• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence - 2009-10 In-season Thread

Selling tickets to see Jon hug Hockeydad

Comment

About time you kicked off the actual in-season thread...

Good job by PC last night of remaining patient and taking advantage of what they were given. They threw the body around pretty well last night too. Wasn't expecting them to be quite that physical. Watch for Notre Dame to ramp it up a number of notches where that's concerned tonight.

Congrats to PC on the win.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
        About time you kicked off the actual in-season thread...
        Like a fine wine it's better to let things age. We can't be rushed into things.
        Good game last night and I'm sure tonight will be no exception. I fully expect to see the Irish come out flying. It will be a good test for Friars and I think that we are all interested to see how they respond.
        Your a good sport IHF and I wish your team all the best the rest of the way.
        I just wish I could have made it out to South Bend this weekend. The USC game scared me away.

Comment

Well done folks, you beat Notre Dame so bad they had a team-only meeting about it.
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Yes, after beating Notre Dame with less than their most impressive performance (Jumbolaya), PC can expect to Notre Dame to "ramp it up a number of notches" tonight (Irish Hockey Fan).

Because Notre Dame learned from the Bemidji game and is not going to let that happen to them again. And they probably, help me here IHF), really learned from the UAH game last weekend. And they probably really, really learned from last night's game.

I love the cliches, boys and girls, please keep them coming. They make the games themselves seem so unimportant. PC didn't give :their most impressive performance? Please. Why not just love your team beating Notre Dame?

Comment

Holy crap, guys. Nice job. Sweep 'em.
              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
              -
              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Break up the Friars!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by grantfan View Post
                  Yes, after beating Notre Dame with less than their most impressive performance (Jumbolaya)

. . . . .

PC didn't give :their most impressive performance? Please. Why not just love your team beating Notre Dame?
                  Did you watch the game last night? PC did absolutely, positively nothing on the power play (and is now 0-for-the-season, including the UNB exhibition), and still managed to come away with the victory. Yes, it was a fantastic win for the players and program, but there are still clearly some areas to improve (e.g., special teams) going forward. I don't think anyone is being overly critical in pointing that out. This is a young team (11 freshman), and the coaching staff really needs to do their part in getting them up to speed on the finer points of the college game.

Besides, I am essentially a completely neutral observer for the ND-PC matchup. Not that you'd have any reason to know this, but I spent my first year of college at Notre Dame in the early 90s (as they struggled to return to the CCHA), and I have numerous ND & St. Mary's connections in my family. Yes, I am a season ticket holder at PC (and also started doing some blogging about them), but that is a very recent development. While I was excited to see PC pull off the upset, I still feel a lot of affinity for the Irish program, which limped along for many years itself prior to Jackson's arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                    Your a good sport IHF and I wish your team all the best the rest of the way.
                    I just wish I could have made it out to South Bend this weekend. The USC game scared me away.
                    Yeah, I don't drink after losses anymore so its easier to be a good loser... And trust me, the USC game has been scaring ME away for a few years now...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                      Yeah, I don't drink after losses anymore so its easier to be a good loser...
                      LOL. I adopted the opposite approach over the last few seasons. So I'm sure that you're in better shape than I am on SO many levels.

Comment

I couldn't drink last night because I had to work today, but I may drink tonight. Now watch...ND will go out and win tonight and I won't need to drink! Oh wait, that's a good thing...

PC has that 1-2-2 down. ND has always had struggles with that kind of play.
                        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Everyone is right that ND will come tonight with a little more edge then last night, so hopefully the Friars can take advantage on some of the chances they had last night - shorthanded chances, breakaways, powerplay.

A lot of NHL teams are still struggling with their powerplay a few weeks into the pro season, so the fact that PC last night was less the "clicking" on the powerplay isn't a huge concern right now. Though would like to see maybe more then one shot on future 5:00 powerplays.

Important that PC come out strong at the begining of the 1st, to not let the ND revenge/emotion take hold.

Anyone know about New's status?? Is his end of game hand injury serious?

Comment

Yes teams have trouble early on power plays but we have had trouble for 3 years so its time to get one

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                              Yes teams have trouble early on power plays but we have had trouble for 3 years so its time to get one
                              I say it every year I love to watch BU on the power play. They typically have good puck movement, quick tape to tape passes, and a sense of where the puck is going next. Ours tends to be a lot slower with a hesitation as to what to do next.
                              Providence College
                              National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                                Well done folks, you beat Notre Dame so bad they had a team-only meeting about it.
                                ... bringing back memories of a similar emergency MSU had after PC beat them in the GLI.
                                what is it about CCHA teams freaking out when we beat them? Hell, we beat BGSU last year and it apparently almost killed their program.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X