This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

The DFP live bloggers made a lot of the apparent 17 seconds of extra PP time Merrimack got through a tech glitch which lead to the 4th goal. The bloggers seemed to think that it could/would lead to the outcome of this game being officially challenged.

Has anyone heard about this/think it would actually happen?

I think it'd be kind of ridiculous if it did, but I am curious about how these things work.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sw09 View Post
      The DFP live bloggers made a lot of the apparent 17 seconds of extra PP time Merrimack got through a tech glitch which lead to the 4th goal. The bloggers seemed to think that it could/would lead to the outcome of this game being officially challenged.

Has anyone heard about this/think it would actually happen?

I think it'd be kind of ridiculous if it did, but I am curious about how these things work.

Thanks!
      well escobedo was allowed out of the box early to give rosen a break .... i didn't bother to see how much time was left on his penalty though to figure what time one of the shatty/ccohen would be allowed out.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The penalty you are referring to was at the 20:00 mark of the 2nd period, but did not start til the first BU penalty was over because it was already a 5x3 and thus could not begin til one of the other ones was over. Similar to when MC had to kill off two 5x3s.

Comment

From the perspective inside the arena it was very hard to tell what was going on with any of the penalties (Mostly because of barely-competent or incompetent scoreboard managing). Though I guess you have to give them some kind of break, unless I'm mistaken BU and Mack were both at one time serving four penalties at the same time...
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            these guys need to all see a sports psychologist and learn how to deal with adversity that is inherent in the sport. these games are continuous mental struggles. sthupid penalties, timid offensive play, confusion, no visible leadership. the only guys i saw playing with fire were the young kids in the final 10 minutes of the game
            That's exactly how I felt while witnessing the frustration mount. Mental midgets. Even Millan was frustrated to the point he took a hack at an MC player in the 2nd. I mean, I've NEVER seen that from him. These guys need to learn how to harness that frustration, and make plays. You're down a few goals, ok. But get over it, quit acting like children and get to business.

I don't know what it is, but I want to attribute these poor performances to something missing in the locker room. Well, I guess it's obvious something's missing there...I was sitting behind our bench last night, and when mistakes were made, the bench was silent. No words said from Parker. No words said from the other coaches. No words from said from the "leaders." That cannot happen. Sure there were taps on the shoulders, taps to the helmets, but NO fire whatsoever on that bench (unless directed to benny and his crew). Silent benches lose games.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
              From the perspective inside the arena it was very hard to tell what was going on with any of the penalties (Mostly because of barely-competent or incompetent scoreboard managing). Though I guess you have to give them some kind of break, unless I'm mistaken BU and Mack were both at one time serving four penalties at the same time...
              i've been at rinks where they tack on the time to the guy in the box to make it easy to understand... (0:47 becomes "2:27", for example - pittsburgh's civic arena used to do that) last night i had to hear benny say, "you come out at 4:17!" to a mc skater instead.

it was weird though that esco was allowed to come out at the first whistle in the 3rd and he played a shift while his number and time were still on the clock.

Comment

When was the last time this team scored an even strength goal?
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

I see. So it's going to be one of those kinds of years.

Comment

Former Terrier defenseman Phil vonStefenelli was at the game last night. When BU had 4 d-men in the box, I wanted to ask him if he could suit up for a period and help his alma mater out.

That was just bad bad bad. Nothing went right. Cannot clear a puck to save their lives. Misfires. Not winning faceoffs while on a powerplay. It was painful. And then the frustration started to set in. It wasn't pretty to watch. I'm not sure what the issue is.

I heard that Bonino is definitely playing tonight. I worry about that because I have a feeling this game will be more chippy and I don't want him to hurt himself more. We may also see Rollie in net tonight.

Comment

Welcome to 1998-1999.

Feels like deja vu all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Former Terrier defenseman Phil vonStefenelli was at the game last night. When BU had 4 d-men in the box
                        4 dmen in the box at one time!?!
                        Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                        when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                        "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Sorry if I missed this being said before, but there is a doubleheader at Agganis today. The women are allowed to play under lights :-) at Agganis today at 2 pm vs. Providence. Come and make a day of it.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            When was the last time this team scored an even strength goal?
                            7 even-strength goals in 8 games doesn't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              That was just bad bad bad. Nothing went right. Cannot clear a puck to save their lives. Misfires. Not winning faceoffs while on a powerplay. It was painful. And then the frustration started to set in. It wasn't pretty to watch. I'm not sure what the issue is.
                              Watching them self-destruct last night was far worse than watching them play their tails off but w/o any puck luck (like last Friday). I think there are multiple issues right now that the team needs to work through. I think they're about to turn the corner w/ overcoming the injury bug, but I'm more concerned about guys who were counted on to step up and haven't done so, along with overcoming the mental aspects of this early-season slide.

Comment

Has a team ever gone from 30 wins to 30 losses?

(I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...)

Comment

Working...
                                X