This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union at St. Cloud (10/16, 10/17) - Never Won vs. Never Been

Here's another basic question: what is Union's school mascot? Looking at a team that has accomplished absolutely zero, I feel like I need to learn more.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUtillIdie View Post
      Congrats on being the biggest D-Bag I have ever met online, and yes that's an accomplishment

I am surprised you found time to this much research between your rounds of golf and young republicans meetings
      In response to your first statement: I truly appreciate that. Thank you.

As for your your second statement...I know ten minutes may seem like a lot of research for the average St. Cloud student but for me, it was really not a problem. Also, I do not play golf, nor am I anything close to a republican. I have been a Democrat my entire life, as has my entire family. Good call though.
      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
        wait wait wait... if we're going to get into some sort of ego match here. Let me ask you this. How many Union College players have won the stanley cup?How many currently play in the NHL? We're talking hockey here jerk! Sheesh comparing private schools to state schools is like comparing subway to caviar. They both will fill you up but one cost a heck of a lot less to do it. Just because we don't have daddies money to help us pay the astounding fees that your school charges(and the fact we're not legacies) doesn't mean we're somehow lower than you. Upstate New York is as cold and desolate as the midwest and you can thank St Cloud for that electrolux(or kenmore) fridge in your house, Granite counter tops, and Macgyver! You east coast pompous WASP! We're the FREAKING STATE OF HOCKEY! Minnesota consistently Ranks higher than most of the east cost for standard of living. We have 3m, The mayo clinic, IBM, Target, and Best buy. More uncorrupted natural beauty than anything out east has. UNION PLAYERS WISH THEY COULD BE IN THE WCHA!
        I actually only wanted to talk about hockey. Then Red Cloud brought up some stuff about math majors and someone else mentioned McDonalds so I had to defend myself and my school. I know Union does not have a rich history for hockey. I just wanted to make the point that our program is turning a corner. I felt like we were being overlooked and I wanted to come here to inform some people.

Dear St. Cloud, Thank you for my refrigerator and counter top. Those are some accomplishments to be proud of. In all seriousness though, I have been to Minneapolis three times and I thought it was a great city. I even went in the middle of February when the wind chill was -35 and I still managed to have a good time.

As for you calling me a WASP? I find that pretty funny considering I'm a Jew raised in and around NYC my entire life. I just came upstate to go to Union.

Comment

Comparing Minneapolis to St. Cloud is like comparing a watermelon to a kiwi. Other than the fact that you'd find both in the produce aisle, they have very little in common.

St. Cloud is the biggest "little city" in the state. It's actually the 8th biggest city in Minnesota behind Minneapolis, St. Paul (capital), Rochester (Mayo Clinic), Duluth (huge harbor on the Great Lakes), Bloomington (Mall of America), Plymouth, and Brooklyn Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            Well, we're called "The Granite City." We supply a lot of granite to suppliers around the country...manufacturing things such as counter tops and tile and such. Since we're playing the "knowledge is power" game, I have some questions for you.

1. What city is Union in? For that matter...what STATE is it in?
            2. Is it Union University? Union College? Just "Union?" If you are Union University, do you just go by UU?
            3. Exactly what makes you think being a top 5 team in the ECAC makes Union relevant? That just means you're in a conference...one notch higher on the totem pole than UAH.

Except he went to RPI...making him smarter than anyone else in this thread. The witty "future employees" retort doesn't work there.
            Again, next time I meet someone from St. Cloud, I will be sure to thank them for my counter top. I had no idea they were so good in the counter top business. Now I know.

To answer your questions...

1. Union is in Schenectady, NY.
            2. Union College.
            3. Being top five in the powerful ECAC is an accomplishment for a young program like Union. Again, we have three teams in the top ten in the nation in our division so to play them and to occasionally beat them is great.

You could have easily figured out the answers by yourself by using a nifty site called google.

As for Red Cloud, I have my own thoughts on RPI that I will not share in this thread. As for Forbes' thoughts on RPI, they rank them to be just inside the top 500 at #499, 100 spots ahead of St. Cloud. Nice! You're right...He's a genius.

I knew there was a reason I didn't like him though.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
              You could have easily figured out the answers by yourself by using a nifty site called google.
              Are you some kind of moron? You asked the very same asinine questions.

While I remain on the topic of your school, I’d like to inquire: Is there any purpose or significance to St. Cloud, Minnesota? Aside from that amazing hydroelectric dam, which can produce a whopping 9 megawatts of electricity, does your city, or your “flyover” Midwestern state in general contribute anything besides arctic wind currents to the rest of the country? That being said, why don’t you and your blue collar, public school idiots come down here to civilization and back up your **** with substance.
              Google that, slapnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                Here is something you need to learn about how colleges make money. Yes we let in a lot of dumb rednecks from the surrounding area, but we let them come here and pay to take basically high school level classes that do not count towards the credits needed to graduate (and maybe GPA..not sure) before they can take real college classes. See this way we only have to pay around $9000 per year vs your what 45-50k?

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                Also ya you have 3 teams in the "top ten" last year, but there are things wrong with this as proving strength also. First, the polls don't really mean anything. Second, last year was one of the worst years in a long time for the WCHA and yet we still had 3 of the "top ten" teams in the country beating your 5th 9th and tenth with 4th 7th and 8th.

So do you want to keep looking at polls to show your weak conferences "strength." oh ya for got to add if were going by polls the WCHA also had the 17th and 19th ranked teams, making a weak year for the WCHA have 5 of the top twenty teams in the country.
                Not once did I argue that the ECAC was a better league than the WCHA. I just made the claim that we are not a weak league by any standards and I will continue to stand by that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
                  I will so be right there with you.
                  *****http://anuragbhatia.com/wp-content/uploads/thumbs-up.jpg******

Comment

Here's another basic question: what is Union's school mascot? Looking at a team that has accomplished absolutely zero, I feel like I need to learn more.
                    Union College Dutchmen.

I am happy to continue to answer any and all questions about Union, the 26th ranked school in the nation. When you figure out how to use google though, just let me know. That's a pretty good place to go when you have questions.

Comment

Union College Dutchmen.

I am happy to continue to answer any and all questions about Union, the 26th ranked school in the nation. When you figure out how to use google though, just let me know. That's a pretty good place to go when you have questions.
                      That's very cute, smart guy. You think you can keep up with me when it comes to talking smack. Speaking of Google, maybe you should check this link out.

Comment

Are you some kind of moron? You asked the very same asinine questions.

Google that, slapnuts.
                        Ah, you must be referring to this question I asked: "Is there any purpose or significance to St. Cloud, Minnesota?"

This is what we call a rhetorical question. A rhetorical question is "a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply." If you'd like me to explain why this is a rhetorical question or what effect I meant to produce by asking this, I would be more than happy to.

Comment

Ah, you must be referring to this question I asked: "Is there any purpose or significance to St. Cloud, Minnesota?"

This is what we call a rhetorical question. A rhetorical question is "a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply." If you'd like me to explain why this is a rhetorical question or what effect I meant to produce by asking this, I would be more than happy to.
                          I was an English minor, junior. Go use your supposed "big words" on your anime boards or whatever else you do in your spare time.

St. Cloud sweeps.

Comment

That's very cute, smart guy. You think you can keep up with me when it comes to talking smack. Speaking of Google, maybe you should check this link out.
                            I'll admit, that's a good one. "You think you can keep up with me when it comes to talking smack." I laughed out loud a little bit. Ok, Ok! I give up, please don't out-smack talk me anymore!!

On a side note, I'm very happy to see that the activity in this thread has jumped. Good discussion in here. I look forward to an exciting weekend of hockey.

I'm going to bed. When I wake up, I expect to see at least five responses from some more St. Cloud fans. Don't disappoint me!

Comment

I was an English minor, junior. Go use your supposed "big words" on your anime boards or whatever else you do in your spare time.

St. Cloud sweeps.
                              Where were you an English minor? St. Cloud? That would explain why you may think "rhetorical" is a big word that is somewhat hard to understand.

Again, you sure know how to "smack talk!" That whole "go use your supposed big words on your anime boards" was a killer! Make it stop! In my spare time, I like to do some things other than compile over 30,000 posts on a message board. Good night.

By the way, is the "St. Cloud sweeps" statement a fact or an opinion? What if they don't sweep??

Comment

Why can't Rabib be around just this one time? That would be fun.
                                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X