MSU (spartans) vs. Maine - Oct. 16/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU (spartans) vs. Maine - Oct. 16/17

Is it true there's nothing to do in Orono?

Anyway I've checked ahead and found the local general store is fresh out of pitchforks and rope. What gives??

Re: MSU (spartans) vs. Maine - Oct. 16/17

Nothing to do in Orono? Attend the weekend Whitehead lynching if you're up this way.

Easy 2 wins for MSU....this Maine team is truly pathetic. But, we hear there is some young freshman talent on the team that Whitey has not not yet been able to screw up....so who knows, maybe they'll be ignorant enough of Timmays system and actually score.

If anyone does the trip (unlikely) from out west, bring a poster or two with you....."Fire Timmay" or "Hire Corkum".....either one works.

Having said all this, I now think Maine sweeps.
    Last edited by acs64; 10-12-2009, 09:33 AM.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      If anyone does the trip (unlikely) from out west, bring a poster or two with you....."Fire Timmay" or "Hire Corkum".....either one works.
      I'm a poster making the trip - did you want the posters, or some posters? Most likely I could kidnap some Fire Comley posters
      Last edited by owslachief; 10-12-2009, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        I'm a poster making the trip - did you want the posters, or some posters? Most likely I could kidnap some Fire Comley posters
        We would prefer posters with posters. Or parents with posters. Girlfriends with posters. Posers with posters. Playboy pinup posters. Anything with posters works. X out the Comley, substitute Whitehead........simple. You do this, you will be instant heroes, we might have statue built just pher you. really.
        Last edited by acs64; 10-12-2009, 10:26 AM.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
          You do this, you will be instant heroes, we might have statue built just pher you. really.
          Next to Paul Kariya, I hope

unless of course there's no Kariya statue because he skipped out early.

Sandbagging prediction: 2 points for State.

Comment

Does that mean Maine gets to miss the playoffs in two different conferences?
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Next to Paul Kariya, I hope

unless of course there's no Kariya statue because he skipped out early.

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              Does that mean Maine gets to miss the playoffs in two different conferences?
              Oh I'm a-laughin at myself - of course that's 3 points for the CCHA and 2 points for the CCCP-HE Challenge

no really that's 1 win or 2 ties for MSU this weekend

Comment

Fore!!!

Comment

Is it true there's nothing to do in Orono?
                  No, there's nothing to do.

You should stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                    No, there's nothing to do.

You should stay home.
                    Conversely, there's tons to do in San Diego

Comment

Conversely, there's tons to do in San Diego
                      Not as much as you think.

And too many people to make anything enjoyable.

Comment

Maine fans act like their program has bit the dust but i think these will be two tough games for MSU. We are still a very young team and many have not played a road game yet. I am sure Maine has a lot of talent and will really step it up this weekend at home since it seems their backs are already against the wall.

Comment

I would expect so too. Even bad teams find a way at home eventually. Look what happened last year at Munn - where the first game against UML was the real indicator of things to come, while the second was probably MSU's best effort all year.

So what am I saying? OK fine! MSU on Friday, Maine on Saturday.
                          Last edited by owslachief; 10-12-2009, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Our program desperataly needs to start out 4-0 (hell, 6-0) just so we can prove to our fanbase that our season isn't over and that we're not bulldozing Munn yet, but I just can't see us sweeping in Orono.

It'll be baptism by fire - our team is too young, and Alfond's a snake pit. It'll be a huge challenge, and Maine will be hungry for redemption after getting completely embarrassed at Union.

That said, I do think we have the talent to right ourselves and split. Black Bears on Friday, Spartans on Saturday.
                            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                            66 - 86 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Alfond was a snake pit. With the poor showings on the ice and the ill treatment of long-time, loyal fans over the past few years, the pythons of yore are more like garden snakes now.
                              Last edited by UncleRay; 10-12-2009, 07:46 PM.
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                              X