US Hockey Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Hockey Hall of Fame

I was perusing this sight because I was wondering if D-3 players were eligible for the US Hockey Hall of Fame. Looking at the names, the only people connected to D-3 that I could quickly identify were Sid Watson, the long time Bowdoin coach and Edward Jeremiah for whom the D-3 coach of the year award is named after. He was the coach at Dartmouth,though, I believe? Anyway, does anyone know of other enshrinees that are predominantly D-3 products?

http://www.ushockeyhall.com/enshrinees.cfm
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Re: US Hockey Hall of Fame

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
    I was perusing this sight because I was wondering if D-3 players were eligible for the US Hockey Hall of Fame. Looking at the names, the only people connected to D-3 that I could quickly identify were Sid Watson, the long time Bowdoin coach and Edward Jeremiah for whom the D-3 coach of the year award is named after. He was the coach at Dartmouth,though, I believe? Anyway, does anyone know of other enshrinees that are predominantly D-3 products?

http://www.ushockeyhall.com/enshrinees.cfm
    This is a thread I started of DIII players in the NHL. Some, such as Mark Kumpel (U. of Massachusetts-Lowell ’79-'83 - then DII, along with SUNY Plattsburgh & other current DIII schools), show up here. Peter Laviolette (Westfield State College ’82-'86), once the "winningest American-born coach in NHL history" is also featured here.
    Last edited by norm1909; 10-07-2009, 07:16 PM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

This is not an example of a DIII enshrinee, but it might still be the type of thing you are looking for.

Taken from the Tom McNamara's citation in the Stout Hall of Fame...

"Tom McNamara, statistically, played third fiddle for the Blue Devil hockey program, but it’s safe to say he considers his case one of being at the right place at the right time.

Along with two previous UW-Stout Athletic Hall of Fame inductees, Glenn LaChapelle (1970-73) and Terry Watkins (1970-73), McNamara (1970-73) played on a line recognized by the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame as the highest-scoring line in college hockey history at any level for its prowess in 1973. McNamara complemented LaChapelle’s 65 goals and Watkins’ 45 with 39 of his own. McNamara, Stout’s 1973 MVP, tallied 61 points at Stout, scoring 23 goals and 38 assists."

http://www.uwstout.edu/static/athletics/hof/hof05.shtml

Comment

What I was trying to figure out is if anyone in D-3 besides a coach would ever have a prayer of getting in? I think not.
        Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Working...
        X