts and you stated yours. We both made our points and it's a new year. I still think Dogs are taking 3 points tho. Depends how Lee can do against the Connolly's and Fontaine, because I doubt your defense is going to do much to stop them. I could be wrong, but a veteran defense from Mankato got worked by them. Again, I could be wrong. If he can stop them from scoring, you guys have a decent shot at beating us. If not, it's goin to be a long weekend...
                    From what I saw last weekend, we blow goats defensively (forwards included). The three goals Lee gave up on Friday were not his fault and the one he gave up on Saturday was a really good screen by our own guy. I think if the rest of the mouth breathers on St. Cloud can just stay out of Mike's way, UMD could have a lot of problems. My ONE problem I saw with Lee is that he goes down on his belly way too much.

Comment

Actually, we did. And Mankato hangs banners for Final Five appearances. There's sad and pathetic for you.
                      Well, it IS The Technical University College Of Minnesota At Mankato Institute Of Technology A&M Of The Poor And Unfortunate.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

From what I saw last weekend, we blow goats defensively (forwards included). The three goals Lee gave up on Friday were not his fault and the one he gave up on Saturday was a really good screen by our own guy. I think if the rest of the mouth breathers on St. Cloud can just stay out of Mike's way, UMD could have a lot of problems. My ONE problem I saw with Lee is that he goes down on his belly way too much.
                        The way that line scores is with backdoor passes and screens, things goalies can't do much about. They also do well on the man advantage. The way they scored on the MSU goalies with with two on one breaks or coming from one side of the net and laying it across after the goalie had gone down. It all depends how your defense shows up, because we could score some goals your goalie can't do anything about.

Comment

The way that line scores is with backdoor passes and screens, things goalies can't do much about. They also do well on the man advantage. The way they scored on the MSU goalies with with two on one breaks or coming from one side of the net and laying it across after the goalie had gone down. It all depends how your defense shows up, because we could score some goals your goalie can't do anything about.
                          UMD should also be on the lookout for this stupid trick play St. Cloud tries freaking constantly. It's that lame "pass directly across the crease to a guy at the back door" play. I don't think that even works in video games anymore.

Comment

For those in the TC metro area (specifically NW suburbs.....DL I'm looking at you....) is this game gonna be on some random channel or anything? I know that sometimes channel 12 (which is "channel 45" of KSTP fame) shows tUMD and SCSU games occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              For those in the TC metro area (specifically NW suburbs.....DL I'm looking at you....) is this game gonna be on some random channel or anything? I know that sometimes channel 12 (which is "channel 45" of KSTP fame) shows tUMD and SCSU games occasionally.
                              Charter Mainstreet usually picks up games involving SCSU, UMD, and Mankato. I figure with two of the three playing each other, they should probably pick that one up. Here's hoping they use the Husky Productions feed.

Comment

Charter Mainstreet usually picks up games involving SCSU, UMD, and Mankato. I figure with two of the three playing each other, they should probably pick that one up. Here's hoping they use the Husky Productions feed.

Good news. Since it's college football season, most of the FoxSports channels I have don't show other hockey games. Hopefully they show the game so I have some hockey to watch during the intermissions of the MN-DU games (and a game to watch Sat, since that MN-DU game is delayed.....until SUNDAY ).

Comment

Working...
                                X