Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Colgate @ NU: Niagara
    UAH @ Notre Dame: ND Sweep
    AFA @ BSU: SPLIT
    The Sickest Hockey Goal Ever!

Comment

Colgate @ NU: Niagara
      AFA @ BSU: AFA sweep

And WTH ... my season prediction:
      1) NIAGARA
      2) ROMO
      3) BEMIDJI
      4) UAH
      GO PURPS!
      Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        I don't know about you guys, but I think something from the young Senator Blutarsky.
        Well played.
        Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

This week's action:
          Friday Only 10-9-09
          Colgate @ NU for 1: NU

Fri & Sat 10-9 & 10-10-09
          UAH @ Notre Dame for 2: ND sweep
          AFA @ BSU for 2: split
          HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

Niagara
            ND
            BSU
            sigpic

Comment

For Beaver fans, former BSU player Scott Monsrud passed away yesterday after a short battle with cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
                For Beaver fans, former BSU player Scott Monsrud passed away yesterday after a short battle with cancer.
                http://www.mahnfamilyfuneralhome.com....jsp?OID=52459
                Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                  A question mark rather than a smiley face? I'd say try again, or, let Millsy do it right...
                  You apparently don't get the significance of the question mark so any explanation is simply a waste of time. Millsy is well aware the he can post any kind of write up that he sees fit to print or... to not do it based on his available time and inclination. If you want a dissertation on the state of the CHA then I suggest YOU write one up and oh, feel free to start a new thread so you don't have to look for probably the only thread starting with a question mark.
                  Doug
                  UAH 1974
                  Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                  Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                  Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                  Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                  Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Just an FYI ... Purps games will be broadcast free on Yahoo!
                    http://www.purpleeagles.com/sports/n...lease_id=11634
                    GO PURPS!
                    Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                      You apparently don't get the significance of the question mark so any explanation is simply a waste of time. Millsy is well aware the he can post any kind of write up that he sees fit to print or... to not do it based on his available time and inclination. If you want a dissertation on the state of the CHA then I suggest YOU write one up and oh, feel free to start a new thread so you don't have to look for probably the only thread starting with a question mark.
                      Are we seeing some of that WCHA arrogance a season early?
                      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                      2006 Time Person of the Year
                      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                        Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                        Are we seeing some of that WCHA arrogance a season early?
                        You know, internet protocol doesn't let you rip into me just by adding a smiley at the end...

All I'm saying is, historically, a smile is added to all CHA Thoughts and Prognostications threads. Why should this one be different? And, as an aside (specifically directed at you, Mike) - how is it I'm the arrogant one, when a UAH fan starts a conference thread, where the other three teams have no questions as to their future, yet the thread has a question mark because of one team - UAH? Seems like Independant-team arrogance a season early... (does my smiley make it all better?)

edit - and, seriously, it was an offhanded comment - I'm not broken up over it (the lack of smiley), and hadn't even given it a second thought after my initial post. I don't understand the harsh retort...
                        Last edited by moose97; 10-07-2009, 06:41 PM.
                        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                        ECAC:
                        HEA: UMass
                        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Colgate @ NU: The Niagara University
                          AFA @ BSU: Split

My season prediction
                          1) BSU
                          2) NU
                          3) UAH
                          4) RMU
                          The Niagara University

2008 NCAA Tournament
                          2004 NCAA Tournament
                          2000 NCAA Tournament - Elite Eight

2008 CHA Champion
                          2006 CHA RS Champion
                          2005 CHA RS Champion
                          2004 CHA Champion

Comment

You know, internet protocol doesn't let you rip into me just by adding a smiley at the end...
                            So internet protocol allows you to rip into me if you don't use a smilie? Since I didn't use a smile in the thread I'm an idiot and should have done it over or, since I'm obviously so incompetent, I should have let Millsy do it, huh?

All I'm saying is, historically, a smile is added to all CHA Thoughts and Prognostications threads. Why should this one be different?
                            Well, primarily because it's the last one! And there have been a few threads started that had no smilie at all. I have been a vocal proponent for adding them simply to make it easier to find amongst the clutter on the main menu. Yes, I know I could bookmark it but I like to look over many threads and see where we are located.

And, as an aside (specifically directed at you, Mike) - how is it I'm the arrogant one, when a UAH fan starts a conference thread, where the other three teams have no questions as to their future, yet the thread has a question mark because of one team - UAH? Seems like Independant-team arrogance a season early... (does my smiley make it all better?)
                            So, for a UAH fan to start a conference thread is arrogant? I didn't know that was reserved for a Beaver fan. Oops, I obviously stepped on many toes. And simply because three of the four teams have a league to step into you think there are NO other questions as to their futures??? Now that is truly arrogant. I'll spell it out: The question mark is for the future of all of the CHA teams... 1. How will they do in their new conferences? 2. How will the reduced scholarships affect the Purps in the future?? 3. Will the Beavers make the frozen four again within 10 years??? 4. Will UAH ever find a conference???? 5. Will Bobby Mo make the NCAA's this year????? There are simply a ton of questions for the final year of the CHA!!! Hence, the Question Mark.

edit - and, seriously, it was an offhanded comment - I'm not broken up over it (the lack of smiley), and hadn't even given it a second thought after my initial post. I don't understand the harsh retort...
                            Well maybe you should reread your "offhanded comment" and consider it aimed at yourself. I'm not the only one offended by your comments (I've received a few emails) since I thought I was doing everyone a favor by starting it since the week was under way and many people needed a place to put their prognostications, me included. There, I'm done. (Does that make it better?)
                            Doug
                            UAH 1974
                            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

After a season off, I will give it one more shot...Picks...

This week's action:
                              Friday Only 10-9-09
                              Colgate @ NU for 1: --> NU

Fri & Sat 10-9 & 10-10-09
                              UAH @ Notre Dame for 2: ---> ND
                              AFA @ BSU for 2: ---> BSU
                              It is amazing how some people can fall out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down and survive to tell about it.

We want a GOAL....
                              A BEAVER GOAL.....
                              We Want a GOAL.....
                              A BEAVER GOAL!!!!

Chris K.

Comment

*looks around*

Yep, its Hockey Season!!
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X