Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

gfmorris - Is Talbot in his last year of eligibility? I know he is listed as a junior, but I thought I read somewhere that he lost a year of eligibility while playing his last year of junior?

Comment

Originally posted by ecacwatcher View Post
      gfmorris - Is Talbot in his last year of eligibility? I know he is listed as a junior, but I thought I read somewhere that he lost a year of eligibility while playing his last year of junior?
      I'm interviewing Coach Cole today, so I'll ask him. Technically, this is his last year if he doesn't appeal. Last I talked to Coach about this, he felt confident that the appeal would be granted and approved.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        I'm interviewing Coach Cole today, so I'll ask him. Technically, this is his last year if he doesn't appeal. Last I talked to Coach about this, he felt confident that the appeal would be granted and approved.

GFM
        UAH had a similar issue with a defenseman in 2001(ish). Darren Curry, as I recall. His junior team had made the playoffs, meaning that he played some number of games after his 21st birthday, meaning he loses a year. That appeal was denied.

I reserve the right to be wrong.
        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
        2006 Time Person of the Year
        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
          UAH had a similar issue with a defenseman in 2001(ish). Darren Curry, as I recall. His junior team had made the playoffs, meaning that he played some number of games after his 21st birthday, meaning he loses a year. That appeal was denied.

I reserve the right to be wrong.
          You're wrong. This is more about when Cam started taking classes. Going any further than that is more than I'm willing to do in a public forum because I take his privacy seriously. [I mean, I do that because I care and I like the guy, but dammit, have you seen Talbie lately? He's buff and could so whip my ***.]

Anyway, DC told me that the appeal is in process now, and he stands a "good" shot of being able to play next year. I'd rather see Talbie as a senior than two freshmen goalies and Griggsie the only "experienced" netminder next year.

Hopefully the NCAA will do right by the student-athlete and give him another year of eligibility to finish his classes at UAH and start on graduate school, which I've heard he has all intention of doing next year if allowed.

GFM <-- has a video of his interview with Coach that he'll share as soon as it's polished.
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

You're wrong. This is more about when Cam started taking classes. Going any further than that is more than I'm willing to do in a public forum because I take his privacy seriously. [I mean, I do that because I care and I like the guy, but dammit, have you seen Talbie lately? He's buff and could so whip my ***.]

Anyway, DC told me that the appeal is in process now, and he stands a "good" shot of being able to play next year. I'd rather see Talbie as a senior than two freshmen goalies and Griggsie the only "experienced" netminder next year.

Hopefully the NCAA will do right by the student-athlete and give him another year of eligibility to finish his classes at UAH and start on graduate school, which I've heard he has all intention of doing next year if allowed.

GFM <-- has a video of his interview with Coach that he'll share as soon as it's polished.
            Not so much similar as in "the exact same situation," but more similar in that "the guy's fourth year is in question."

BTW, Coach Cole sorta, kinda, vaguely released UAH's 2010-11 schedule.

http://saveuahhockey.com/2009/12/19/...11-and-beyond/

H - Ferris
            A - Mich State
            A - BGSU
            A - Wisco
            H - Providence
            H - Bemidji
            Mercyhurst (?)
            UNO (?)
            RPI Tournament
            H - RPI
            Cornell (?)
            A - Colorado College
            H - USNDP

At 30 games announced, there are two weekends unaccounted for here. No dates, this is not necessarily the order of games either, except that he said explicitly that we open the season at home against Ferris.

The coaching staff is working on adding two more home series. If USNDP comes through, they have the option of adding a 35th game (only one game against U-18 can be exempted from the 34-game limit).
            Last edited by MikeAnderson; 12-19-2009, 06:15 PM.

Mike Anderson

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Not so much similar as in "the exact same situation," but more similar in that "the guy's fourth year is in question."

H - Ferris
              A - Mich State
              A - BGSU
              A - Wisco
              H - Providence
              H - Bemidji
              Mercyhurst (?)
              UNO (?)
              RPI Tournament
              H - RPI
              Cornell (?)
              A - Colorado College
              H - USNDP

At 30 games announced, there are two weekends unaccounted for here. No dates, this is not necessarily the order of games either, except that he said explicitly that we open the season at home against Ferris.

The coaching staff is working on adding two more home series. If USNDP comes through, they have the option of adding a 35th game (only one game against U-18 can be exempted from the 34-game limit).
              I wondered who would do the math on that for me.

Also, the Cornell series is at the Lynah. I think I'll have to schedule a trip just to listen to their fans kill our guys.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I wondered who would do the math on that for me.

Also, the Cornell series is at the Lynah. I think I'll have to schedule a trip just to listen to their fans kill our guys.

GFM
                I realized that a little later after I posted it, just forgot to make the change.

Also, if Mercyhurst is home then that's one home series featuring every league. A solid independent schedule. I just hope senior night isn't sometime in late January.
                Last edited by MikeAnderson; 12-22-2009, 07:33 PM.

Mike Anderson

Comment

H - Ferris
                  A - Mich State
                  A - BGSU
                  A - Wisco
                  H - Providence
                  H - Bemidji
                  Mercyhurst (?)
                  UNO (?)
                  RPI Tournament
                  H - RPI
                  Cornell (?)
                  A - Colorado College
                  H - USNDP

The Bemidji State games are scheduled for January 7 and 8 according to the BSU schedule that has been released for 2010-11.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                    The Bemidji State games are scheduled for January 7 and 8 according to the BSU schedule that has been released for 2010-11.
                    As a side note, the last time each of those teams came to Huntsville:

Bemidji - Duh.
                    Providence - Dec. 8-9, 1989 (only four meetings ever, last in 1994)
                    Ferris State - Never since varsity program (March 2, 1986 -- club team), only three games ever between the teams.
                    USNDP - Never played
                    RPI - Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, 1991 (only meeting between the teams)

Mike Anderson

Comment

Also, if Mercyhurst is home then that's one home series featuring every league. A solid independent schedule. I just hope senior night isn't sometime in late January.
                      You hear DC using this as a strength. I love that.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Here is an article that was posted the other day on late Bemidji native George Pelawa. It is a good read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-george-pelawa
                        Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

You hear DC using this as a strength. I love that.

GFM
                          Doesn't hurt to try to put as good of a spin on it as he can.

Happy Holidays CHA!
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Ho Ho Ho...

Merry Christmas!!!

Ho Ho Ho...
                            Doug
                            UAH 1974
                            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone in CHA land! May Santa bring you and your hockey team what you are looking for!
                              Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

H - Ferris
                                A - Mich State
                                A - BGSU
                                A - Wisco
                                H - Providence
                                H - Bemidji
                                Mercyhurst (?)
                                UNO (?)
                                RPI Tournament
                                H - RPI
                                Cornell (?)
                                A - Colorado College
                                H - USNDP

Add Robert Morris to the list. Derek mentioned it that we were going to make a trip down next season.
                                Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Working...
                                X