The Guide to yelling at WCHA Refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guide to yelling at WCHA Refs

As some of you may already know, this season the WCHA refs will not have their names on the back of their stripes any longer...just a number.

So, if you feel the need to yell at said refs, here is the guide for you (TBA and redwing77, you may want to print it out).

3 -- Derek Shepherd
    4 -- Todd Anderson
    5 -- Justin Brown*
    7 -- Don Adam
    8 -- Tom Sterns*
    9 -- C.J. Beaurline
    10 -- Peter Friesema
    11 -- Tim Walsh
    12 -- Butch Mousseaux
    14 -- Brian Thul
    15 -- Marco Hunt
    17 -- Craig Welker
    18 -- Max Battimo
    20 -- Brad Albers
    22 -- Bill Mason
    23 -- Matt Ulwelling
    24 -- Jon Campion
    25 -- Mike McCreary*
    27 -- Jonathan Morrison
    29 -- Scott Bokal
    31 -- Brett Klosowski
    33 -- Brad Shepherd

*denotes new referee

Grand Forks' linesmen:
    37 -- Tom Lund
    71 -- Brian Novlesky
    76 -- Brandon Schmitt
    77 -- Mike Eslinger
    78 -- Nathan Freeman
    79 -- Matt Ulwelling
    83 -- Justin Hills
    84 -- Phil Stodgell
    92 -- Andy Carton
    (stolen from the Sioux blog)

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Re: The Guide to yelling at WCHA Refs

A few interesting tidbits for your heckling pleasure:

Max Battimo was a bit part player on the TV show Good Morning Miss Bliss, which he would be cut from when it became Saved by the Bell.

Brian Thul is either one extreme or the other - one period he'll call nothing, the next he'll try to call one penalty on every player on the farking ice.

Marco Hunt is Thul slightly toned down, likes to call lots of ticky-tack stuff.

Todd Anderson lets everything go short of a skate to the throat.

Matt Ulwelling is a former Michigan Tech Husky ('97-'01 I believe.)

Derek Shepherd sucks at bar trivia. I once got him to flip me off at Old Chicago after a tUMD game because I was kicking his ***.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      A few interesting tidbits for your heckling pleasure:

Max Battimo was a bit part player on the TV show Good Morning Miss Bliss, which he would be cut from when it became Saved by the Bell.

Derek Shepherd sucks at bar trivia. I once got him to flip me off at Old Chicago after a tUMD game because I was kicking his ***.
      These two things are maybe the most amazing things I've ever read on this website.
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Beaurline sucks at darts. I mean "can't hit the MACHINE" sucks at darts.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is a brilliant thread. I'm so glad somebody posted it. Definitely keeping this on the phone for reference

I'm still hoping for a mass letter writing campaign like people do with their congressmen. These guys are a joke and we deserve so much better. I'm thinking about going down to the local pee-wee rink and paying some guys $20 to do a better job.
          University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
          Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Sometimes its easier to remember numbers and names if you attach a story to each ref...

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWVxtA3X2ro&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWVxtA3X2ro&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
            #24 Jon Campion & #92 Andy Carton once had supporting roles in a YouTube Movie.

*****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/R4jLwh09EFI/AAAAAAAACDI/ZGFyREESraI/s400/vsdudisputedgoal3mr0.png******
            Randy Schmidt didn't survive this blown call

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/R6YsVVlut8I/AAAAAAAACTI/n6mAAWNnr2M/s400/hakstol_bird.jpg******
            Dave "The Bird" Hakstol flipping off #7 Don Adam
            Last edited by dggoddard; 10-14-2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

It's Jon Campion, but it's not like it matters. Everyone just yells "You suck, Campion!"
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I've always thought that Max got a raw deal with Saved by the Bell.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  As some of you may already know, this season the WCHA refs will not have their names on the back of their stripes any longer...just a number.

So, if you feel the need to yell at said refs, here is the guide for you (TBA and redwing77, you may want to print it out).

(stolen from the Sioux blog)

Thanks Brian, I am printing it out and adding it to my hockey bag!! This will come in reall handy. Although most of us recognize the refs, I admit that I got Lil Shep and Adam mixed up this past weekend.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    I've always thought that Max got a raw deal with Saved by the Bell.
                    Perhaps, but if he blows a call and the fans aren't chanting "AC SLATER!" at him you all fail at everything in life.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Jonathan Morrison used to drive a truck for UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        It's Jon Campion, but it's not like it matters. Everyone just yells "You suck, Campion!"
                        Jon Campion once asked for my wife's phone number in the elevator at the Downtown Mankato Holiday Inn.

I wish she would have given it to him so when he called we could have saved his phone number
                        Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
                        Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
                          Jon Campion once asked for my wife's phone number in the elevator at the Downtown Mankato Holiday Inn.

I wish she would have given it to him so when he called we could have saved his phone number
                          Some of us have certain phone numbers....no, I'm not giving them to anyone.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Beaurline sucks at darts. I mean "can't hit the MACHINE" sucks at darts.
                            Aaahhh, my old college roommate.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Which one is the one that looks like the dad from Phil of the Future?

Comment

Working...
                              X