This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

I think we should commit ourselves to having a student section that can sing the fight song by the end of the year...

Other schools know their fight songs, why not us? This has always annoyed me.
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

So I have this poster:

*****http://i200.***********.com/albums/aa37/fitch256/epicphoto.jpg******

I got it from the Dean's Office earlier this year when I stopped by for something and they had one or two laying around. A few people have asked me about it and where they can get it but I have no idea what the answer is. Anyone else have this and know where one can be obtained?
      time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Well what are you waiting for, invite them to join us losers.
        I know at least a few fans who browse this place on a regular basis, but don't post, which is fine. But then they ask me to post questions, links, etc. for them. I don't get it. How hard is it to create an account? Even if you only use it once every three months or something.

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
        So I have this poster:

I got it from the Dean's Office earlier this year when I stopped by for something and they had one or two laying around. A few people have asked me about it and where they can get it but I have no idea what the answer is. Anyone else have this and know where one can be obtained?
        Never seen it before.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

BTW, anyone know what happened to Albertson Clover, eternal optimist? Did he just disappear once his many predictions of BU's downfall didn't come true? I hope he comes back. Someone needs to prognosticate that this team is gonna miss NCAAs.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
            Evidently you can't hear across the rink to 118. I sing 3 times a game. I guess it helped when our freshman class shirt 5 years ago had the fight song on the back; it was the perfect under-jersey garment.
            lets play hockey

Comment

tangentially, i cant stop raging that sportscenter, without football or baseball to show, has the balls to show Arkansas State / UL Monroe highlights from last night in favor of just playing back even some basic highlights from NHL action. this is why I wake up and put on NHL on the Fly on the NHL network.
              lets play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                So I have this poster:

That's actually nicer than the poster they gave out at the game on Saturday.

Comment

I think we should commit ourselves to having a student section that can sing the fight song by the end of the year...

Let me know if you would like my five year old to come over to 118 to teach you guys the words to Go BU. He can be paid in ice cream.

Good news Scott. Glad to hear that everything got worked out.

BU Hockey: Go BU 101
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    BTW, anyone know what happened to Albertson Clover, eternal optimist? Did he just disappear once his many predictions of BU's downfall didn't come true? I hope he comes back. Someone needs to prognosticate that this team is gonna miss NCAAs.
                    He's not an offseason kinda guy, I imagine he'll pop in a few times during the year.
                    Boston University 2009 Champs
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

I was in walter brown arena over the weekend and saw a player practicing on the ice. One of the workers at the arena told me that his name was Greer (i can not remember the first name) But he is 6'3 and 190lb and has a rocket of a right handed shot. The worker said that he is always in the arena practicing. Has anyone else heard anything about this kid?
                      Boston University

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        Let me know if you would like my five year old to come over to 118 to teach you guys the words to Go BU. He can be paid in ice cream.

Good news Scott. Glad to hear that everything got worked out.

BU Hockey: Go BU 101
                        Originally posted by Terrierist View Post
                        Evidently you can't hear across the rink to 118. I sing 3 times a game. I guess it helped when our freshman class shirt 5 years ago had the fight song on the back; it was the perfect under-jersey garment.
                        I'm not saying that the people on this forum... or the people associated with them (children included) don't know Go BU back and forth, I certainly do... but I'm usually the only person in 108 with a clue and I'd guess the number of people even in 118 that are on top of it is below 30, maybe we should just bring back those shirts!

In other news: ND, UM, and UML are all officially standing room only for sports pass at least, looks like attendance will be awesome!
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Great news on the book, Scott. I received mine yesterday and enjoyed the Acknoledgements (at least two regulars on this board mentioned...), Intro, and Photos. Can't wait to start reading the rest.

I agree with Bomber, BU won't be #2 for very long, but that's ok. Perhaps they will surprise us and stay there for a while.

I agree that ESPN is giving no love to the NHL this season. I too am planning on adding the sports package to my AT&T Uverse to be able to catch the highlights (of course the NHL has a kick-*** web site that lets you watch tons).

Just watched the ESPN documentary on the Gretzky trade (first of their "30 for 30" series). Pretty interesting since I didn't follow that closely at the time. I love all the Bruce McNall interviews, and then the note at the end reminding that he served 70 months in the slammer for fraud, etc.. Bottom line: Gretzky was not willing to renegotiate his deal, and Edmonton could not afford to lose his one year later for nothing as a UFA. Somehow that got spun into all sorts of rumors about Janet, and Pocklington was getting death threats.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I'm not saying that the people on this forum... or the people associated with them (children included) don't know Go BU back and forth, I certainly do... but I'm usually the only person in 108 with a clue and I'd guess the number of people even in 118 that are on top of it is below 30, maybe we should just bring back those shirts!
                            Not gonna lie, I barely know past the first verse of Go BU. However, I know every word of Hail To The Victors. But let's be honest, that's A. a much better fight song, and B. a lot easier to remember
                            I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              I agree with Bomber, BU won't be #2 for very long, but that's ok. Perhaps they will surprise us and stay there for a while.

Just watched the ESPN documentary on the Gretzky trade (first of their "30 for 30" series). Pretty interesting since I didn't follow that closely at the time. I love all the Bruce McNall interviews, and then the note at the end reminding that he served 70 months in the slammer for fraud, etc.. Bottom line: Gretzky was not willing to renegotiate his deal, and Edmonton could not afford to lose his one year later for nothing as a UFA. Somehow that got spun into all sorts of rumors about Janet, and Pocklington was getting death threats.
                              An extremely challenging October schedule is likely to drop BU in the rankings, but the tough competition should drive the team to shape up sooner rather than later (i.e., January). Going into second semester with 10-12 wins and playing sound hockey seems a reasonable goal for a relatively young team with just three seniors.

Speaking of The Great One, check out this feature in yesterday's Times. It's about a California private high school whose football team (#5 in USA TODAY's poll) has Joe Montana's kid at QB, backed by Gretzky's son. One of their targets is Will Smith's kid. They must have a special "Papparazzi gate" at the stadium.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 25 N Countin' View Post
                                Not gonna lie, I barely know past the first verse of Go BU. However, I know every word of Hail To The Victors. But let's be honest, that's A. a much better fight song, and B. a lot easier to remember
                                Yeah, I think I also only know the first verse of the BU song, but I know all the words to the alternate version of Hail to the Victors

Comment

Working...
                                X