X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union at St. Cloud (10/16, 10/17) - Never Won vs. Never Been

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Yeah, when it comes to business and industry, not education. Try the US News and World Report rankings, which are more often referenced in these situations.

Just ignore my observation about Michigan's ranking if it makes you feel better. We're #26! We're #26!

No, actually, they didn't teach name-calling as part of the civil engineering or business management curriculum at RPI. Is it a class at Union?

*****http://i256.***********.com/albums/hh165/reddcloudd/originalvmpbl-1.jpg******
    This is fun. I can post pictures too!

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com...2870251417.jpg
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post

Oops.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

See the obsession these clowns have with my school? It's borderline Gopherish. They crow about beating a team that's gotten about 10 wins a year for the last couple seasons, and then demand respect. The funny thing is, the only people that respect them are... themselves. The echo chamber's really gotten to UnionHockeyDimbulb.

Hey, UHD, you guys still failing to sell out the smallest rink in the lowly ECAC on a regular basis? kthxbai

This is awesome! Not only am I making you look like an idiot, but you are making yourself look like an idiot! "UnionHockeyDimbulb." Keep up the good work!

By the way, Hobey Baker Rink is the smallest in the ECAC. "kthxbai"

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          This is hilarious. A fan of Union (which is supposed to be a school for smart people) is trying to outwit and talk down to the fans of SCSU (which is basically a community college)......and he's losing. That's so sad.

Glad I stocked up on popcorn this week.
          Are you going to share some of that popcorn? This is way too fun.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

By the way, Hobey Baker Rink is the smallest in the ECAC. "kthxbai"
            Ooh, wow, you're right by like 100 seats! Nice evasion. So are you going to answer the question or not? I mean, how hard is it to sell 2,225 tickets to every game?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              This is really getting good.
              Yeah, kind of entertaining. Nice change of pace from the Tommyboy vs. FTLT arguements

Who knew a SCSU/Union matchup would turn into RPI/Union ****ing match.

How does Union fair on olympic ice? Was the Maine matchup on olympic ice? I read on the USCHO Season preview that Union has a young/green D corp. If true that could be a big SCSU advantage on the larger ice sheet.
              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Ooh, wow, you're right by like 100 seats! Nice evasion. So are you going to answer the question or not? I mean, how hard is it to sell 2,225 tickets to every game?
                I see no need to answer someone who can't even get his facts straight. You were wrong. Idiot.

Anyway, to make you happy, (and because I'm starting to feel bad for you) I'll give you an answer. We are near capacity for most games but we sell out plenty of games too. When the hockey rink has more seats than our student body, it's not easy to sell out every single game. I don't how that is relevant to us kicking your *** every year in recent memory though.

EDIT: I have to go to class. I look forward to more fun when I return.
                Last edited by UnionHockeyManiac; 10-13-2009, 11:52 AM.

Comment

*****http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/GAH.gif******
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                    Who knew a SCSU/Union matchup would turn into RPI/Union ****ing match.
                    It was inevitable once the child found out I was an RPI grad. Major inferiority complex going on.

How does Union fair on olympic ice? Was the Maine matchup on olympic ice?
                    Since, contrary to popular belief, I prefer to talk actual hockey with people who aren't just interested in puffing out their chests, I did some research on this one.

The Maine matchup was in Schenectahole, which has NHL sized ice.

The Dutch don't appear to have played on a large ice surface since the 2005-06 season, when they played at Colorado College in the Icebreaker (lost 6-1 to CC and 9-2 to Air Force) and at Minnesota in the Mariucci Classic (lost 8-0 to the Gophers and beat almighty Canisius 2-0).

EDIT: I missed one. They played at UMass in 2007-08, losing 5-2.

I read on the USCHO Season preview that Union has a young/green D corp. If true that could be a big SCSU advantage on the larger ice sheet.
                    It's true, and it's usually accurate too.
                    Last edited by Red Cloud; 10-13-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Re: Union at St. Cloud (10/16, 10/17) - Never Won vs. Never Been

Union sold out two games last year. Three others had attendance of 2000+. That isn't selling out plenty nor is it near capacity for most games.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I see no need to answer someone who can't even get his facts straight. You were wrong. Idiot.
                        This is the funniest thing you've posted yet. I was wrong (barely), so the whole question is invalid. Can you answer test questions like that at Union?

We are near capacity for most games but we sell out plenty of games too. When the hockey rink has more seats than our student body, it's not easy to sell out every single game.
                        OK, so no one cares about Union but Union students. Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't how that is relevant to us kicking your *** every year in recent memory though.
                        That's OK, I don't see how this is relevant to this thread.

EDIT: I have to go to class. I look forward to more fun when I return.
                        Trust me, the fun stops every time you leave. Who are we going to laugh at until you get back?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Union sold out two games last year.
                          Ooh, ooh! Were they Cornell and RPI?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                            This is really getting good.
                            ...you got that right....a Union/SCSU thread started by an RPI grad who did his graduate work at SCSU....I hope the Union-RPI match up is as entertaining this year. The only thing that can screw it up are the refs!
                            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Ooh, ooh! Were they Cornell and RPI?
                              Oopsy! Union sold out one game last year. My mistake. So one sell out and five games over 2000. Impressive!
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                                ...you got that right....a Union/SCSU thread started by an RPI grad who did his graduate work at SCSU....I hope the Union-RPI match up is as entertaining this year. The only thing that can screw it up are the refs!
                                ECAC officials are very good at urinating in the punch bowl and ruining the party.
                                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X