Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24, 2009

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
    Twitch, you got to tell me this story in detail Friday at the Golden Bee (assuming they let me in).
    Easy enough to tell here.

Friday night game against Mankato last season, Tech was in the middle of its crazy losing streak. I'm literally 2 weeks away from graduation and under unimaginable amounts of stress between job hunting in this crap job market, Senior Design, and all the other graduation crap. I am literally living in a motel room that has been converted into an apartment by a local real estate mogul, and I have about $500 to my name. I'm just a LITTLE bit on edge.

Down 2-1, Tech pulls Nolan and ties it 2-2 with 45 seconds left in the 3rd. Game goes to OT. 3 minutes into OT, Mike Van Wagner(?) coughs up a laughably awful turnover at his own blue line, which leaves Jason Wiley able to walk in by his lonesome and win the game. On the way home, I then slide down an icy hill and smash into a light pole, doing an estimated $4K of damage to my car.

I was NOT a happy camper. Carpet F-bombing continued until I made it back to my apartment. I left a venom-filled away message on AIM that had my parents ready to call my pastor. There were other board members IMing me to check and make sure I hadn't jumped.

I'm still paying off the debt from the insurance deductible to my parents. That game cost me $500.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24, 2009

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Easy enough to tell here.

Friday night game against Mankato last season, Tech was in the middle of its crazy losing streak. I'm literally 2 weeks away from graduation and under unimaginable amounts of stress between job hunting in this crap job market, Senior Design, and all the other graduation crap. I am literally living in a motel room that has been converted into an apartment by a local real estate mogul, and I have about $500 to my name. I'm just a LITTLE bit on edge.

Down 2-1, Tech pulls Nolan and ties it 2-2 with 45 seconds left in the 3rd. Game goes to OT. 3 minutes into OT, Mike Van Wagner(?) coughs up a laughably awful turnover at his own blue line, which leaves Jason Wiley able to walk in by his lonesome and win the game. On the way home, I then slide down an icy hill and smash into a light pole, doing an estimated $4K of damage to my car.

I was NOT a happy camper. Carpet F-bombing continued until I made it back to my apartment. I left a venom-filled away message on AIM that had my parents ready to call my pastor. There were other board members IMing me to check and make sure I hadn't jumped.

I'm still paying off the debt from the insurance deductible to my parents. That game cost me $500.
      Yes but did you have fun?
      I assume the hot dog costume is part of the pay-back deal.
      ---------------------------
      "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Comment

Twitch is our LUCKY Charm this weekend!!

Huskies win their first regular season game at the CS World Arena!!
        Last edited by ColoToot; 10-22-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmf1a View Post
          Yes but did you have fun?
          I assume the hot dog costume is part of the pay-back deal.
          He wears the hot dog hat because he's Twitch. No other reason.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24,

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
            Twitch is our LUCKY Charm this weekend!!

Huskies win their first regular season game at the CS World Arena!!
            We can only hope that he is. I remember a certain tournament in Detroit a couple years ago where we won the first night and then lost when Twitch showed up.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
            Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24,

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
              We can only hope that he is. I remember a certain tournament in Detroit a couple years ago where we won the first night and then lost when Twitch showed up.
              I was the good luck that first night against MSU, because it was my 21st birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                I was the good luck that first night against MSU, because it was my 21st birthday.
                I'd rather have Twitch be our bad luck charm. At least we can forcibly keep him away from the arena. You turning 21 was a once in a lifetime thing.
                Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                  I'd rather have Twitch be our bad luck charm. At least we can forcibly keep him away from the arena. You turning 21 was a once in a lifetime thing.
                  Exactly - I was just sayin'.

Though it should be known that I am also capable of triggering the Concession Stand Curseâ„¢, if need be. I'm 3-for-3 in the past three seasons.

Comment

Exactly - I was just sayin'.
                    Saying what? That Tech getting to the GLI final was a once in a lifetime occurrence?

Comment

• Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24,

Saying what? That Tech getting to the GLI final was a once in a lifetime occurrence?
                      No, just pointing out a coincidence. Although your statement may seem true more often than not. :-/

Comment

• Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24,

No, just pointing out a coincidence. Although your statement may seem true more often than not. :-/
                        I know, but sadly it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw your post.

Comment

I know, but sadly it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw your post.
                          Besides, that's not true anyway!

...depending on whose lifetime.
                          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                            Besides, that's not true anyway!

...depending on whose lifetime.
                            Well the last time they won, I was about 7 months old...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24, 2009

23 hours till the puck drops, time to get serious!

Friday, Tigers 4 Tech 1

Saturday, Tigers 5 Tech 0

Get those dog's Tigers!!
                              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

• Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24, 2009

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                                23 hours till the puck drops, time to get serious!

Friday, Tigers 4 Tech 1

Saturday, Tigers 5 Tech 0

Get those dog's Tigers!!
                                you are not correct
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X