Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    False. Grand Forks can be a great time if you know people and know where to go. It's not as bad as a lot of people would have you believe...
    I love the grand forks trip! You are correct about needing to know where to go. Everything is so spread out it makes it hard for people coming to town to find out where to hang out. Everything in St. Cloud is all within a few blocks so it is easy hop from place to place.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      AFAIK, SCSU is and has been the #1 party school in MN for the last two decades. stb is smokin' the crack again.
      It's not a hip hop MTV club scene......If you want that you go to the U and hang out at the lame places in downtown minneapolis.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU HELMET GUY View Post
        Early Monday morning, week of SCSU/UMD, talk of party school and drinking, Vals, which town is worse, Polaris jackets; just about what I expected to read on the boards. However, was not expecting to be able to read through the thread so quickly with only 3 pages? Have people gotten banned already and posts deleted

Should be a good weekend of hockey, getting the WCHA season started for the Huskies at home, and hopefully competing at a higher level of play.

The student crowd will be low this weekend, as the campus is closed for Fall Break and all the students away on break. STB will be all by himself...
        What the hell is fall break?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
          No, that's a small part of it. I am just bored here, and I find myself driving to the cities a lot. Why not move to like Roseville where I can get the same type of education at the U, and not feel like I am in the middle of no where? Plus if I end up doing law school, it's going to be down in that area anyways.
          You grew up in St. francis for christ sake. You can't get more in the middle of nowhere!

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

doesn't The Red Carpet still have the Boom Boom Room? That's pretty clubtastic.

Mike Lee's stats are very impressive...but how did he look? I've not seen him.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo Swoon is in season.
            Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy If this turns out to be correct: Big Pieps > Kevin Allenspach

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              It's not a hip hop MTV club scene......If you want that you go to the U and hang out at the lame places in downtown minneapolis.
              There are plenty of non-clubby bars to hit downtown (never mind Uptown and 7 corners). Hell, to this day we still go to Glueks for a burger and beer nearly every time we go to 1st Avenue, Fine Line or downtown sporting event.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                There are plenty of non-clubby bars to hit downtown (never mind Uptown and 7 corners). Hell, to this day we still go to Glueks for a burger and beer nearly every time we go to 1st Avenue, Fine Line or downtown sporting event.
                I work downtown so I know what is down there. He said last week he was coming to the cities to go clubbing, so I know that is the scene he wants. Places like Glueks are no different than DB's in St. Cloud. They have all the good tap beers and it is a cool sit down bar. I am sure STD doesn't hang out there.
                Last edited by scsutommyboy; 10-19-2009, 09:52 AM.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

You grew up in St. francis for christ sake. You can't get more in the middle of nowhere!
                  Well you can, it just wouldn't take much
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Even though SCSU sucked it up this past week and tUMD had an impressive sweep to start things off in the WCHA, this series has been about the home team getting the win. Including the "home" game for Duluth at the X last year, the home team has won the last 5 series, the last 8 games straight, and 10 of the last 11. So while I'm not huge on SCSU right now, I've still gotta feel that in front of the home crowd and on Olympic Ice, anything less than 3 points this weekend has to be seen as a lost opportunity.

Plan is to make it up Saturday, anybody else gonna be there?

If I stay in state, the U, I enjoy downtown Minneapolis and being able to get wherever I want to go in 20 minutes or less.
                    You mean except class?

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    AFAIK, SCSU is and has been the #1 party school in MN for the last two decades. stb is smokin' the crack again.
                    But the bar... er, club scene isn't metro enough! C'MON!

The fact that I got my fake taken away and can no longer enjoy the luxuries of the bar scene makes the fun difficult when all the non-21 yr olds don't party and go home every weekend.
                    The bars are amazing, and you wanna spend every waking moment of your life there... until you turn 23 or 24 and realize they're overpriced and nothing spectacular, and you'd have more fun gathering up 8 to 10 friends and hanging out at someone's house. Ahh... the ebb and flow of life.

I would still be a Huskies fan if I transfered.
                    Rats! Although... it would be nice for once to have an SCSU fan walk into class at the U and wear St. Cloud hockey stuff all the time, since I saw so much Gopher gear on campus while I attended SCSU.

The student crowd will be low this weekend, as the campus is closed for Fall Break and all the students away on break.
                    There's a Fall Break now?!? Is that just like Spring Break, with a week off of school?
                    Last edited by SCSU Euro; 10-19-2009, 10:12 AM.
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

STB,

SCSU can't be much of a party school any more if all the people under 21 go home every weekend. That is unless you don't have any friends and don't know about all the parties.

My freshman year you could go to house parties $5 all you can drink 6 days a week and sometimes 7. Sunday parties didn't always happen, but some house's had them quite a bit. They sold t-shirts with the BMW logo on the front with the saying "ultimate party machine" instead of "ultimate driving machine". On the back it had a list of all the names of the party houses. Man did I drink a lot! Those were the good old days! Of course once I was 21 I never went to a house party again.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Early Monday morning, week of SCSU/UMD, talk of party school and drinking, Vals, which town is worse, Polaris jackets; just about what I expected to read on the boards. However, was not expecting to be able to read through the thread so quickly with only 3 pages? Have people gotten banned already and posts deleted

Should be a good weekend of hockey, getting the WCHA season started for the Huskies at home, and hopefully competing at a higher level of play.

The student crowd will be low this weekend, as the campus is closed for Fall Break and all the students away on break. STB will be all by himself...
                        Sorry, it is just hard to get excited about a series that doesn't involve the 26th best school in the country.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Rats! Although... it would be nice for once to have an SCSU fan walk into class at the U and wear St. Cloud hockey stuff all the time, since I saw so much Gopher gear on campus while I attended SCSU.
                        He'd be treated like that ginger kid from 4th grade that wore glasses and smelled like sasquatch's armpit.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

My freshman year you could go to house parties $5 all you can drink 6 days a week and sometimes 7. Sunday parties didn't always happen, but some house's had them quite a bit. They sold t-shirts with the BMW logo on the front with the saying "ultimate party machine" instead of "ultimate driving machine". On the back it had a list of all the names of the party houses. Man did I drink a lot! Those were the good old days! Of course once I was 21 I never went to a house party again.
                          In like 2002, 2003 I saw a "Pink Taco" shirt down in Cottage Grove! But there aren't any houses anymore that sell shirts. When I first went to SCSU, there were a ton of houses that threw parties 3, 4 nights a week, and maybe its just 'cause I got older, but it seemed to be a different scene by the time I left.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          He'd be treated like that ginger kid from 4th grade that wore glasses and smelled like sasquatch's armpit.
                          He'll be treated that way anyway... might as well do something to deserve it.
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by BigPieps View Post
                            doesn't The Red Carpet still have the Boom Boom Room? That's pretty clubtastic.

Mike Lee's stats are very impressive...but how did he look? I've not seen him.
                            He looks exactly like a goalie.
                            Bob is making me concerned
                            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Drinking Gluek beer? Keep in mind it is brewed by the Cold Spring Brewing Company a few miles south of St. Cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                                He looks exactly like a goalie.
                                I love you
                                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo Swoon is in season.
                                Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy If this turns out to be correct: Big Pieps > Kevin Allenspach

Comment

Working...
                                X