Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone like their coach?

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
    Red and White teams seem to be getting some good young coaches. Coach Appert at RPI is poised to turn around that program from the scrub he took over for a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the national picture, and soon.
    sk8ronthepond is not going to like reading this.

I am quite happy with Coach Appert.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Have to say that RIT fans are most likely happy with their coach. Going from DIII to DI and winning a regular season conference title - even in the AHA - is impressive. They have been a threat to win it all in conference ever since.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

No
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
          I like your coach. Hope he stays a lonnng time.
          CBG scores on a wicked one-timer. Assist to Priceless on the play
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
            Walt's a great guy doing the best with what he can. Ignore BWK, he's a farking troll.
            I'm not a troll, I just have a different opinion than you. It's sad that you have to dismiss me as a troll just because i don't agree with you. All in all, Walt is a good guy, he does a lot for the community - he's just not a good coach.

Comment

Even though Hak hasn't won a championship of the NCAA sorts yet, i believe he's a great coach and knows how to win. I can't even count how many times the players that go pro give him and his staff props for preparing them for the NHL.

Comment

No.
                Bob is making me concerned
                I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by siouxhog12 View Post
                  Even though Hak hasn't won a championship of the NCAA sorts yet, i believe he's a great coach and knows how to win. I can't even count how many times the players that go pro give him and his staff props for preparing them for the NHL.
                  I agree, but at some point (soon) I want an NCAA title. It's great to prepare them for the NHL, but that's not his main job.

Saying that, I'm pleased with the start this season, and the talent that we have lined up for the next couple years.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    It's great to prepare them for the NHL, but that's not his main job.
                    I would argue that it is the job of everyone on a collegiate campus to prepare students for life after college. Any awards you get along the way are gravy.

For faculty, that means educating and preparing them for their field of work.

For coaches, it means educating and preparing them for their field of work...like the NHL, for instance.

Take football for example and name me one spread-offense quarterback that has gone on to success in the NFL. Sure, the spread wins games, and even championships, but it doesn't prepare your players for professional football.

JMHO.
                    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                    2006 Time Person of the Year
                    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

I Believe In Seth Appert

courtesy of GLM
                      Last edited by NYhockeyguy; 10-17-2009, 04:50 PM.
                      RIT Tigers
                      2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                      2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Take a look to the left of this post, and judge for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by siouxhog12 View Post
                          I really like Hak and Eades. They will win more than one championship before it is all said and done. Most sioux fans have some kinda weird attachment to blais but I actually prefer Hakstol.

Comment

Anyone out there that witnessed last night's beat down of the Gophers, by a Sioux team with 10 freshmen, still think Lucia is a great coach?
                            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                              Anyone out there that witnessed last night's beat down of the Gophers, by a Sioux team with 10 freshmen, still think Lucia is a great coach?
                              Yes.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                                For coaches, it means educating and preparing them for their field of work...like the NHL, for instance.

Take football for example and name me one spread-offense quarterback that has gone on to success in the NFL. Sure, the spread wins games, and even championships, but it doesn't prepare your players for professional football.

JMHO.
                                If you want to look at it that way, then most college coaches are failures.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X