X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union at St. Cloud (10/16, 10/17) - Never Won vs. Never Been

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Ralph, I know where you're coming from - in fact, I started off with something similar.

Here's the first paragraph - consider this the teaser trailer.
    I need more!!!
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post

Solid job posting the picture I just posted. Good work!
      You posted a link to a picture. See...there's a way to actually post images instead of links.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I need more ______________!!!
        It's time for UnionHockeyManiac mad libs. You fill in the blank.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          I thought UHM already stated that the highlight of Union Hockey History is keeping it close with Notre Dame last season.
          Nope.

In the Shillelagh Tournament you are referring to, we were leading arguably the best team in the nation at the end of the first period and played competitively for the rest of the game. Then we did our job by beating UMass-Lowell. You can't fault us for that performance.

Comment

Two! Two Union hockey fans! Ha! Ha! Ha!
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Ecacobserver
              Boy you St. Cloud people are either not working or burger king installed computers. Its a Hockey game where two teams haven't met yet and St, Clooud is afraid of losing to Union College. Union just beat a Maine team that is rebuilding, with that being said beat them handily, Union doesnt have scholly but still they have put a strong product on the ice this season. They are no pushovers and to me you st cloud fans are petrified by the thought of losing to miami then union. Boy would that put a damper on the season!!

My thoughts are Union will win both games in a close battle, st cloud is still searching for the #1 goalie to step up and are short handed on scoring! Union has some forwards that can fly, both simpson and the yanovitch kid where very impressive with there speed the other night against maine , the freshman welsh can put the puck in the net, the line of trabbuco, walters and prez are as good as any line in college hockey, the goaltending is stella,, d is young but talented. Union 4-3 and 5-3. Union very talented and St cloud should be as afraid as there fans are!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              This first post is amazing on so many levels.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                This first post is amazing on so many levels.

My favorite part is St, Clooud.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Boy you St. Cloud people are either not working or burger king installed computers. Its a Hockey game where two teams haven't met yet and St, Clooud is afraid of losing to Union College. Union just beat a Maine team that is rebuilding, with that being said beat them handily, Union doesnt have scholly but still they have put a strong product on the ice this season. They are no pushovers and to me you st cloud fans are petrified by the thought of losing to miami then union. Boy would that put a damper on the season!!

My thoughts are Union will win both games in a close battle, st cloud is still searching for the #1 goalie to step up and are short handed on scoring! Union has some forwards that can fly, both simpson and the yanovitch kid where very impressive with there speed the other night against maine , the freshman welsh can put the puck in the net, the line of trabbuco, walters and prez are as good as any line in college hockey, the goaltending is stella,, d is young but talented. Union 4-3 and 5-3. Union very talented and St cloud should be as afraid as there fans are!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I agree with Jon. I think this one's good enough to get a post of the year nomination.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    St, Clooud > Brom > {PROVICED > UHN > Clogate
                    Last edited by Jon; 10-14-2009, 01:57 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

No way, its all about...

the goaltending is stella,,
                      Just incredible.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I smell a new meme.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

On the other hand, here's a shining example of the education UHM has been crowing about.

Union College everyone!
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Nice work you should fit in well.

Please keep posting.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              My point was you said people with a lot of posts have no lives. And yet you're responding to anyone and everyone, which has gone beyond SCSU fans and WCHA fans now, who are just trying to rile you up, which would imply you don't have a TON to do either.

If nobody else wants to step up and defend you, even other Union or other EZAC fans, that might be a clue as to your credibility.

So I'm offering you an out... talk some hockey. Answer any or all of the following: what're your goalie(s)'s strengths and weaknesses? How do you feel about your PP and PK? Who're your goal-scorers we should look out for? Anyone prone to making mistakes at the absolute wrong time? You may not know this because they don't go there often, but thoughts on them playing on Olympic ice? Anything else?

Honestly, I'll respond to any questions you have for us... but I have a feeling you might not wanna know/care, and I KNOW most of the people reading this thread sure don't want us to sit down and talk hockey.
                              OK, fair enough. I have wasted a ton of time posting in this thread. I agree with you there. However, I am doing this once and the people I am referring to have done stuff like this for ten straight years, accumulating 30,000+ posts (100,000 in Ralph's case).

To answer your questions, I'm not even sure who will start in goal for us this weekend. Corey (Milan) started both games for us in our sweep of Maine but we have a young Freshman, Keith Kinkaid, who we are expecting a lot from this year. As I said before, Keith has not played for us yet this year but e was the North American Hockey League's most valuable player last year for the St. Louis Bandits. Kinkaid was 30-5 with a 0.78 goals-against average last year. Milan is very quick in goal but I have found that he is actually better if there are more shots on net. He can sometimes become unfocused but he has been very, very reliable for us.

Our PP needs some work (although it looked good against Maine) despite the fact that I am confident in our forwards. We are led by Trabucco and Presizniuk and Simpon(s) on offense and Schreiber, Wakita, and Matheson on D. I don't want to be too optimistic but towards the end of last season and at the beginning of this season, our PK has been tough as nails.

As for your olympic ice question, I really don't know. I think Red Cloud brought it up earlier in the thread when he said that we have had very few chances to play on olympic ice over the years. The last time we played on olympic ice we were a completely different team so I don't know what to expect this weekend in that regard.

Comment

I found the part where this guy lost all credibility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X