X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    That was good.

Also, I had never heard of the "Beanpot Trot". Hahahahahahaha.
    Remind me to tell you about the version my friend and I wrote. It was much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Remind me to tell you about the version my friend and I wrote. It was much better.
      scottm89@bu.edu - Let's hear it.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

scottm89@bu.edu - Let's hear it.
        I need to find it. It was a long time ago!

Comment

not too bad.. not too bad at all.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Anyone know why All-Access wants me to pay another 8 bucks for a "license" for this game - I just paid the 10 bucks for the monthly access. Grrrrrr.
            If you paid the add'l $8 for a game license for BU-Michigan after signing up for monthly or yearly service, please contact BU SID Brian Kelley at bkelley@bu.edu. BU did not know that CSTV was making this a separate PPV game and wants to have those like defkit who paid twice to get a refund. Thanks.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              If you paid the add'l $8 for a game license for BU-Michigan after signing up for monthly or yearly service, please contact BU SID Brian Kelley at bkelley@bu.edu. BU did not know that CSTV was making this a separate PPV game and wants to have those like defkit who paid twice to get a refund. Thanks.
              CSTV tries to run a scam whenever they can. Kudos to BU for taking care of it.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

I think you might like the new feature on the left side of the blog.

I too have a little something-something that will be making the trip to Lowell and an appearance at HAA this weekend.
                lets play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  not too bad.. not too bad at all.
                  But not as good as it could have been. It was a lot of the same stuff we've seen before. I was looking for more.......something. The trailer that was released a while back was cooler. It seemed kind of BU-focused (not that I mind ) so I'm curious as to what the BC fans will have to say. They should be airing this prior to the first BU-BC game. When does it air?

Comment

But not as good as it could have been. It was a lot of the same stuff we've seen before. I was looking for more.......something. The trailer that was released a while back was cooler. It seemed kind of BU-focused (not that I mind ) so I'm curious as to what the BC fans will have to say. They should be airing this prior to the first BU-BC game. When does it air?
                    Some of the storylines definitely intertwined with the History of the Beanpot film and the Hockey East 25th Anniversary film, but I feel like that was necessary. Obviously the Beanpot and Hockey East titles are gonna be a major focus of a BU-BC film, so it's gonna be nearly impossible not to repeat some stuff. I'm pretty sure all the interview footage was new, though. Maybe it's just because I haven't been around as long and haven't seen as much over the years as most of you, but I thought it was great. I knew next to nothing about Harry Cleverly, Snooks Kelley, Jack Kelley or Len Ceglarski before watching this, so that was especially interesting for me.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Oh, and the York-visits-the-Kelleher-house story.

Comment

toward the end of nov (25th?) on nesn... then in the spring on espn?

again... i want to buy all the BU games in the nesn library. the fact that they have this footage and i can't buy it to watch on a night like this is idiotic. (and i'd also buy an hour of hazel mae footage of her don't absolutely nothing -- so maybe i'm not the best gauge of demand)

one more... why did they bother calling you and other fans (bomber)? there were no 'fan footage' or fan stories. not the finished product. not on the cutting room floor. i was expecting something after y'all mentioned this earlier.

Comment

Some of the storylines definitely intertwined with the History of the Beanpot film and the Hockey East 25th Anniversary film, but I feel like that was necessary. Obviously the Beanpot and Hockey East titles are gonna be a major focus of a BU-BC film, so it's gonna be nearly impossible not to repeat some stuff. I'm pretty sure all the interview footage was new, though. Maybe it's just because I haven't been around as long and haven't seen as much over the years as most of you, but I thought it was great. I knew next to nothing about Harry Cleverly, Snooks Kelley, Jack Kelley or Len Ceglarski before watching this, so that was especially interesting for me.
                          do you have bernie's book on BU Hockey? mostly pictures and quick stories about the players. but it hits dang near everyone to have worn a scarlet and white sweater.

you then no doubt missed the mike milbury half-a-month . you would have loved that! he was all over the paper crying how cedorchuk brought in too many players that were promised money and he was stuck telling guys they didn't have any scholarships for them. he embarrassed himself, in my opinion.. but it was bc, so it was a bonus.

...of course that just brought Jerry in , and then shortly later, no more "NINE-TEEN FORTY-NINE!"

Comment

do you have bernie's book on BU Hockey?
                            Nope, but it definitely just got added to my Christmas list (I definitely don't have $34 to spare right now).

you then no doubt missed the mike milbury half-a-month . you would have loved that! he was all over the paper crying how cedorchuk brought in too many players that were promised money and he was stuck telling guys they didn't have any scholarships for them. he embarrassed himself, in my opinion.. but it was bc, so it was a bonus.
                            I can only imagine. After watching him on NESN, watching old Bruins footage, and getting the chance to meet him, I can't imagine Milbury ever biting his tongue.

Comment

Nope, but it definitely just got added to my Christmas list (I definitely don't have $34 to spare right now)..

19.95 -- i think i got it at the BU bookstore on the shelves, first floor, to the left of the escalator. (i see the $34 on amazon... thieves!! )

among all the pix, there is a neat one on page 6 of Parker on a breakaway against Ken Dryden.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown6 View Post
                                Can someone help me out with how Yale gained a first place vote this week?

(yes, poles are subjective, flawed, awful and misleading... I'm just curious as to thoughts on how someone could go "hmmmm, Yale is the best team in the nation this week because _________" )
                                Uhmmm . . . because they're undefeated?

Odd that this early in the season all the expected stud teams have been kissed at least once. This could be a funny year.

Comment

Working...
                                X