MN is going down the tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    I think you're the only Gopher fan on the board that thinks this.
    I think it's premature as well.

Comment

Re: MN is going down the tubes

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      I guess we can give UND the National Championship right now, just as long as they get to play every game at home, and all the other teams haven't even played a regular season game yet. Minnesota has no where to go but up, and North Dakota no where to go but down. You have to remember, even god himself could not stand to stay in North Dakota for more than 2 years, and after he left, UND has choked every year. As such, UND is still god forsaken, and this year is no different.

Oh, and this thread is premature, by the way.
      Why are you trying to make this thread about UND?
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Fire Lucia

The hard core Gopher fans need to start the fire Lucia thread and for many good reasons. To start there is no team play at all, Gophers are incapable of defending and attacking as a 5 man unit. Any offensive zone rush was a solo shot from poor angles. Defensive coverage and back check were horrible and this is due to a team full kids who floated through high school getting set up buy grinders. Gifted goal scorers but not the type to bring the lunch pail. When was the last time Lucia recruited a grinder that can do the dirty work in the corners? Defensemen are weak and small. 'Baby Jesus' looked out of place in a mens hockey game, as did Leddy, Fisher, Fairchild and the rest of the D-corp. Blind passes, passes in the skates, passes behind guys, panic time throwing the puck. It was amatures against a bona fide college team. I am hoping that UMD does the same thing to the gophers buy out working Hill and Lucia's fantasy team. That is one horrible hockey team parading in maroon and gold.

Comment

Keep lucia and hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goofers were terrible last night... state of hockey my ***. last page of the star tribune sports section carries the coverage -

Losing is one thing, but giving up? ***, that looked like a practice.

yup it's the goofers 1st game, but it's also the sioux series, where is the intensity???

Where was toni the turtle lucia last night hoping he would challenge someone to a fight and run behind the ref again...
          "You don't have enough talent to win on talent alone."

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote."

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            Why are you trying to make this thread about UND?
            Because UND actually has a team?

Comment

I guess we can give UND the National Championship right now, just as long as they get to play every game at home, and all the other teams haven't even played a regular season game yet. Minnesota has no where to go but up, and North Dakota no where to go but down. You have to remember, even god himself could not stand to stay in North Dakota for more than 2 years, and after he left, UND has choked every year. As such, UND is still god forsaken, and this year is no different.

Oh, and this thread is premature, by the way.
              Minnesota has no where to go but up... that is for sure, but if you think this is the best Sioux team you will see all year you need to lay off the crack pipe. The Sioux have had a couple of extra games a that certainly showed it helped last night but we are a young team and the more time they spend together on the ice the better they will get. btw happy, your predictions were so far off base you can by your own measurement, call yourself the loser. It will be fun to see what kind of Gopher team comes out tonight... better keep your heads up boys!

Comment

I don't suppose the gophers have any lower to go than being out shot, no goals, and the top line not showing up to play...I suppose on the bright side, for them, is that they could have no where to go but up...except any of the polls or standings.

Sioux looked good, perhaps some questionable calls by the refs, but maybe only if your eyes are maroon and gold. not many penalties against the Sioux, PP was good, PK better, we'll see what tonight brings, and maybe it will be reminiscent of last January's Saturday game. I'd hate to see both teams in the box continuously tonight. MN's defense needs to step up, as well as their offense. A goalie can only do so much, and we saw that last night.
                THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                University of Oregon Ducks Football
                San Francisco Giants
                Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

[QUOTE=sfo19;4411032]
                  Originally posted by HockeyMN View Post
                  I agree. In fact, this is one aspect of Minnesota sports that I've always seemed to hang my hat on. We know the Twins are okay, but we also know that they'll take a polite bow out in the first round of any playoff. You see, it's predictable. On a side note, it was kind of funny to see a Sioux fan in a UND hockey jersey wearing a Twins hat.[/QUOTE]

WHY? Are you so arrogant that North Dakota citizens are not allowed to support your state's major league baseball team? I, personally, am a UND alum, and a diehard Twins fan. A lot of people around the region are Twins fans, and I guess I don't understand why it's funny to see a Sioux fan wearing a Twins hat. A lot of them also like the Vikings. Is that okay with you?
                  The thing I hate seeing when I was attending UND was students wearing gopher crap. ML sports aren't the same as college. MN's major league sports (except maybe basketball) are ND's major league sports. Same situation to an extent where I grew up in Oregon, Seattle baseball and football, we had a basketball team...at least in the early 90's.
                  THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                  1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                  1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                  University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                  University of Oregon Ducks Football
                  San Francisco Giants
                  Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

[QUOTE=uofminneandy;4411109]
                    Originally posted by sfo19 View Post

Both Dakotas root for MN pro sports since they have none of their own. The Gophers totally sucked last night and I wanted to vomit in my rum!!!!!
                    The question is, will the Dakotas root for the Los Angeles Vikings in 2012?
                    Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                    Steven Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckincrew View Post
                      I think I'll root for the Los Angeles Jaguars

Or perhaps the Los Angeles Vikings of Anaheim.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by 5RINGS View Post
                        The SUE win 10-0 without kangas! Just plain UGLY
                        A complete work of art.

Comment

Caught a lot of the game last night on FSN. Frank and Doug didn't seem to excited about the team.
                          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

I guess we can give UND the National Championship right now, just as long as they get to play every game at home,...
                            Happy finally sees the light. From here on out every Sioux game will seem like a home game, especially games in Mariucci arena where the Gophers will face a hostile crowd. Should be plenty of tickets available for Sioux fans to see those games.
                            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

[QUOTE=Wreckincrew;4411259]
                              Originally posted by uofminneandy View Post
                              OK with me. When can I sign up for season tickets?
                              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

[QUOTE=sfo19;4411032]
                                Originally posted by HockeyMN View Post
                                I agree. In fact, this is one aspect of Minnesota sports that I've always seemed to hang my hat on. We know the Twins are okay, but we also know that they'll take a polite bow out in the first round of any playoff. You see, it's predictable. On a side note, it was kind of funny to see a Sioux fan in a UND hockey jersey wearing a Twins hat.[/QUOTE]

WHY? Are you so arrogant that North Dakota citizens are not allowed to support your state's major league baseball team? I, personally, am a UND alum, and a diehard Twins fan. A lot of people around the region are Twins fans, and I guess I don't understand why it's funny to see a Sioux fan wearing a Twins hat. A lot of them also like the Vikings. Is that okay with you?
                                Whoa. Easy there. I thought Minnesota fans were supposed to be the sensitive ones who got their feelings hurt too easily - according some other UND/MN posts I've read here, anyway.

Don't read too in-depth on this one, it was just a casual side comment. Nothing more. I'm not "so arrogant that North Dakota citizens ...etc, etc" I'm simply saying that it seemed a little unusual for a UND fan to be wearing anything other than UND apparel at their home game, especially when he was sporting a hat that supports a team from the very state UND was playing against. It's just fine that you support the Twins - I think that's great (at least we have one thing in common). But, do you wear a Twins hat with your Sioux hockey jersey at the Ralph when the Gophers come to play? It caught me off guard. If I really offended you, and you need me to apologize, then let me know. I'd be happy to give it to you.

As far as anyone, in any state, supporting any Minnesota pro sports team - the more the merrier. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X