Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
    What a great way to close out the Igloo. Honestly, I had a hard time leaving tonight.

Pens tickets being impossible to come by, this may have been the last time I set foot in the Arena, hockey or otherwise.

Just a great memory to close out the place, broken down cherry picker and all!
    Don't mention cherry picker to our guys and Bobby Mo's ACHA team.

That being said, we watched the 1st period -- Miami almost scored in the opening seconds and I thought it was going to be a long night for the Colonials.

But they settled down after losing the butterflies.

I spoke with Coach Schooley early in the evening and he was "cautiously optimistic" and talked about losing all those 1-goal games in the first semester.

Having been in the Notre Dame booth when RMU shocked the Irish, I knew that Derek's team was capable of doing what it did last night.

A great win and another sign that he's building a solid program in da 'Burgh. Now, if only we could add another PA team to the D-1 mix!
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Congrats to Bobby Mo ! ! !
      Doug
      UAH 1974
      Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
      Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
      Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
      Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
      Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Here's some pics on the night. I'm doing this off my facebook page, so we'll see if this works or not...

The Igloo:
        *****http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?cropsuccess&id=509553652#/photo.php?pid=4326671&id=509553652******

The now infamous 'cherry-picker" that is NOT named Alex Ovechkin:
        *****http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?cropsuccess&id=509553652#/photo.php?pid=4326686&id=509553652******

It was big, orange & white, and totally immobile. I thought the Flyers left their D behind...

RMU Women and UConn:
        *****http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?cropsuccess&id=509553652#/photo.php?pid=4326692&id=509553652******

The celebration:
        *****http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=172839&id=509553652&page=2#/photo.php?pid=4326697&id=509553652******

The final score:
        *****http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=172839&id=509553652&page=2#/photo.php?pid=4326698&id=509553652&fbid=266998083652******
        Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by Nate86 View Post
          Great Win RMU!!! Miami seems to have troubles with the CHA teams this year. Miami has 3 losses and two happen to be handed by BEMIDJI STATE & RMU!!!
          Wow this is pretty amazing! Good to see the CHA is battling tough in the last year of existence. I was surprised when my Beavers beat Miami, but now RMU?! Very nice!
          -BSU Jake

Comment

Nice work Bobby!!!!
            The Niagara University

2008 NCAA Tournament
            2004 NCAA Tournament
            2000 NCAA Tournament - Elite Eight

2008 CHA Champion
            2006 CHA RS Champion
            2005 CHA RS Champion
            2004 CHA Champion

Comment

Once again the Chargers give up three straight goals in the third period to give up a 2-0 lead. They ended up getting one back on the PP to end the game in a 3-3 tie with Clarkson. If they could ever learn how to play smart defense in the third period they'd win a bunch of games... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Doug
              UAH 1974

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                You should take a picture of that frozen Frog.
                Oh, I did ... still need to download it.

Oops ... forgot I was signed in under my premium registration. Basically just I use it for reading some articles. Oh well. ... 5-hole.
                Last edited by The Right Winger; 01-09-2010, 11:27 PM. Reason: Posted under my alter-ego

Comment

in game 2 @ Miami...RMU up 2-1 after 2 per...all pp goals looks like.

Comment

Upset Complete!!!!!

RMU 2

Miami 1

Nicest sweep in RMU history!!

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

RMU SWEEPS MIAMI WITH A 2-1 VICTORY! Unreal!

Comment

Wow. All I can say is wow.

My phone just rang. I can not believe this... wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
                          Wow. All I can say is wow.

My phone just rang. I can not believe this... wow.
                          It was just one of those games. The boys worked their tails off, dove to chip pucks out, blocked shots left and right, and Denny stripped a Miami player on a power play and sent the wrister to the back of the net for the game winner late in the second. Brooks was awesome, and the D in front of him didn't panic even when Miami cycled for what seemed like an eternity.

Would it be too much to ask for a full barn this Friday???

I think the program just took 1000 steps forward this weekend. I can't say what will happen from this point on, but I couldn't be more proud of these guys!!!

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
                            It was just one of those games. The boys worked their tails off, dove to chip pucks out, blocked shots left and right, and Denny stripped a Miami player on a power play and sent the wrister to the back of the net for the game winner late in the second. Brooks was awesome, and the D in front of him didn't panic even when Miami cycled for what seemed like an eternity.

Would it be too much to ask for a full barn this Friday???

I think the program just took 1000 steps forward this weekend. I can't say what will happen from this point on, but I couldn't be more proud of these guys!!!
                            I know the feeling.

I can't wait to hear Prisuta in the AM and Madden in the PM. They'll be gushing all day, and hopefully all week.

Already texted Derek. His phone must've blown up by now!

Comment

Bobby Mo - Fan-freakin-tastic!!!
                              Doug
                              UAH 1974

Comment

Nice job RMU!

Some guy in the Miami thread this claiming that Miami has lost three games this season to the, "Worst league in hockey."

Comment

Working...
                                X