Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Wow, that's a great win! After seeing Danton's comments in the Times regarding the team's conditioning after their return from summer, it reminds me of the years when much of the team would stay in Huntsville for the summer and run the campus loop near noon on weekdays. They used to catch a lot of teams off guard early in the season, and I haven't seen that level of conditioning in many years.

My heartiest congratulations go to the fans who made the trip. Witnessing a great win on the road is quite special; I'm envious of those who traveled north this weekend. The biggest test will be round 2. It'll be interesting to see whether a strangely overconfident N.D. team, a "concerned" N.D. team, an overconfident U.A.H. team, or a "determined" U.A.H. team takes the ice on Sat. A second UAH win over a ranked team early in the season would be something I haven't seen before and would be a great indication that the team is ready to prove something this season.

Hoping Against the Typical Game-2 "Let-Down",
    T

Comment

Great win for UAH! Bemidji, too!

Purps letting a W escape, will need to learn to close the deal. Had some impressive play from some of the freshmen, though. Big hits from Beattie, Vandenberg (also a goal-scorer) and M Zanette.
      GO PURPS!
      Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Great win Chargers!!! Now complete the sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!
        The Niagara University

2008 NCAA Tournament
        2004 NCAA Tournament
        2000 NCAA Tournament - Elite Eight

2008 CHA Champion
        2006 CHA RS Champion
        2005 CHA RS Champion
        2004 CHA Champion

Comment

Two in a row for the CHA over ND. Great job UAH, make it three in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by wreakingball View Post
            Two in a row for the CHA over ND. Great job UAH, make it three in a row.
            I am sure the CCHA fans won't be dissing the CHA any more eh?
            I wish that game would have been on FCS last night. What would
            really be nice is to see BSU and UAH pick up the sweeps tonight.
            Last edited by Goon; 10-10-2009, 12:33 PM.
            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
            Eric's Twitter
            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I think Notre Dame will be happy when the CHA is gone...

Hope you're having fun in South Bend.

I'm about to make my trek up to Bemidji for tonight's game...It's been awhile since I've been up there...

Comment

Congrats to UAH on the win! Now go get number 2.

BSU looked real good last night also. Sophomore Dan Bakala got the win in net, his first official career win. He was 1:49 from getting the shutout. The defense really never gave Air Force a chance to get anything going. When the Falcons did get something going, Bakala was up to the challenge.

BSU looked as fast as ever and got scoring from three different lines. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain that jump tonight.
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

ND has the talent to kick UAH's *** tonight if they play in their system. That said, we have Talbot, and in Talbie I Trust.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

I am excited to see these boys put it all out on the line this season! It's going to have that playoff type atmosphere every series... I'm hoping for a lot of black and blue hockey. Box score tonight AFA 3 Beavers 4

Go get 'em Beavers!!!

--Bergy--

Comment

Congrats to UAH! I bet it was worth every mile to have seen it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
                        Congrats to UAH! I bet it was worth every mile to have seen it in person.
                        It was indeed and I have the photos to prove it. Hope to be as happy tonight but whatever happens a split on the road is always satisfying... I couldn't post any, though USCHO used one from last year on the cover page, as my computer will not load the browser for some reason and I can't fix it until I get back home.
                        Doug
                        UAH 1974
                        Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                        Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                        Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                        Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                        Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                          It was indeed and I have the photos to prove it. Hope to be as happy tonight but whatever happens a split on the road is always satisfying... I couldn't post any, though USCHO used one from last year on the cover page, as my computer will not load the browser for some reason and I can't fix it until I get back home.
                          My Mac works just fine in the hotel.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            Congrats to UAH on the win! Now go get number 2.

BSU looked real good last night also. Sophomore Dan Bakala got the win in net, his first official career win. He was 1:49 from getting the shutout. The defense really never gave Air Force a chance to get anything going. When the Falcons did get something going, Bakala was up to the challenge.

BSU looked as fast as ever and got scoring from three different lines. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain that jump tonight.
                            Sure looks like it, up 6-2 after 2 periods. Doesn't look like they have missed a step from last years run
                            -BSU Jake

Comment

95.6% for Cam on the weekend and a split. I can live with that.

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                              I want to see what you shot when you get home Doug.
                              -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                              web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Originally posted by Nels1jac View Post
                                Sure looks like it, up 6-2 after 2 periods. Doesn't look like they have missed a step from last years run
                                BSU to 2-0 with a 7-3 win!!! Beavers looked really good at home, lets keep it up Beavers!!!
                                -BSU Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X