Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#26 Union @ St, Clooud: Bringing USCHO posters together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #26 Union @ St, Clooud: Bringing USCHO posters together!

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, pass me some popcorn as well. He's just getting warmed up I think.
    Probably was enjoying the many parties at the 13th ranked party school in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      Yeah, pass me some popcorn as well. He's just getting warmed up I think.
      Hopefully he doesn't pind anyone's monkey.******* width="1" height="1">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ED_pU2oDnug&autoplay=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ED_pU2oDnug&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1">
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Talk about crapping the bed. St. Cloud came with one two minutes or a two-goal win, and ESCAPED with a tie. The first Union goal was a result of awful defense from Brett Barta and Garrett Raboin. I totally wasn't paying attention for the 2nd goal, but the 3rd one made Lauridsen look like a total idiot. I could almost see him screaming "NOOOOOO!" in slow motion as he did a complete 360 trying to find the Union forward with the puck.

I thought Lee looked great. He spends a little too much time on his stomach, but he can outgrow that. Our passing looked really good in the 1st period, but after that was so-so. The defense, on the other hand, needs work. It was hilarious watching Lasch lollygag back to the defensive zone the entire game...making it to the blue line before we had the puck again. Wonder why he had his "A" taken away.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          And I get a red chickle from FTLT. You cannot make this stuff UP.

Go get 'em Union.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way FTLT. I didn't blame Lee. I was TOLD THERE WAS NO WAY IN H E DOUBLEHOCKEYSTICKS that Union could win the game with him in nets. Talk to startthebus and stop blaming me.
          Well there's your first problem right there, you listened to shortbus.
          Yeah, you got a red one, so?
          No Husky fan with a brain has talked up Lee as a God, or a savior, especially as a freshman.
          All I told you was, this game wasn't Lee's fault.
          They took their foot off the gas pedal and part of that has to go on the coaching staff and I heard before the 2nd period Motzko say they were going for dump and chase hockey, which as we all know from SCSU's experience, never works.
          They laid a stinker tonight, oh well.
          How'd the Gophers look?
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            How'd the Gophers look?
            But the Gophers looked like total crap against a team that's relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              Wonder how they'd fare against Union. And btw, interesting music we have playing now...

Comment

Talk about crapping the bed. St. Cloud came with one two minutes or a two-goal win, and ESCAPED with a tie. The first Union goal was a result of awful defense from Brett Barta and Garrett Raboin. I totally wasn't paying attention for the 2nd goal, but the 3rd one made Lauridsen look like a total idiot. I could almost see him screaming "NOOOOOO!" in slow motion as he did a complete 360 trying to find the Union forward with the puck.

I thought Lee looked great. He spends a little too much time on his stomach, but he can outgrow that. Our passing looked really good in the 1st period, but after that was so-so. The defense, on the other hand, needs work. It was hilarious watching Lasch lollygag back to the defensive zone the entire game...making it to the blue line before we had the puck again. Wonder why he had his "A" taken away.
                2nd goal was Lasch completely losing his man.
                Funny thing is Lasch was actully talking about defense in the 2nd intermission, how the forwards have to do more blueline to blueline. They sure didn't tonight.

"They were all on our forwards -- collectively, they had a very poor game," Motzko said. "I'll have to look at them on film, but I know a forward missed his check on the second goal and they went right down the middle of the ice on the third. Give (Union) credit, but I'm disappointed we had ways to fight out of this game and we didn't."

"(Union) did make some plays and they got a couple of bounces, but we started to shut down how we were playing and we didn't stay with our systems through the game," said junior forward Garrett Roe, who collected an assist for his 95th career point. "You can't stop. Mike Lee can only stop so many shots. What'd he face? 37? In his first (home) game. He's excited and he played well. I feel bad for him."

"A lot of times we got caught in the offensive zone," Roe said. "They didn't have much when we were man-on-man. But we gave up way too many odd-man rushes to be successful in any game."

Through three games, the Huskies are now 0-2-1 with a total of five goals. The only worse start to a season in school history was in 1987-88, when SCSU lost its first three Division I games 6-0 to Minnesota, and 8-4 and 7-3 to Lake Superior State. The Huskies were winless in their first seven under former head coach Craig Dahl before finally sweeping Air Force at the old Municipal Athletic Complex arena.

Roe wasn't even born yet then.

"I had two goals tonight that I have to score every game," Roe said. "I have to put those in and I didn't. If I do, right there it's a 5-1 game and it changes the whole complexion of the game. I'm one of those guys who needs to start putting up some offense to get this team going a little bit."

"If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Crap is still crap.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by huskiesfan1990 View Post
                    Wonder how they'd fare against Union. And btw, interesting music we have playing now...
                    I turned my speakers off.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      Hopefully he doesn't pind anyone's monkey.******* width="1" height="1">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ED_pU2oDnug&autoplay=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ED_pU2oDnug&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1">
                      What a night!
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

it was horrible watching the huskies basically stop trying mid-way through the second period... I thought Lee made some nice saves but I thought the 5 hole goal was kinda weak. Milan played a lot better after the first period, but that first goal he let in was pretty bad, all he had to do was hug the post and it wouldn't have went in
                        Originally posted by Mankato student
                        Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                        "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                        -- Peter Klein

Comment

"eats crow"

Comment

What was Forbes' opinion of the game? They're good at financial stuff so they're clearly the final word here. Was it the 26th best game ever?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Unbelievable. They better play better tonight or I'm going to give up my Saturday tickets!
                              President of the Jason Stewart Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                I really should add this to my Brief History of Union Hockey, considering it's a great example of the RPI obsession.

Should also probably add the part about Union fans bragging about a tie.
                                Not obsessed enough to write a "brief history".

Comment

Working...
                                X