Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Adrian Hockey 2009-10: A New Hope

Originally posted by Hammer (yes, I wrote this) View Post
    Don't look now, but Marian has reeled off 14 straight, and assuming they take care of Lawrence, they would be going into the MCHA final with a 20-6 record.
    And folks, this is why we should get our facts straight before we go banging on the keyboard. Marian plays the PIM-fest that is Lake Forest in the early semi, while Adrian will take on Lawrence in the 2nd semi-final. Come to think of it, 7 of the top 13 teams in PIM/game come from the MCHA.

I still think we're looking at a Marian-Adrian final, not that anyone else is going to be surprised by that.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but I think an end-of-season Marian/Adrian game could be competitive. Lawrence will need a HUGE effort from Johnson to have a chance of getting to the final. The Lake Forest/Marian tilt should be much closer.

The MCHA seasons seem to have three storylines:

1. The gap between Adrian and the rest.
      2. The best of the rest.
      3. MCHA vs. other conferences.

The endings to 1 and 3 will be written by Adrian and Adrian alone. I suspect that Marian will have the final say with regards to number 2.

Comment

Yeah, why did USCHO have Adrian v. Lake Forest and Marian v. Lawrence on their composite schedule until this afternoon?
        MCHA GURU: No. 13 over No. 4 in the 2009 T.O.P. ... PRICELESS

Comment

Originally posted by MCHA GURU View Post
          Yeah, why did USCHO have Adrian v. Lake Forest and Marian v. Lawrence on their composite schedule until this afternoon?
          My guess would be because Lake Forest has the lowest seed of the remaining teams. MSOE was seeded higher than Lake Forest.

Comment

MSOE-Lake Forest was a #3 vs #4. Lawrence and Northland were #5 vs #6. They set the first round up that way due to the divisions in the conference. Now that we're at the conference semis, it's based on straight seeding. Adrian is the highest remaining seed, so they will play Lawrence, the lowest.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sam Kuzyk was named a finalist for the Hockey Humanitarian Award...
              “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
              19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                And folks, this is why we should get our facts straight before we go banging on the keyboard. Marian plays the PIM-fest that is Lake Forest in the early semi, while Adrian will take on Lawrence in the 2nd semi-final. Come to think of it, 7 of the top 13 teams in PIM/game come from the MCHA.

I still think we're looking at a Marian-Adrian final, not that anyone else is going to be surprised by that.
                Pot meet Kettle... What's the difference between the "PIM-fest that is Lake Forest" and Adrian? Not much. LF is ranked 2nd (28.4) and Adrian 5th (23.1). Might want to take a look at the top teams and see where they rank in PIM. I'll get you started: Plattsburgh is 72nd at 10.0, Norwich is 54th (13.8), St. Norbert 42nd (15.3), Middlebury 52nd (14.0), Gustavus 57th (13.5)..

Bottom line is the PIM fest that is Adrian or LF won't last long in the NCAA tournament with that type of play.

Comment

And yet that 28 is about 5 more minutes per game than Adrian has over the season, and at one point earlier they were over 40/game.

And I've been quite consistent as of late that the way Adrian has played as of late will end in an early exit if it continues. If you had bothered to look about a dozen posts below yours, you would have seen that. Of course, that doesn't matter much to you, as all you seem to do is come over here and run your lips, be a tool and a troll. We've come to expect nothing less out of you.

Originally posted by Hammer, on October 17th View Post
                  ...However, they do need to cut down on the PIM they're taking themselves...
                  Last edited by Hammer; 03-01-2010, 05:42 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And yet that 28 is about 5 more minutes per game than Adrian has over the season, and at one point earlier they were over 40/game.

And I've been quite consistent as of late that the way Adrian has played as of late will end in an early exit if it continues. If you had bothered to look about a dozen posts below yours, you would have seen that. Of course, that doesn't matter much to you, as all you seem to do is come over here and run your lips, be a tool and a troll. We've come to expect nothing less out of you.
                    You can't have it both ways. When you call out one team in a post, be consistent and call out your own team. If you don't like facts presented to you in a logical way, don't attack me personally, just refute the facts. Plattsburgh's (and most of the other top teams) owe their success to staying out of the penalty box. Of course you can just shout me down when you when the national title.

Comment

Oh, you mean like this?

I have one other thing I have to bring up, and that happened in the 3rd period on Saturday, and yes, it's time for me to criticize one of my own. Skelly's butt-ending penalty was absolutely asinine and flat-out stupid. It was away from the play, on the way back to the bench, and harmless (well, about as harmless as a butt-ending could be, I suppose) as it was a small jab that hardly went noticed, but idiotic nonetheless. That was one of those that you just shake your head and ask "why?". In my mind I don't think it warranted a DQ, but if he's going to do something stupid like that, he deserves a major penalty for lack of common sense.

And yes, if we're going to do things like that in the tournament, we're gonna need a bomb squad at the arena because we're going to get our doors blown off. As far as I'm concerned, we'll address that when we get there. We've got two more games to win before we come to that bridge.
                      If Adrian does win a national title you'll crawl back in your hole and never show your face in an Adrian thread again until something goes wrong. I've seen your kind on these boards many times before.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Penalty minutes, non-con games for Adrian

St. John's: 7 for 14 minutes (SJU was 4-8)
                        Concordia-MN: 3 for 6 minutes (CMN was 4-8)
                        Hamline-Friday: 4 for 8 minutes (Hamline: 8-31)
                        Hamline-Saturday: 6 for 12 minutes (Hamline: 3-6)
                        Oswego: 14 for 55 minutes (OSU: 14-22) 10 minute misconducts at the end of the game - ugh

Power plays:
                        Adrian: 6-28 (21.4%) 95 PIM taken total
                        Opponents: 4-29 (13.8%) 75 PIM taken total

Two 10 minute misconducts very late in the Oswego game account for the difference. Oswego's only PP goal was an empty-netter late in the game. The Hamline games were very well behaved, from the looks of it.

The MCHA is a high-PIM filled league, but Adrian has shown that they can behave themselves if need be once they get outside of conference. There's some awful low numbers above. The 55 in the Oswego game was slightly marred by two 10-minute misconducts late (in the last two minutes of the game).

P.S. You really don't want to start parsing numbers with a guy who deals with the IRS on a regular basis.
                        Last edited by Hammer; 03-01-2010, 06:31 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

In seeing Adrian play at Hamline, they are my pick to win the National Title.

Westscout

Comment

Originally posted by westscout View Post
                            In seeing Adrian play at Hamline, they are my pick to win the National Title.

Westscout
                            ....get back in your cage !!

Comment

God, that was fun...

Comment

The MCHA is a high-PIM filled league, but Adrian has shown that they can behave themselves if need be once they get outside of conference.
                                I agree that the penalty stats would lead some to believe that discipline is a problem for the Bulldogs, yet the N/C stats don't appear to support that perception.

I think the expression that "familiarity breeds contemp" is appropriate for the MCHA conference. When teams face each other 4 or more times in a relatively short conference schedule , it doesn't surprise me that discipline becomes an issue, and the problem is compounded when scores become lopsided.

Let's hope the boys stick to hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X