This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 In-season Thread

I just hope this dope never discovers the BU thread!
    Last edited by theprofromdover; 10-27-2009, 07:19 AM.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Congratulations to Matt Bergland on being named HE player of the week. It's a nice accomplishment and hopefully this is the first for a few for the Friars this season.
      Last edited by PC91; 10-27-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

This is a big weekend for PC as UMass will be in the top group of HE and have proven they belong with wins over BU and Maine......PC will have to stay out of the box and be sure to stop odd man breaks so the fowards will have to be alert and rotate back if the D is attacking

Comment

It seems like Providence is getting a little more love on the HE predictions thread. I guess a few wins will do that for you.
          I was pleasantly surprised that a number of posters have PC splitting the weekend series w/ UMass.
          I found it funny that most predicting the split had one team winning by a certain score on friday and the opposite team winning saturday night's game by an almost identical score as the night before.
          A few posters have PC losing at home but winning on the road. Clearly, they don't know how PC traditionally does on the bigger sheet of ice.
          Just three days away now!!!

Comment

Hopefully UMass will be looking ahead to pounding Niagra next weekend but I doubt it.....if we keep playing like we have shown then I will be happy with a split this early in the season, but the loss has to be a tight game not a rout

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
              Hopefully UMass will be looking ahead to pounding Niagra next weekend but I doubt it.....if we keep playing like we have shown then I will be happy with a split this early in the season, but the loss has to be a tight game not a rout
              Looking ahead to pounding Niagara?? I agree this is an interesting early season series. A pair of Umass wins and they are really off to one of the more impressive early-season starts they've ever had in the conference. PC obviously wants to avoid an 0-2 conference hole and avoid last year's performance, but a split would be fine all things considered.
              Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 10-28-2009, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                Hopefully UMass will be looking ahead to pounding Niagra
                Looking ahead to Niagra? No offense to them, but they're not exactly a rival or anything. Looking ahead to Niagra? I didn't even know they were playing Niagra next. I'm sorry, but I just can't get passed this part of the post.
                #NewMass

Comment

Simply put Niagra while not Bowling Green should offer no challenge to UMass and I am sure you knew what was suggested by the statement

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                    Looking ahead to Niagra? No offense to them, but they're not exactly a rival or anything. Looking ahead to Niagra? I didn't even know they were playing Niagra next. I'm sorry, but I just can't get passed this part of the post.
                    I think he was kidding.

Call me crazy...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Well that was a tough one. Always hurts a little more when you give up a third period lead. UMass has an awsome power play - think we gave them 8 or 9 power plays, that was the game.

Anyone know why J. Cavanaugh and O'Connor didn't play?? Injury or other guys having a better week of practice?

Comment

Just not deep enough.....tired players equal penalties and we sure took a bunch.......hard to win from the box and have your top lines ready to go when they are killing dumb penalties all night......when the game was even we looked good but as soon as we started to get tired it was all downhill.....Beaudry looked very good and held us in the game......call this a lesson in hockey and move on.......glass is leaking a bit......hope Cavanaughs foot heals quickly and O'Connor feels better
                        Last edited by satyking; 10-30-2009, 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I still think this early in the season it is unwise to shorten your bench. Keep throwing the 4th line out there. Although it is tough to do that with so much pk time. I thought we looked good for 45-50 minutes.
                          Providence College
                          National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

As I arrived in Madison tonight to see UNH play the Badgers, I couldn't help but think..... Oh where or where has my Mullet Head gone oh where oh where can she be!! Happy New Year fellow Friars Fans!!
                            Let's GO FRIARS!!
                            Let's GO FRIARS!!

Mikey Sweeps!!

Comment

A few points:

- We keep playing like that, we'll win more than we lose.
                              - Keep the hell out of the box.
                              -The officiating tonight was bizarre. Why was UMASS' first goal under review? And how many ridiculous basketball ticky tack calls were made last night?
                              - I sat in front of the worst fan in college hockey history last night. He was like Dustin Hoffman's character in "Rain Man" after a half dozen packs of cigarettes crossed with the internal monologue in Toot Cahoon's head. He never stopped talking "c'monmikey, c'monmikey" ARGH!!!!! Ugh. Just shut the **** up already.
                              -I love Beaudry, but he scares the hell out of me. There were multiple times last night, where a shot came in and swear to Parise, he was not looking. Yet he made the save...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I agree with Jon we will win alot more than we lose if we can keep it up.......but every penalty causes the top 2 lines to work harder as PKs so they are tiring and become less effective as the game goes on......they have to stay out of the box and pay attention to what they are doing....a too many men on the ice call is mental and can not happen again......the glass is going down and the parade was cancelled

Comment

Working...
                                X