Cornell Big Red Women's hockey 2009-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell Big Red Women's hockey 2009-2010

Alright, with the first exhibition game less than 5 days away, I thought it would be time to start a new thread for the season. I can't wait for the games to begin!

Re: Cornell Big Red Women's hockey 2009-2010

Nice write-up on the CU site. Although, it was a bit of sad to be reminded that the Big Red never finished higher than 5th in the ECACs.

What do you think? Could this year be the year?

GO BIG RED!

Comment

I certainly hope so. I think Cornell will be very strong on D. I like what I saw from Mazzotta in net last season. If the returning forwards can step it up a notch to help compensate for Johnston and Jenner's sabbatical, I really like our odds.

Comment

Cornell up on the Toronto Aeros 2-0 through 1. Goals by Danforth and White. I'm really impressed with Rougeau. Fortino is not dressed for the exhibition game. Hopefully, she will be ready to go Mercyhurst. Both Hompe and Jue are playing in todays game.

Comment

Cornell up 3-1 after 2. Cornell came out flatter that period and gave up a power play goal about 7 minutes in but White looks like she's picking up where she left off last season and scored to regain the 2 goal lead 2/3 the way through the second.

Aeros look good for a high school aged team. I definitely would not complain if Cornell picked up a player or two from them for next season.

Comment

5-5 at the end of the 3rd. Going into OT.

Comment

Game ends in a 5-5 tie. Saw some things I really liked; saw somethings that will need work. Cornell controlled the majority of the play. There were a couple of defensive lapses/miscues in the third that gave the Aeros the opportunity to scores some goals (which they did take advantage of) that will need to be addressed.
              Last edited by mattj711; 10-18-2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                Cornell up on the Toronto Aeros 2-0 through 1. Goals by Danforth and White. I'm really impressed with Rougeau. Fortino is not dressed for the exhibition game. Hopefully, she will be ready to go Mercyhurst. Both Hompe and Jue are playing in todays game.
                Why didn't Fortino dress...injury?

Comment

Originally posted by USteel View Post
                  Why didn't Fortino dress...injury?
                  I'm not sure why she didn't play today. I'm hoping whatever prevented her from playing will not be an issue from here on out.

Comment

Cornell up 3-1 after 2. Cornell came out flatter that period and gave up a power play goal about 7 minutes in but White looks like she's picking up where she left off last season and scored to regain the 2 goal lead 2/3 the way through the second.

Aeros look good for a high school aged team. I definitely would not complain if Cornell picked up a player or two from them for next season.
                    There are ~10 players on the Aeros roster that play for Team Ontario U18, and one that plays on Team Atlantic. That is how loaded that club is this year.

Comment

I'm not sure why she didn't play today. I'm hoping whatever prevented her from playing will not be an issue from here on out.
                      Rumour has it, as stated on an Ontario site, that there may be a Clearinghouse hold up

Comment

Thank you to whomever rep'd me. That kind of info is always much appreciated!

Comment

Cornell v Mercyhurst to is about to begin in 10 minutes. Fortino is in the line up for the big red.

Cornell's line are:

Karpenko Ogilvie Danforth
                          Zorn White Jue
                          Hughes K. Overguard A. Overguard

Rougeau Fortino
                          Young Martino
                          McGinty Paulson

Mazzotta
                          Wilson

Hompe is traveling with the soccer team.

Comment

1-0 Mercyhurst after 1. Shots on goal 6-6.

Comment

3-1 Meryhurst after 2. Cornell with a 14-11 shot advantage through 2 periods. Meryhurst scored early in the second on a breakaway. Cornell than pulled to within 1 when Karpenko took a nice feed from White, forced her way through a Mercyhurst defender and went top shelf on Pattenden. Unfortunately, Mercyhurst found an open person at the back of Cornell's net to go up 3-1.

Comment

Working...
                              X