Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Adrian Hockey 2009-10: A New Hope

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
    What'd Smiddy do to get Satterly jumping on him?
    All right, let's try and make some sense out of this, shall we?

From what I understand, Smiddy slew-footed Satterly in Milwaukee in the last series and then went and hid behind a referee. After what I saw last night, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that were the case. I'd like to see the video to confirm this, but that's what I've been told by numerous people.

I'm sorry that Soik got the assbeating that was intended for Smiddy, but he was the third man in, and he did throw a punch or two before Satterly got loose. The whole thing happened right in front of me. I don't think Smiddy got hit from behind, and he definitely turtled on Roman. I had flashbacks to Claude Lemieux in Detroit the night of that incident. To me, he was flat-out cowardly last night. I don't think much of him as a player. Smiddy was definitely challenged. Had he fought like a man, I think everything would have been put to bed right then and there.

I don't have a beef with the rest of the team, but for a guy to slew-foot someone, and then not answer for his own actions, I've got a real issue with that. And while no one may admit it, I'd bet there's some guys in the MSOE dressing room that feel the same way.
    Last edited by Hammer; 02-20-2010, 08:41 AM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      All right, let's try and make some sense out of this, shall we?

From what I understand, Smiddy slew-footed Satterly in Milwaukee in the last series and then went and hid behind a referee. After what I saw last night, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that were the case. I'd like to see the video to confirm this, but that's what I've been told by numerous people.

I'm sorry that Soik got the assbeating that was intended for Smiddy, but he was the third man in, and he did throw a punch or two before Satterly got loose. The whole thing happened right in front of me. I don't think Smiddy got hit from behind, and he definitely turtled on Roman. I had flashbacks to Claude Lemieux in Detroit the night of that incident. To me, he was flat-out cowardly last night. I don't think much of him as a player. Smiddy was definitely challenged. Had he fought like a man, I think everything would have been put to bed right then and there.

I don't have a beef with the rest of the team, but for a guy to slew-foot someone, and then not answer for his own actions, I've got a real issue with that. And while no one may admit it, I'd bet there's some guys in the MSOE dressing room that feel the same way.
      I've also heard that after Watson's flying elbow at King's head (which ended King's career), Watson ran away when challenged, and Satterly went out... so sounds like it goes both ways.

Sounds like if everything would've been played out right after that elbow to King, the whole thing would've ended sooner, and not been dragged out to this series.

Again, I only have second hand accounts (from you and my MSOE sources), but I do trust my MSOE sources (personal friends)... a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
        I've also heard that after Watson's flying elbow at King's head (which ended King's career), Watson ran away when challenged, and Satterly went out... so sounds like it goes both ways.

Sounds like if everything would've been played out right after that elbow to King, the whole thing would've ended sooner, and not been dragged out to this series.

Again, I only have second hand accounts (from you and my MSOE sources), but I do trust my MSOE sources (personal friends)... a lot.
        I understand. I've also been told that Watson got popped by an elbow himself after his, and that's part of the reason Satterly wound up on the ice in Milwaukee as well. That's why I said that I wanted to see the video for I go any further on this. I don't like to comment on what I didn't see.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I understand. I've also been told that Watson got popped by an elbow himself after his, and that's part of the reason Satterly wound up on the ice in Milwaukee as well. That's why I said that I wanted to see the video for I go any further on this. I don't like to comment on what I didn't see.
          I agree... though it's odd that you'd send a Satterly out there for that. You throw an elbow, someone retaliates, you step up.

Either way, today should be a much cleaner game. Even if there's still lots of bad blood carrying over to today (which there most definitely is), I don't think either team would risk DQ's for the playoffs.

I'd expect a chippy game, but nothing major.

...and yes, I'd love to see the video, too. I should write the EECS department at MSOE and tell them to get some kids on that. A couple of ME seniors built that T-shirt cannon / pirate ship behemoth that they shoot off after goals. I would think some EE / SE / CE seniors could build up a few high-speed cameras and stream them over the web....

Comment

It might have been Satterly's turn to go on the ice. I'm not sure. I don't know how the sequence of events played out.

I don't know what to expect. I'm amazed that there were only 45 PIM handed out last night. It seemed like there was a lot more than that.

So you have a T-shirt cannon? Well, we've got a human slingshot that we use between the 2nd and 3rd periods. Somewhere, some lawyer is smiling like the butcher's dog over this...

God, that was fun...

Comment

It might have been Satterly's turn to go on the ice. I'm not sure. I don't know how the sequence of events played out.

I don't know what to expect. I'm amazed that there were only 45 PIM handed out last night. It seemed like there was a lot more than that.

So you have a T-shirt cannon? Well, we've got a human slingshot that we use between the 2nd and 3rd periods. Somewhere, some lawyer is smiling like the butcher's dog over this...
              It's a stationary thing that they fire off when they score... I can't find a picture of it though.

...and the human slingshot is also used at the Kern Center as well... in the form of Human Bowling:

*****http://edurant.smugmug.com/Sports/MSOE-Hockey/2010-01-22-Finlandia/486R9628/772349042_HpvWe-L.jpg******

The best thing, though, is when the Brewers' sausage mascots make their way to the Kern Center:

*****http://edurant.smugmug.com/Sports/MSOE-Hockey/20061028-MSOE-Hockey-vs-Lake/IMG6094/106333835_NmEmh-M.jpg******

Comment

After almost flipping over backwards last night, I lost some speed. I was hoping to haul ***. I barely made it to the end. Better than flipping over frontward like some did last week. I'd do it again. I told Duffy I needed a fresh pass of the the zamboni or in need of some Clark Griswald spray.
                Supporter of Adrian Bulldog Hockey

Comment

Well Hammer you have some pretty good sources. The slew foot did happen in the Kern Center and that did make him a marked player. He and Satterley have played together and against each other for years. While Satterley tried to engage Smiddy he wanted no part. I have a video of last night and Satterley skated up the wing with Smiddy but Roman made a hell of a check. He ended up at Satterley's feet Satterley skated behind the net and started back up ice and was watching Smiddy turtle and then Soik came flying in, the rest was a lesson in hockey manners, "Don't be a third in a tilt" Bad things can and do happen. The video also shows another MSOE player trying to go after Satterley and Fogal grabbed him. Joey, Satterley was not engaged with Smiddy at the time that Soik came charging in.
                  Last edited by Phan of the Soo heyadrian; 02-20-2010, 02:39 PM. Reason: misspell Satterley

Comment

Originally posted by Phan of the Soo heyadrian View Post
                    Well Hammer you have some pretty good sources. The slew foot did happen in the Kern Center and that did make him a marked player. He and Satterley have played together and against each other for years. While Satterley tried to engage Smiddy he wanted no part. I have a video of last night and Satterley skated up the wing with Smiddy but Roman made a hell of a check. He ended up at Satterley's feet Satterley skated behind the net and started back up ice and was watching Smiddy turtle and then Soik came flying in, the rest was a lesson in hockey manners, "Don't be a third in a tilt" Bad things can and do happen. The video also shows another MSOE player trying to go after Satterley and Fogal grabbed him. Joey, Satteley was not engaged with Smiddy at the time that Soik came charging in.
                    Right - like I said, sounds like Roman was on Smiddy. Smiddy wanted no part of it, so he turtled. Since Roman kept on trying to pummel him (which is also another lesson in hockey manners), and Soik went in to pull him off of Smiddy... essentially challenging Roman to a fight with HIM and not Smiddy. Satterly then jumped in (as he likely should), but Soik never even had a chance to square up or anything, as Satterly just dropped the gloves and started pummeling... even after Soik went down.

The slew foot wasn't necessarily an isolated incident. Satterly and Smiddy have had it for years, like you and I have both said... there's been no secret about that.

I'd like to see the video... can you post it on YouTube or elsewhere? All I've gotten is eyewitness accounts, and I haven't had a chance to see any footage myself.

Comment

Adrian's success in the MCHA is from playing goon hockey. Checking from behind, butt ending, fighting, running the goalie, slew footing is their style. Those tactics won't take them very far in the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by peterpuck View Post
                        Adrian's success in the MCHA is from playing goon hockey. Checking from behind, butt ending, fighting, running the goalie, slew footing is their style. Those tactics won't take them very far in the post season.
                        Adrian's success in the MCHA is because they have clearly been the best team in the league for three years. That said, you're right, stupid penalties of any type by any team will, as usual, be a death knell in the postseason.
                        “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                        19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by peterpuck View Post
                          What an immature, ill-informed statement from someone that wouldn't know talent if it was staring him in the face. Really....."goon hockey"? I believe that they have a 50+ win streak within their conference at present and you want us to believe that 50+ wins are because they are nothing but a bunch of goons.

You must be incredibly embarassed by making a statement like that. There isn't a coach anywhere in the NCAA that would not want to be holding on to the reins of a team with a streak like that.

Grow up kid.

Comment

Originally posted by loopy View Post
                            After almost flipping over backwards last night, I lost some speed. I was hoping to haul ***. I barely made it to the end. Better than flipping over frontward like some did last week. I'd do it again. I told Duffy I needed a fresh pass of the the zamboni or in need of some Clark Griswald spray.
                            LOOPY- You heard the crowd cheering you on to success. You won your haircut. What you need to consider is that the ability of the bungee cords
                            to propel an object along the surface is limited as the weight of the object is increased. Watch for the next episode of the Todd and Mike show during the league tournament when they unveil the bowling.;

Comment

Originally posted by GoBullDogsGo View Post
                              What an immature, ill-informed statement from someone that wouldn't know talent if it was staring him in the face. Really....."goon hockey"? I believe that they have a 50+ win streak within their conference at present and you want us to believe that 50+ wins are because they are nothing but a bunch of goons.

You must be incredibly embarassed by making a statement like that. There isn't a coach anywhere in the NCAA that would not want to be holding on to the reins of a team with a streak like that.

Grow up kid.
                              Must have hit a sore spot! Is your kid one of the PIM leaders?

Comment

Adrian is probably the most talented, chippy, undiciplined teams in DIII hockey. "Goon"...meh....not really sure. I tell you what I would hate to see what this team would be like if they had to play in a decent conference where they wouldn't be in control of every game, and would take some lumps along the way. The way they acted against Oswego (fustrated whatever) its not a surprise. They've won because of their talent, but in the games I've seen, and by the box score, play with little discipline you would come to expect from a top tier team....
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X