X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Warsofsky will likely miss Friday's game - Megan possibly out as well
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

So is Gryba going to play with his shoulder injury?
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        So is Gryba going to play with his shoulder injury?
        Yes. He's been playing with it for two weeks, and he's been going full-contact in practice.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          Warsofsky will likely miss Friday's game - Megan possibly out as well
          Ohhhh crap. I thought he looked like he was walking a little funny after the game on Saturday.

Comment

Minor correction for our friends at the Fan Blog- it's an adductor injury, not an abductor injury. Adductor muscles are in the hip, the abductor muscle is in the foot. (in my best Holiday Inn imitation) I'm not a doctor, but I did Wikipedia it.

P.S. Thanks for linking to so much of our stuff.
            Last edited by Federal League; 11-04-2009, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Minor correction for our friends at the Fan Blog- it's an adductor injury, not an abductor injury. Adductor muscles are in the hip, the abductor muscle is in the foot. (in my best Holiday Inn imitation) I'm not a doctor, but I did Wikipedia it.

P.S. Thanks for linking to so much of our stuff.
              You're welcome and thanks for the heads-up on the typo. But the abductor is nowhere near the foot, unless one has reason to kick oneself in the *****. http://www.changingshape.com/exercise/musclecharts/
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                You're welcome and thanks for the heads-up on the typo. But the abductor is nowhere near the foot, unless one has reason to kick oneself in the *****. http://www.changingshape.com/exercise/musclecharts/
                Well, then I'm talking about whatever the hell this is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abductor_hallucis_muscle

This is why I won't be applying to the School of Medicine.

Comment

Well, then I'm talking about whatever the hell this is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abductor_hallucis_muscle

apparently you stayed at a ramada inn last night.
                  time to write new history

Comment

Actually, neither of you are completely correct. Muscles are abductors or adductors depending on what they do. A muscle abducts if it moves the body part away from the center of your body and adducts if it brings it back to the center. So there are abductors and adductors in the hip, the foot, etc. So your example, the hallucis muscle, moves the toe away from the center of the foot.

Comment

So if an alien brings you home, does that mean you have been adducted?

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
                        http://www.journalismproject.ca/en/c...ges/winner.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          That should been Dan Bertram. All those B's get confusing.
                          Funny you should mention Dan, just came across this:
                          Update on Blackhawks' Prospect Dan Bertram. In the pre-season Dan Bertram, selected in the second round, 54th overall in the 2005 entry draft by the Chicago Blackhawks suffered an injury in a game against the Peoria Rivermen.

At the start of the season he was assigned to the ECHL Toledo Walleyes, the Blackhawks' and IceHogs AA affiliate. Fans soon noticed that he was missing from the Walleye's roster. The AHL transactions had listed him as being added back onto the IceHogs roster on October 12th. According to the IceHogs Director of Communications, Chris Etheridge, "Dan Bertram is pursuing other activities outside of hockey. He is no longer on any team's roster".
                          "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

I'm still looking for extra tickets to the NU game on Friday, if anybody happens to have any extras please email me at quiddlet@gmail.com

Willing to pay for these, of course!
                            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

***!!! page 2

for the DEFENDING TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION TERRIERS!!! (?!?!?!?!)
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post

OK, that was funny as hell...still laughing...

I, like half the rest of the world am looking for 2 tix to the BU/NU game tomorrow night, because we're idiots and didn't get them before we left for our honeymoon... please e-mail me at dancer417@hotmail.com if anyone has access to extras...willing to pay extra!!

Comment

Working...
                                X