X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Originally posted by ItsBUsBeanpot View Post
    I was there! Garbage goal, but I was glad to see it. Prior to scoring the goal he looked very timid out there, but afterward he looked much more confident and much more like the Colin Wilson we got used to last year. It was good to see.
    Garbage goal, that was the direct result of Wilson using his size in the defensive zone to cause a turn over......the rest was history

Comment

I was there! Garbage goal, but I was glad to see it. Prior to scoring the goal he looked very timid out there, but afterward he looked much more confident and much more like the Colin Wilson we got used to last year. It was good to see.
      I was also at the game and it was clear to me that Wilson's groin is still troubling him. There were a couple times where he was able to skate at full speed through center ice and he wasn't fully pushing off both legs.

Comment

Originally posted by new2bu View Post
        Garbage goal, that was the direct result of Wilson using his size in the defensive zone to cause a turn over......the rest was history
        If you know hockey, you know there's nothing wrong with a "garbage" goal and that that wasn't meant in a negative manner, just as a description of the goal (knocking in a loose puck in the crease area, pretty much).
        It's BU's Beanpot

Comment

Originally posted by new2bu View Post
          A bit thin skinned, eh?
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

If you know hockey, you know there's nothing wrong with a "garbage" goal and that that wasn't meant in a negative manner, just as a description of the goal (knocking in a loose puck in the crease area, pretty much).
            It's a description of exactly the kind of goal we need to get better at scoring this year...

Or is that just any goal?
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Any
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Any
                Preferrably not in our own net, however.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  Preferrably not in our own net, however.
                  Ugh. You had to bring it up. 06-07 flashbacks, leave us be!
                  Boston University 2009 Champs
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Doc Emrick on the BU-BC Rivalry

With a nice shout out to the BU band and WBA's great atmosphere.

Someone dial up that box score from 2004. I feel like I should remember this game, but don't. Perhaps I missed it.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Doc Emrick on the BU-BC Rivalry

With a nice shout out to the BU band and WBA's great atmosphere.

Someone dial up that box score from 2004. I feel like I should remember this game, but don't. Perhaps I missed it.
                      Article
                      Boxscore

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        I think you have the wrong game - that was BU-Michigan in the season opening tournament in Ohio.

This is the game:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alSva...er_profilepage
                        http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20041...me=bu&gender=m
                        This one is special to me since it was my first BU hockey game.
                        time to write new history

Comment

Video highlights of Jack's 700th win
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alSvaF1hpqs
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Some random thoughts after catching the game on ESPNU.

- Bomber - you are not the only one who has matched last years loss total (see #31). Perhaps someone has mentioned this already.

- This team will get better, but offensively, they sure have lost a lot. Me thinks we are truly feeling the effect of the Zach and Luke forward recruiting class right now (Kane"itis"). It helps when your seasoned seniors are also your scoring contributors.

- Nicastro looked very impressive to me.

- The first goal was a major deflection. Can't pin that one on Kieran. The team then fell asleep for a little while.

- Knowing Parker, he will not hesitate to give the freshmen an opportunity to move up the line chart. I hope we see the Zach Cohen magic from last year, but Parker won't gie him 10 games to get it together. Too many other guys that want a chance.

- Why do we always suck at faceoffs? I mean for decades we have been the weak faceoff team. It's always been a big deal when we actually get a good faceoff artist, because it goes against our normal approach.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I won't lie to you defkit. Since I started watching BU Hockey I have always wondered why we are so bad on faceoffs.

Colin Wilson was ok with us, now he's in the NHL and he's 50-50. In the NHL!

Seems a bit odd, right?
                              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                S
                                - Why do we always suck at faceoffs? I mean for decades we have been the weak faceoff team. It's always been a big deal when we actually get a good faceoff artist, because it goes against our normal approach.
                                As someone who has griped about faceoffs for years, I agree--nearly completely. Last season was an exception. Even in some games when BU was losing faceoffs early in a game, the team got it done in the third period.

## FACEOFFS GP W L Pct
                                --------------------------------------------
                                14 Glass, Andrew 15 2 0 1.000
                                18 Yip, Brandon 45 19 14 .576
                                33 Wilson, Colin 43 418 341 .551
                                26 Popko, Luke 45 304 264 .535
                                13 Bonino, Nick 44 373 362 .507
                                25 Cohen, Colby 43 2 2 .500
                                10 Higgins, Chris 42 21 23 .477
                                9 Trivino, Corey 32 120 134 .472
                                15 McCarthy, John 45 33 39 .458
                                12 Connolly, Chris 45 83 116 .417