• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    This is the start of another decade long mulligan for Parker
    824>>818

oh well....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Ahem...um...boys...you are digging an awfully deep hole for yourselves.

I was thinking I would save a trip for the NCAA's, at this point that doesn't seem like a very good strategy.

Would the following please wake up and start playing hockey:

It sounds like Connolly is at least making things happen. But Saponari has had a disappointing start, and the leap we were all hoping for from Trivino does nto appear to be happening.

My biggest concern at this point is that Chiasson will jump ship if this continues, and it appears that he is already the best forward on the team (other than perhaps Bonino).
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Chiasson has been awesome. That's a bright spot.
        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
          Chiasson has been awesome. That's a bright spot.
          for those who can't attend the games...

do any other of the freshman look to be having any impact?

3 goals on 18 shots, maybe it's time that Millan get a night off? or is the D in front of him leaving him out to dry?
          Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
          when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
          "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

How can Millan have a night off when Rollie is hurt?

I don't really see Krause getting a start.

Comment

How can Millan have a night off when Rollie is hurt?

I don't really see Krause getting a start.
              How many people would rather Rollie get the start when he gets healthy, though? I know I'd be up for it.
              GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by BUtiful View Post
                How many people would rather Rollie get the start when he gets healthy, though? I know I'd be up for it.
                We're losing these games by 1 goal, right? All of our losses have been by one goal besides the loss to ND.

It's not goaltending that's the issue, its putting pucks in the net and playing defense.

Comment

Rollie dressed tonight so I assume he is healthy now.

Comment

We're losing these games by 1 goal, right? All of our losses have been by one goal besides the loss to ND.

It's not goaltending that's the issue, its putting pucks in the net and playing defense.
                    gotta agree with you on this... this was my point last season with maine... maine played in 21 games that were decided by one goal or ended up tied, going 6-10-4 in those games and lost another game by two where the second goal in the winning margin was an empty netter... if they win half of the 14 loss/ties and they are all of a sudden a 20 win team last season... it's incredibly frustrating as a fan to watch close loss after close loss... Milan's save percentage is only .89 right now, but you can't really blame him for giving up a 5 on 3 goal like he did today... that's on the team in front of him...

Milan's GAA is not terrible at 2.82 (might be a little high, but not terrible), meanwhile, the team has only scored 14 goals in seven games (2.00/game)... stark contrast to the 20 scored over the first seven games last season (6-1 record) which ballooned to 33 goals in the first nine games (3.66/game)
                    Last edited by gscott13; 11-08-2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Millan has been victimized by some poor defense from guys who should know better. He got good defense on Friday and only gave up one (ignoring the ineptitude of NU's offense for the moment). But when you don't bury chances, you just don't win.

That being said, Rollie should get a start if he's healthy. Millan when at the top of his game will be able to rob some guys, and he's not there yet.
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

thats gotta be one looooooong ride home from Orono on a bus with a less-than-pleased Parker.
                        lets play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierist View Post
                          thats gotta be one looooooong ride home from Orono on a bus with a less-than-pleased Parker.
                          and he should be - mental mistakes cost us this one. it starts with an absolutely boneheaded penalty on shattenkirk in the first period that gave maine the 5 on 3 and subsequent goal(s) and that set the tone for other dumb penalties and lazy play. glass slashes darling when he's holding the puck, gryba doesn't hustle back to even the 2 on 1 and they get the gwg, vinny tries to go around a guy and (i think) headlocks him on his way around - just stupid. right now for us the key is getting the mental side of our game straight, they have to learn to overcome the adversity that comes during the game and play within what they do best. they were forcing play all weekend long trying too hard and not playing team hockey. i really have to question some of the examples set by the leaders on the ice - while shatty has played well, his stupid penalties set the tone for the others on the ice and we've seen one or two follow suit with mindless plays that lead to bad penalties. and goaltending is not the issue whatsoever. what's millan supposed to do on a 2 on 1 when his defender doesn't hustle back and the second forward has a wide open net to shoot on - what's he supposed to do when his captain takes a moronic penalty to force a 5 on 3 and maine has two extra guys hacking at the puck during a scrum and it pops to an open guy on the opposite side of the net who is all alone. i think rollie deserves a few starts only because his skill has earned him playing time, but this isn't the 07-08 team where Floppy McFloperson was letting in softy after softy and no one had confidence that he'd stop a dump-in from the blue line. if anything Millan has to question whether his defense can cover forwards without leaving them alone in front of the net.
                          Last edited by slurpees; 11-09-2009, 01:21 AM.
                          time to write new history

Comment

Re: Rollheiser

Not completely healthy yet, but getting very close. Parker said he's gonna go 100% in every drill in practice this week, and that if he feels good at the end of the week, he could play next weekend.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              Re: Rollheiser

Not completely healthy yet, but getting very close. Parker said he's gonna go 100% in every drill in practice this week, and that if he feels good at the end of the week, he could play next weekend.
                              And Bonino?

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                                And Bonino?
                                Not sure. I'll find out after practice on Wednesday. My personal guess is that he'll miss one more weekend. I'm sure the temptation to get him back ASAP is even greater after this weekend, but Parker's been pretty explicit about making sure his shoulder is 100% before he comes back, not 80% or 90%.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X