Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian Hockey 2009-10: A New Hope

Originally posted by ADRdogs View Post
    U-18 team must have brought there A team.
    .....Will they will rest their "A" team for Adrian again this year...?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
      .....Will they will rest their "A" team for Adrian again this year...?
      My crystal ball tells me Adrian better be ready for the U-18's.

cue music from the movie "Poltergeist"
      WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
      NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
      WIAC Championships: 10-11
      NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
      NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
        My crystal ball tells me Adrian better be ready for the U-18's.

cue music from the movie
        The U-18's is a meaningless exhibition game.

What music did you cue when Adrian played the National team last season ........or the season before last ...???

"Poltergeist".......might be what you will reflect on if Adrian meets your Blue Devils ... I'm really looking forward to that.

I think you will be singing the "Blues "
        Last edited by NorthernLite; 10-25-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
          Interesting season preview out from Adrian. It includes line pairings and specifies a few other things as well. It's a good thing I have such a bias. That tingly twitching in my leg and and my Adrian beeper pinging away incessantly allow me to be quick on these things.

Miller-Graham-Skelly
          Watson-Dovey-Dahlinger
          Kuzyk-Houston-Towns
          Satterly-Barkwell-Young

Stansik-Waller
          Klaver-Crawford
          Hineman-XXX

Fogal

Workman, Frieday, Gertsatkis, Hodnicki, Galia, Hughes, Renaud, Roman, Courtney, Gallinger all fighting for time.

Fiorillo and Bailen did not return.

http://adrianbulldogs.cstv.com/sport...101909aaa.html
          Did Fiorillo transfer? Where?

Comment

What music did you cue when Adrian played the National team last season ........or the season before last ...???
            I'd prefer the girls that were sitting behind us singing during last year's game.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yea, in the thick of rankings and the grand scheme of Adrian's season it is meaningless. But it is a good talking point as we know.

The U-18's looked really impressive when me and Webb watched them at Schwann's in MN. We watched their exhibitions before their gold medal run at the U-18 World Championship in Fargo.

I have to note though, now that they are playing in the USHL; NTDP is 0-8-1 on the first 9 games of their inaugural season. I'd have to imagine they are getting physically overworked by 21 year olds playing in the USHL. I think NTDP is a bit more finesse and don't have the warhorses in the stable.

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

where is the game being played??

Comment

the Ice Cube in Ann Arbor.

Comment

I have to note though, now that they are playing in the USHL; NTDP is 0-8-1 on the first 9 games of their inaugural season. I'd have to imagine they are getting physically overworked by 21 year olds playing in the USHL.
                    Check the NTDP website. The U-18's have only played one or two of the games on the USHL schedule. The U-17's play the bulk of the NTDP's USHL schedule.

I did some research on the subject because their record didn't make any sense to me. It seems as though it's not the U-18's in the USHL, but rather USA hockey. The U-18's will play some of those games, but the bulk of their competition is NCAA and international.

here's the U-17's schedule: http://www.usahockey.com/USANTDP/def...2_01&ID=233686

and the U-18's: http://www.usahockey.com/USANTDP/def...1_01&ID=233680
                    Last edited by altazo; 10-28-2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Yea, in the thick of rankings and the grand scheme of Adrian's season it is meaningless. But it is a good talking point as we know.

The U-18's looked really impressive when me and Webb watched them at Schwann's in MN. We watched their exhibitions before their gold medal run at the U-18 World Championship in Fargo.

I have to note though, now that they are playing in the USHL; NTDP is 0-8-1 on the first 9 games of their inaugural season. I'd have to imagine they are getting physically overworked by 21 year olds playing in the USHL. I think NTDP is a bit more finesse and don't have the warhorses in the stable.
                      You do realize at this point in the season there are no 21 year olds in the USHL. And looking at the rosters of the teams they've played so far they've barely played any 20 year olds. Fact is the U-18 team just isn't that good against the USHL

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        Check the NTDP website. The U-18's have only played one or two of the games on the USHL schedule. The U-17's play the bulk of the NTDP's USHL schedule.

I did some research on the subject because their record didn't make any sense to me. It seems as though it's not the U-18's in the USHL, but rather USA hockey. The U-18's will play some of those games, but the bulk of their competition is NCAA and international.

here's the U-17's schedule: http://www.usahockey.com/USANTDP/def...2_01&ID=233686

and the U-18's: http://www.usahockey.com/USANTDP/def...1_01&ID=233680

It seems like a mix of both U-17 and U-18 playing USHL teams.

U-18's are 1-3 against USHL teams so far this season and the U17's are really getting pounded and are 1-11 against both NAHL and USHL teams.

Comment

Originally posted by se41 View Post
                          You do realize at this point in the season there are no 21 year olds in the USHL. And looking at the rosters of the teams they've played so far they've barely played any 20 year olds. Fact is the U-18 team just isn't that good against the USHL
                          Alright, let me re-word by saying "19 and 20 year olds" or players who are more 'mature'.

What is the explanation of your fact that the U18's aren't 'good' against the USHL?

After this, we'll drop it as to not hijack this thread.
                          Last edited by BlueDevilRadio; 10-28-2009, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Alright, let me re-word by saying "19 and 20 year olds" or players who are more 'mature'.

What is the explanation of your fact that the U18's aren't 'good' against the USHL?

After this, we'll drop it as to not hijack this thread.
                            The U 18's were all born in 1992. The U 17's in 1993. It makes sense that a group of 16 year olds would struggle against USHL teams.
                            Last edited by altazo; 10-28-2009, 11:20 PM.

Comment

The U 18's were all born in 1992. The U 17's in 1993. It makes sense that a group of 16 year olds would struggle against USHL teams.
                              In the trivia department, there are only 4 players on the U-18 Roster whose previous team wasn't the U-17 team.

Also, U-17 Roster Here.
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I think that is a very valid argument for the U17's, but not so much for the U18's.

There are players that step into the USHL at that age by foregoing their senior year with their high school/prep team and step right in no problem.

The U-18's will nearly all be heading to Div. I and a decent number will head to the show. I wouldn't say skill would be an issue. So I dont think that would be as much of a factor for them as compared to the U17's.

Now back to more on-topic issues

Comment

Working...
                                X