Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Originally posted by BemidjiPioneerSports View Post
    The Bemidji Regional Event Center is starting to take shape.

Had the chance to take a tour today of what's there and produced a video on it. Not much in locker room/office area to speak of, but some of the stands around what will be the rink are up.

If all my video encoding goes well, the thing should be available in HD.

Anyway, you can check out the video our web site.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/.../id/100013231/

Tomorrow I'll be out at practice to talk to the team about the upcoming series with the Gophers. I'll let you know when that video is posted.

-Eric
    Just wondering when the next preview segment will be up....love watching them

2009 Frozen Four!

2010 3-peat CHA Regular Season Champs!

Comment

The Bemidji State-Minnesota preview is up:

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/.../id/100013268/

Upper Deck and GOBEAVS: Thanks for watching and thanks for your positive comments. Glad to hear you enjoy my work.

Normally I make the videos Wednesday and have them posted by Thursday early morning. This week I'm behind one day behind because of the arena tour video and the Saturday-Sunday series.

I was at the last 45 minutes of practice Thursday. It looked a bit more focused and physically intense than what I've seen in recent weeks.

With that said, the players seem surprisingly laid back heading into the series.

I'll be down in Minneapolis covering the series for the Pioneer...I'll have at the least a few stories and some photo galleries on the web after the games.

-Eric

Comment

Eric-

Thanks for your work on getting the BSU hockey program out there. Those of us away from Bemidji really enjoy getting as much as we can about the Green and White!
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by BemidjiPioneerSports View Post
          The Bemidji State-Minnesota preview is up:

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/.../id/100013268/

Upper Deck and GOBEAVS: Thanks for watching and thanks for your positive comments. Glad to hear you enjoy my work.

Normally I make the videos Wednesday and have them posted by Thursday early morning. This week I'm behind one day behind because of the arena tour video and the Saturday-Sunday series.

I was at the last 45 minutes of practice Thursday. It looked a bit more focused and physically intense than what I've seen in recent weeks.

With that said, the players seem surprisingly laid back heading into the series.

I'll be down in Minneapolis covering the series for the Pioneer...I'll have at the least a few stories and some photo galleries on the web after the games.

-Eric
          All right, Eric, your prediction for the weekend?

In fairness of appreciation, I also enjoy the Hockey Show and Sports in the Round podcasts. I hope all of these media programs continue to grow with the BSU program.
          Fear the Green

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
            Eric-

Thanks for your work on getting the BSU hockey program out there. Those of us away from Bemidji really enjoy getting as much as we can about the Green and White!
            Ditto.

Picks.

Lowell
            Split
            Split
            sigpic

Comment

Been cypherin' alot this week trying to figure out if this is a week that I can make a move on everyone else by NOT going with the majority... still haven't decided on it...

RMU v NU = Split - The Purps finally bust through to the win column!
              UML @ UAH = UML Sweep - Come on boys, make me eat this prediction (I've got lots of salt!)
              BSU @ Minnie = Arrrrrrrgggggh Split - Based on history I want to take a Minnie Sweep since no one else has; If right I'll pick up on most but if wrong I'll loose; but then the Beavs have been showing one unmistakeable trait of all really good teams... they find a way to win even when being outplayed!!! Oh well, I guess I'll go with the crowd... for now.
              Last edited by Douglas; 11-13-2009, 11:13 AM.
              Doug
              UAH 1974
              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Friday-Saturday
                Robert Morris vs. Niagara (Home-and-home*): Split
                UMass-Lowell at Alabama-Huntsville (2): split

Saturday-Sunday
                Bemidji State at Minnesota (2): Minn win and tie
                HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

Originally posted by Upper Deck View Post
                  All right, Eric, your prediction for the weekend?

In fairness of appreciation, I also enjoy the Hockey Show and Sports in the Round podcasts. I hope all of these media programs continue to grow with the BSU program.
                  Moose at KBUN and Brian Schultz at Mix 103.7 do great work in covering the hockey season as well. John McRae has been writing BSU men's hockey for The Pioneer some time now and he's very good too.

As for my prediction- I'm going to take a neutral stance since I'm covering the game

IMO I think a split would be considered a successful weekend. If they are swept, I think they will be happy as long as effort is there. A BSU sweep would be nothing short of stunning...even for November.

Thanks Millsy and everyone else. My work means nothing if no one watches/reads...so I'm really appreciative.

-Eric

Comment

I agree with the other posters. The hockey previews from the Pioneer are excellent. Probably the best use of youtube I have seen in a long time.

Good luck Beavers.

Comment

RMU 5
                      Niagara 3

Kushneriuk with the hat trick for the Colonials. Game could have gone either way, Ostergard made some great saves tonight.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

UML 3 - UAH 1 The Chargers won the first period but lost the other two. They seemed to tire out and weren't finishing their checks midway through the second period. They seemed to lose a little speed or UML made some major corrections after the first period and took UAH's game away. That old faithful trap of Blaise's Niagara days made its reappearance too. Same two tomorrow night, same time too.
                        Doug
                        UAH 1974
                        Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                        Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                        Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                        Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                        Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

As I said, it's amazing that the boys can go to Colorado, play as well as they did at altitude, but come home and look like they're sucking wind after the first period. At least Niagara is doing worse than us.
                          -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                          web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

That's the first poor game I've seen the boys play all year.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Wasn't 100% poor... only 66%. I thought the Chargers outplayed them all over the ice 1st period. That momentum disappeared somewhere in the intermission though, and the boys came out looking embarassingly sluggish to open the second, even on a power play. Didn't even look like we woke up until the last minute of regulation.

Comment

Beavers played good through one period tonight, though after going down 2-1, and blowing a huge chance on consecutive PP's including almost 2 minutes of 5 on 3 with no goals spelled doom for the Beavs. Hoping for a Beaver win tomorrow, but they have to get more shots on net, and have to quit playing so sloppy, too many penalties tonight. The lone Beaver goal by George was a pretty nice one though
                                -BSU Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X