• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bsu @ Nmu 10/23-24

Any injury updates for this weekend?
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Last night Walt said Billy Smith's wrist is good to go and should play this weekend.

Comment

I'm a newbie on this site. Was referred by a hockey officianoto who said this site was interesting. Okay it's cool to read the commentaries.
        I think MOJO has wisdom and I agree with his comments. I wonder though did anyone else notice the Mike Maltese factor? Missing against Tech and returned to the lineup against UMD? 2assists on three goals against UMD. I think he is part of the solution. Hope we have a good weekend against BMU. Exciting weekends ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by hckyfan75 View Post
          I'm a newbie on this site. Was referred by a hockey officianoto who said this site was interesting. Okay it's cool to read the commentaries.
          I think MOJO has wisdom and I agree with his comments. I wonder though did anyone else notice the Mike Maltese factor? Missing against Tech and returned to the lineup against UMD? 2assists on three goals against UMD. I think he is part of the solution. Hope we have a good weekend against BMU. Exciting weekends ahead.
          Now that you mention it, I actually didn't even know he was out vs. MTU. Hopefully he can be a big factor for the Cats this season.

Welcome to the board. Whatever you do, don't mention anything about Firing Walt Kyle. You'll get a ton of red chicklets for expressing your opinion.
          Especially if you aren't in the majority of opinions with the rest of the NMU fans.
          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Welcome aboard. First off, look out for the grammar police and do not ever mention a Big Ten Conference for hockey!!! Thanks for the compliments, I guess wisdom comes with age!!!

I really have liked the role Mike Maltese plays when on the ice. While he may not end up on the scoring sheet often he offers a ton with his clean but physical brand of hockey. His play helps open things up for more skilled finishers. I expect continued growth from him and think he is a key to success this year if others follow suit.

Comment

Will be nice to see how this series shakes out. Cheering for the New WCHA team: go Beavers.
              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
              Eric's Twitter
              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                Welcome aboard. First off, look out for the grammar police and do not ever mention a Big Ten Conference for hockey!!! .
                I think we can talk about the BTHC till we are blue in the face it isn't going to happen.
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Where the hell is the PtC thread? I'm going to be out of town Friday so it needs to be up by Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin Wildcat View Post
                    Where the hell is the PtC thread? I'm going to be out of town Friday so it needs to be up by Thursday.
                    'Bando's in MQT all day doing class things. My best guess is that it'll be up tomorrow.
                    Always a Wildcat...
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin Wildcat View Post
                      Oh, excuse me while I cater to your every need.

PtC will be up soon... I just got home and it's next on my "to do" list.

ETA: Here we are!
                      Last edited by hockeybando; 10-20-2009, 08:28 PM.
                      sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                      streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                      TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

I'm excited for Billy Smith come back. At the end of last year he came back as a momentum player,and is a crazy fast skater. I would really like to see him play with Pietila (whom I reffed last year), and Nugent who are also really fast skaters.
                        Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                        M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                          Well, looks like I'll be watching the games on the b2 network, as I just hooked the TV up to my computer (thanks Millsy!). Thank god my wife's (anyone there live around Arnold or Gwinn? That's where she grew up - going to the one room elementry school at KI Sawyer) as excited about this series as I am...
                          I use to drive through Arnold (Northland, Ralph) route all the time as well as a stop at the Knotty Pine for Burger and Fries.... Man, I miss home.......

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo/NMU Hockey View Post
                            I use to drive through Arnold (Northland, Ralph) route all the time as well as a stop at the Knotty Pine for Burger and Fries.... Man, I miss home.......

LETS GO CATS!!!!
                            The Knotty Pine was sold a year or two ago and is now Scotts Knotty Pine. Same burgers though. Sadly, they took down all the dollar bills from the ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
                              I'm excited for Billy Smith come back. At the end of last year he came back as a momentum player,and is a crazy fast skater. I would really like to see him play with Pietila (whom I reffed last year), and Nugent who are also really fast skaters.
                              One of those players mentioned will most likely have to sit out for Smith to return. Last game, NMU went with only 6 dmen as Spady sat out for Maltesse. Based on things so far, Id give the nod to Nugent over Pietila.
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

This should be an excellent series to watch, I think this is a great test for Northern in the early season. I'm interested to read the game recaps from any Northern fans that go to the game ( which i take it will include the vast majority that post on here). Best of luck this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X