Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

Actually, I'm hoping EVERYONE pays attention to how few games RPI has won in the last couple of years, since previous seasons are the best indicator of how a team is going to be this year. UNH was a fluke.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Actually, I'm hoping EVERYONE pays attention to how few games RPI has won in the last couple of years, since previous seasons are the best indicator of how a team is going to be this year. UNH was a fluke.
      Sounds good to me.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nice article in today's News Miner about the Brice. I'm posting from my phone so I don't have a link, but go to newsminer.com and you'll see it in the sports area.

Birdman, travel safe. I doubt we'll head up there this weekend; had to go to Texas this past weekend (missed the Kendall) and don't really feel like paying for a dogsitter again on short notice. Go 'Nooks!

For any other Anchorage folks, I think the tourney is televised on GCI.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          Nice article in today's News Miner about the Brice. I'm posting from my phone so I don't have a link, but go to newsminer.com and you'll see it in the sports area.

Birdman, travel safe. I doubt we'll head up there this weekend; had to go to Texas this past weekend (missed the Kendall) and don't really feel like paying for a dogsitter again on short notice. Go 'Nooks!

This?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It is, it will be on channel 1. I went to the GCI website, but they don't show it being offered online. The next webcast scheduled is the North Dakota series. Not sure what is up with that.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Correct.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Welcome to Fairbanks RPI and RMU. I hope you find us gracious hosts around town but not on the ice. We hope to give you hard fought, well played games, and expect nothing less from you. We will not take you lightly. If you beat us it will be well deserved. We have no reason or tendency to be cocky. We’ll leave that to others.

You visit us in the warmest October I can remember in my 45+ years in Alaska. It is not uncommon to have a foot of snow and drop to -10 degrees this time of year. My drive back from Anchorage from this past weekend’s Kendall Tourney was unusually nice, for many reasons. Any drive out of Anchorage is always nice, but it was near 60 degrees much of the trip.

I’ll leave you with a shot of my trip North along the Glenn Highway, back to God’s country, and best wishes for strong showings in the early games.
                Go Nooks!
                *****http://mmf.smugmug.com/photos/680162083_gwpJq-L.jpg******

Comment

If there's no universe destroying polar bear to be found, I would call this a failed road trip.
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

This may sound odd, but it's true - I was heavily considering going to Fairbanks to check this series out, but I found it much cheaper to go watch a Yankees playoff game this weekend.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

RPI preview in today's News Miner: http://www.newsminer.com/news/2009/o...nters-big-ice/

Comment

The UAA blog predicts a UAA 6-1 win, referring RPI will be the equal of Mercyhurst. I think RPI is much more talented than Mercyhurst and will give UAA and the nanooks all they can handle and more. Growing up in Cohoes N.Y. I have gone to many RPI games and they are bringing two of the top ten recriuting classes of the last two years in the nation. Should be exciting hockey, and I hope to see some RPI fans in Faibanks, I will be pulling for them against the seapuppies.

Comment

Thanks for the link.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                            The UAA blog predicts a UAA 6-1 win, referring RPI will be the equal of Mercyhurst. I think RPI is much more talented than Mercyhurst and will give UAA and the nanooks all they can handle and more. Growing up in Cohoes N.Y. I have gone to many RPI games and they are bringing two of the top ten recriuting classes of the last two years in the nation. Should be exciting hockey, and I hope to see some RPI fans in Faibanks, I will be pulling for them against the seapuppies.
                            http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2009/10/w...ensselaer.html

It's hard to tell which parts are meant to be satire, and which parts are just poor research, so I will shut up.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2009/10/w...ensselaer.html

It's hard to tell which parts are meant to be satire, and which parts are just poor research, so I will shut up.
                              I thought it was pretty funny. If these games were at home I think the author would be eating his words. With the long trip though, it's hard to predict how we will play. Certainly the Friday game should be easier for us - especially since the start time is closer to our norm than theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                                I thought it was pretty funny. If these games were at home I think the author would be eating his words. With the long trip though, it's hard to predict how we will play. Certainly the Friday game should be easier for us - especially since the start time is closer to our norm than theirs.
                                RPI supposedly flew to Alaska today. As you said, the Friday game is close to the time that the 'Tute usually plays, so I don't think that the time change and travel should be big problems.

I am cautiously optimistic about both games, but hopefully, the victory over UNH doesn't make the team overconfident.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X