Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colorado College @ Wisconsin - KC opening to the Doors

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Ahh, sorry about that. I think I've been mis-spelling Gudmandson as well.

I got the line combos from THE authority of UW Hockey - the "No Alibi's, No Regrets" blog of course.
    Which I had gotten from Baggot (linked him in my post that Tim borrowed from). Lines posted last night by Baggot are a bit different, with Grotting on Street's line and Podge on Dolan's line.
    "It's a great day for hockey"

LET'S GO RED!

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

Comment

For those that may not have seen the announcement, the BigTen Network is carrying a stream of Saturday night's game from their website (it's not being broadcast on TV). The cost is $2.99.

http://video.bigtennetwork.com/about

Comment

I'm pumped too. We cancelled the satellite over the summer, but the installer is at my house now, getting us all set up. First thing to do when I get home is set the DVR.

I can't wait for tonight!

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love

LET'S GO RED!

Comment

How is Patrick Johnson still in the lineup? And Davies is sitting in the stands? This isn't April fools is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              How is Patrick Johnson still in the lineup? And Davies is sitting in the stands? This isn't April fools is it?
              I don't know, Chuck, PJ didn't have a great season last year, but I have a better feeling about him for this year. And I just don't see PJ sitting for the opening series.

Davies clearly has talent, but he seems to have somewhat of an apathetic attitude. He needed to be scratched several times last season as a wake-up call, and one would hope that he wouldn't need a wake-up call already this season, but whatever. I wish he'd give a bit more sustained effort, because he could score a good number of goals for us . . .

LET'S GO RED!

Comment

Davies wasn't brought here for his attitude. He wasn't brought here for his effort. He wasn't brought here to dig pucks out of the corner. He was brought here to do one thing, and that was put points on the board. And he's proved throught his career here that he can do that at a high clip.

Comment

Is this game only on FSNRM, or will it also be on FSN-WI/North?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

MCR and I were wrong with Bennett starting Friday. I'm shocked. Eaves sure screwed that one up. Never doubt the goalie Dad's.
                    Tru' dat!

If we lose with BB tonight, don't blame us, we voted for the other guy.

I guessed Goody going by what I read the past week. I guess it's true what they say about believing what you read on the internet. Whatever went down this week, Eaves made his choice, Brett will do his best and I hope Goody keeps his chin up. I was expecting a fast ball and got a cutter.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by 60min View Post
                      Now I KNOW it's hockey season!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        I didn't want to go in this direction right off the bat, but Chuck made me..starting Turnbull over Davies is almost criminial. The only thing saving Eaves is on paper he has plenty of other guys who can score, but none more proven than Davies. I don't want to see another Gorowsky type situation. I'd also add in Thurber as well. He's has a history of being a very good assist guy and he's sitting too. In a few weeks, the "5th" line will be Thurber centering Davies and Lee. Insane.

If Eaves wants to a coach a bunch of guys who will work hard and don't score, maybe he sould go coach at UAA or Tech.

On the positive side...

Bennett broke all of Elloitt's conditioning records. Excellent. I don't know what direction Eaves will go in for Saturday night's game. I HATE unsettled goalie situations. Eaves should just pick 1 and run with it.

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I seem to remember that Davies' performance improved after he came back from being benched. Am I remembering correctly?

Comment

I'm sure Goody goes tomorrow night unless he has been atrocious in practice (doesn't sound like he has been) or maybe if Bennett gets a SO tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                              Is this game only on FSNRM, or will it also be on FSN-WI/North?
                              It's on FSN-WI.

Add me to the group that doesn't understand Davies sitting tonight instead of Turnball. A bit disapointed not to see Thurber in the lineup as well, but not sure who you'd sit out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                                I seem to remember that Davies' performance improved after he came back from being benched. Am I remembering correctly?
                                Depends what you mean by performance??? His effort is usually horrid, specially in the corners and back checking, thats why he is sitting tonight. Somebody said something about how his job isn't to grind and win battles along the boards or back check, his job is to score goals... EVeryones job is to grind in the corners, win battles along the boards and back check, if you don't do that, you can't score goals. Its that simple, Podge may not have the finishing skills of Davies but he is in top shape and gets possession of the puck in tough areas, which last time a checked, leads to offense...

About P. Johnson in the lineup... good for him, he has earned the opportunity to start again... anybody who follows the program knows that, i don't care what freshman maybe could do better. Last year was last year, its a new year and you got to put the guys on the ice that show the most effort.
                                Last edited by uwbadgers14; 10-16-2009, 01:17 PM.
                                The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                                X