This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Really last-minute, but anyone have an extra seat for UMass tomorrow night? Have a friend looking for a ride. My truck's full. Shoot me an email (scottm89@bu.edu).
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Providence tops Notre Dame, 3-2.

See you tuesday.

The teams are ready, so
      lets play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierist View Post
        Providence tops Notre Dame, 3-2.

See you tuesday.

The teams are ready, so
        After losses to UAH and the Friars, Jackson should have ND breathing fire on Tuesday night. But let's focus first on UMass and avoid looking ahead.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          Really last-minute, but anyone have an extra seat for UMass tomorrow night? Have a friend looking for a ride. My truck's full. Shoot me an email (scottm89@bu.edu).
          yeah i need a ride too, i just got screwed out of the one i had.
          time to write new history

Comment

Bob Ryan talking college hockey??

Good article!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Nice catch!
              Also, getting us off the second page.
              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

This Article on NU's Freshman goalie is pretty funny.

Me Nervous? How Could You Tell?
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Well... screwballs.
                  Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                    Well... screwballs.
                    hah this sounds like something butters would say.

in a semi-related story, Captain Flopsalot is back to his old losing ways out at Wisconsin.
                    Last edited by slurpees; 10-16-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                      I had the exact same first thought.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                        I had the exact same first thought.
                        He was certainly my inspiration, assuming it's not a direct quote.
                        Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                          He was certainly my inspiration, assuming it's not a direct quote.
                          is he your accountabilibuddy?

Comment

A few too many defensive breakdowns and laziness in BU's own end tonight. Shattenkirk, Cohen, and Gryba each lost a puck that led to a breakaway or odd-man rush. Millan came up big several times and so did Dainton. (Millan also got lazy on a dinky pass to a defenseman and should have been beat.) BU dominated play for random 3 or 4 minute spurts throughout the game only to inexplicably give UMass super grade A chances. UMass was more opportunistic than anything and probably would have won by two or three if they didn't wiff on a few yawning nets.

That being said, the powerplay was pretty sharp except for that last opportunity late in the third. I really, really liked the Megan-Trivino-Chiasson line... created a lot of chances for themselves- lots of skill there. Bonino was the best player of the ice, I thought. In the second period he went in alone between the right dot and the slot and got stoned but other than that he played great both ways. Nicastro and Escobedo were paired together toward the end of the game and played well.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                              A few too many defensive breakdowns and laziness in BU's own end tonight. Shattenkirk, Cohen, and Gryba each lost a puck that led to a breakaway or odd-man rush. Millan came up big several times and so did Dainton. (Millan also got lazy on a dinky pass to a defenseman and should have been beat.) BU dominated play for random 3 or 4 minute spurts throughout the game only to inexplicably give UMass super grade A chances. UMass was more opportunistic than anything and probably would have won by two or three if they didn't wiff on a few yawning nets.

That being said, the powerplay was pretty sharp except for that last opportunity late in the third. I really, really liked the Megan-Trivino-Chiasson line... created a lot of chances for themselves- lots of skill there. Bonino was the best player of the ice, I thought. In the second period he went in alone between the right dot and the slot and got stoned but other than that he played great both ways. Nicastro and Escobedo were paired together toward the end of the game and played well.
                              that late PP disturbed me more than anything. in crunch-time there were inexplicable mental mistakes, passes to no one, guys running into one another which made for by far the worst PP of the night. the fact that it came in the final minutes while down 1 was something that lingered with me on the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                                A few too many defensive breakdowns and laziness in BU's own end tonight. Shattenkirk, Cohen, and Gryba each lost a puck that led to a breakaway or odd-man rush.
                                To be honest, I was expecting a slow start for this team, but because of the underclassmen and returning players that had to move up to bigger roles in the depth charts. Veteran mistakes are more inexcusable and unexpected, but hopefully simple to correct.
                                Boston University 2009 Champs
                                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Working...
                                X