X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
    I'm starting to think we can go places this year if our experience D wakes up. I demand videos from this game immediately, really wish I could have been there.
    Not if they continue to give up 36 shots per game.

Who's "Pop's?"

Where's my Beanpot Trot video on YouTube!?

The Battle of Comm Ave documentary was a "C" effort because the producers aren't from around here. I hate to confirm John Powers parochial comment, but there are certain things you need to "live" to "get."

Have fun tonight. I'll be trick or treating with Batman.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Also, constructive criticism for our two blogs:

Last year, I really liked being able to listen to audio of Parker's and some of the player's post-game comments.

This year, I think after the first exhibition game, the DFP blog posted what basically amounted to a transcript of the post-game comments, which I also really liked.

The last few games, neither of these have happened. I really like being able to listen to, or read in full, these comments. If possible, you guys should bring them back!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        They had 4 dmen out for a pk last year. I think they were in the middle of switching lines when the refs said no more. Never seen three d on the pp in 7 years though.
        Haven't seen it at BU, but Lowell's been doing it for two years with Maury Edwards.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          i posted this last night.

they started out with a 3 dman umbrella.. Warso on the rw circle, Colby lw, and Shatty running qb at the top. after a clear they came back and Warso was first in, where he skated in front and looked like a kid trying to hide in the trees . he later circled back to the rw circle and they rotated to get Colby done under the line where he pocketed the shot from the lw circle.

i posted i couldn't remember the last time BU played 3 dmen on a PP. nobody answered if they could recall or not.
          Last time I recall seeing BU using a 3 d-men on the PP in the umbrella was in the "Few Good Men" 1996-97 season. IIRC, Jon Coleman, Chris Kelleher, Tom Poti played on the PP together quite often in the first part of that season.

Comment

Last year, I really liked being able to listen to audio of Parker's and some of the player's post-game comments.

This year, I think after the first exhibition game, the DFP blog posted what basically amounted to a transcript of the post-game comments, which I also really liked.

The last few games, neither of these have happened. I really like being able to listen to, or read in full, these comments. If possible, you guys should bring them back!
            We're working on it. Trust me, you're not the first person to request (or in some cases, demand) that the transcripts be brought back. It's just a really tedious and time-consuming process, and that's why we've gotten away from it. I, for one, am on your side. Whether we transcribe or post audio, I want to get all the postgame comments back up on the blog. But it's way too much work for one person, so perhaps more feedback like this will convince my peers to get back on board with the idea.

Edit: Just wanted to add that if anyone else has any feedback on things they'd like to see changed either on the blog or in our coverage in general, please let us know, whether it's on here or by commenting on the blog or whatever. We want the blog to be very interactive, so we definitely welcome any and all feedback.
            Last edited by Federal League; 10-31-2009, 03:50 PM.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Where's my Beanpot Trot video on YouTube!?
              I'll work on that.

There was audio of Parker and player's post-game for the game against Michigan on the Terrier Hockey Fan Blog. (http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...higan-3-2.html) It should be up for most home games.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                Haven't seen it at BU, but Lowell's been doing it for two years with Maury Edwards.
                that dude ripped one off from the same spot Colby scored the gwg... WOW!! i admit i have old eyes, but am usually able to follow the puck. he let one go and as i was moving my eyes toward the goal to see it, the puck was already over the net and around the board to the rw circle.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

finally saw the Beanpot Trot.

I think this officially tips the scales of the rivalry toward BU for the rest of eternity. How can anyone possibly root for a school that would allow such a monstrosity?

And I love that we beat them in the Beanpot and HE title game after that song. do it again, Eagles!
                  Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    that dude ripped one off from the same spot Colby scored the gwg... WOW!! i admit i have old eyes, but am usually able to follow the puck. he let one go and as i was moving my eyes toward the goal to see it, the puck was already over the net and around the board to the rw circle.
                    maury edwards has the hardest shot in college hockey for sure. i've been around this game since the mid-90s and never seen anyone that can shoot it as hard as moe. kevin sneddon once said he might shoot it harder than anyone alive.

Comment

Okay Bomber, here you go:

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EC2cs88XK1g&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EC2cs88XK1g&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

That video is hilarious.
                        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Wow....just.....I do not even know what else to say about that video

Comment

I don't understand why Courtnall is not in the lineup again tonight? Does anyone have inside insight? I think he is big, physical, fast, and skates really well. I think he brings more to the table than some of the other third and fourth line guys.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
                              I don't understand why Courtnall is not in the lineup again tonight? Does anyone have inside insight? I think he is big, physical, fast, and skates really well. I think he brings more to the table than some of the other third and fourth line guys.
                              No idea. Something they must see in practice?
                              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

So, chalk this one up to poor defensive effort? Or were the refs conspiring against us?

Comment

Working...
                                X