X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 In-season Thread

Still tied after 2 periods.
    Last night they were able to score in bunches. Let's hope for a big third.

Comment

2-1 Friars in the 3rd.

Comment

Final 3-1 for the Friars.

First road sweep in 6 years.

Friars killed off a 5 min. major in period 2 and Gates was immense in net for this one with 32 saves.

HE action starts on Friday with the UMASS Minutemen coming to town.

Comment

Great job finishing off the weekend sweep.
          The team now heads into HE action so the real test begins next weekend. The Friars have started off the season on the right foot and I hope they keep it rolling!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
            First road sweep in 6 years.
            Seriously?! Wow, that is an incredibly long dry spell. Good to get the proverbial monkey off the back, even if Bowling Green isn't exactly the mid-70's Canadiens for caliber of competition.

Friars killed off a 5 min. major in period 2 and Gates was immense in net for this one with 32 saves.
            This team is showing impressive resiliency, and the goaltending has been an unexpected area of strength. Keep up the momentum in Hockey East play!

Comment

Hockey for real starts Friday, hope they can keep it up

Comment

We should have scheduled #20 Quinnipiac again this year. I attended the Providence/Quinnipiac matchup last season in Hamden. Although QU won 5-1 it was an exciting game against this ECAC Hockey team. My brother is a QU grad and it made for some great competition. He has exposed me to the legion of QU/Yale hockey fans in the Hamden/New Haven area. Also, QU is our academic peer with a very similar student body which is fertile ground for a potential budding rivalry.

S. Cuddy
                Providence BA 1982
                Providence MA 1984

Comment

Nice team win....on the road....game on the line in third....CCHA team....regardless that is BG! Nice weekend to build on as we approach the league schedule.
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Keep playing like that and this is going to be a boring race for 10th place (aka the Timmy Cup)!

Comment

59% and rising....

Comment

Was good to see Gates play well last night. Though Beaudry seems to be the strong #1 - good to see that he may be able to take a break some times during the season, with Gates filling in. Also, that new "Minnesota 4th line" of Maloney-Landman-Simon, more then held its own in their first game of the year. The other 4th line of Balysky-Schaller-Rooney has also done a very good job. Seem to now have some nice depth there.

It's early, but Jamnick seems like a real player. Also, the D overall seems very good.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                          Nah. Ritalin.
                          he didn't mean 91....

Comment

Congrats to Providence & their fans for a split out at Notre Dame and being 4-1 on season thus far. Notre Dame is 3-3 but I saw them beat BU 3-0 and they looked very good, so beating them out there is impressive. Plus, Providence has racked up all of their wins on the road! Glad to see they're back. Last year they played well and gave teams a run for their money, just didn't have the W's to show for it. Could be very different this year.
                            BC is my team & alma mater but I love everyone being good in HE. Looking forward to making the trip down to Schneider again this DEC. to see that match-up. Love that arena and the band with their electric guitar & base!

Good crowd, too, unlike our super-obnoxious rival fans down the street who take it up to another level when they visit Conte Forum & when we play there. BU must have the most obnoxious traveling fans in D-1 hockey!
                            --- Just a tangent I had to throw in there.
                            BC '97
                            Home/Road (yes, even outside Boston ) supporter

Comment

59% of what ?????

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                59% of what ?????
                                I asked him/her when it was at 57% and didn't get a response. Maybe it's an inside joke only the Army family understands.

Comment

Working...
                                X