Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

RMU loses to Quinnipiac 5-0. There aren't enough words in the English language to talk about how poorly RMU played tonight.
    HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

Originally posted by Nels1jac View Post
      Oh, haha. I didn't know they put some of the stuff from the mag online...On a side not, is there a reason that the BSU-AHA series is on Saturday-Sunday instead of the usual Friday-Saturday?
      I assume you mean BSU-UAH, and the answer is because, up to this point, UAH is regularly shafted by the VBC schedulers.

Friday night is the home opener for the Havoc.
      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
      2006 Time Person of the Year
      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

I'm just sad that the Beavs got to town too late today to have Tom available for a Coaches' Luncheon. I wanted to congratulate him in person for last year's run, then ask some obnoxious question to get under his skin like I always do.

[Let's see if Danton tells me I have to be nice every single week, eh? ]

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by RMUColonials View Post
          RMU loses to Quinnipiac 5-0. There aren't enough words in the English language to talk about how poorly RMU played tonight.
          They couldn't get out of their own way tonight! I think it'll be a much better effort tomorrow.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Originally posted by Nels1jac View Post
            For those who get SI, there was a one page story this week about Huntsville's situation about what is happening this year and going into next year. Funny to see college hockey get some press, but for something unfortunate. I could scan and send it in an email if anybody is interested. My email is buddy.jake@hotmail.com
            I just want to know if my shot made the article or not. I'm not very hopeful that it did since it isn't with the article online. And the issue still hasn't hit shelves yet, so I have no way of knowing if it did or not.
            -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
            web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
              I assume you mean BSU-UAH, and the answer is because, up to this point, UAH is regularly shafted by the VBC schedulers.

Friday night is the home opener for the Havoc.
              Doesn't the VBC now have an ownership stake in both the Havoc and the Vipers?

Comment

Originally posted by wnickelson View Post
                I just want to know if my shot made the article or not. I'm not very hopeful that it did since it isn't with the article online. And the issue still hasn't hit shelves yet, so I have no way of knowing if it did or not.
                It's on the shelves in Bemidji, and I saw a pic of Talbot when I opened it up...
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                  Doesn't the VBC now have an ownership stake in both the Havoc and the Vipers?
                  Nope, HSV Sports, LLC, owned by Keith Jeffries. I think the next "flood their mail/in-boxes" drive for SUAHH is going to be him. Fraking idiots.

Originally posted by moose97
                  It's on the shelves in Bemidji, and I saw a pic of Talbot when I opened it up...
                  Thanks moose. Heading out to see if it is on shelves, it still wasn't at B&N or BAM yesterday.
                  -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                  web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

picks for Sat. and Sunday

RMU
                    NU
                    Bemidji State sweep

Comment

BS U!
                      BS U!

Who Hates Huntsville..... We Hate Huntsville!

Lets go Green!!!!
                      BEAVER FEVER!

Comment

What a difference a day makes. RMU gets 4 goals from Nathan Longpre and beats Quinnipiac 8-5
                        HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

Bemidji State beats Huntsville 2-1 in overtime! Beavers remain unbeaten, Who Hates Huntsville!!!

2009 Frozen Four!

2010 3-peat CHA Regular Season Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by RMUColonials View Post
                            What a difference a day makes. RMU gets 4 goals from Nathan Longpre and beats Quinnipiac 8-5
                            Yeah... forget the "Blue Man Group" or our vote for the Ninja Turtles. The real winner of the costume contest should've been the team that masqueraded as the RMU hockey team Friday night!

Derek still wasn't happy... shots on goal numbers... coaches...
                            Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Matty freakin' Read. That kid is one hell of a hockey player.

Bakala looked solid in net.

Weird game with no flow, but the Beavs really seemed to choke the Chargers' offense the first two periods, save when the Chargers had the man advantage. I know that the fans are upset with the power play right now, but they're doing something different than what Doug Ross always did and it's gonna work, given time. Beavs' speed and forechecking made the difference early on, and it probably would've been a wider margin had there not been so many penalties.

Both coaches were upset with the officiating, and I think they both had a right to be. I mean, 11:13 of the first: matching minors, hooking and diving? On the same incident? He either hooked the man down or the guy dove. Both really can't have happened, right? Oh well.

Nice flow in the third---no penalties [although a couple could have been called, both ways], good puck movement. Chargers really took it to the Beavers, who were on their heels much of the period. Ruffini with another roof shot to tie it up.

OT. Matt Read. Bonehead defensive play, and Read capitalizes. Like I said, he's one great hockey player.

Let's pick up the split tomorrow.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
                                Yeah... forget the "Blue Man Group" or our vote for the Ninja Turtles. The real winner of the costume contest should've been the team that masqueraded as the RMU hockey team Friday night!

Derek still wasn't happy... shots on goal numbers... coaches...
                                It's still a young team, the fact they've played so many big games for being so young makes me forget that it still going to take some more growth time.

Forget Friday night, take the lessons and move on, the important thing is how they responded, and they came back the next night and took down a ranked opponent, one that had previously swept tOSU in Columbus this year.

Those shot totals look really bad, but when you take penalties against a really talented team like that, it'll happen sometimes. I was more concerned about giving up almost 50 on Friday night, with only one penalty kill situation.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Working...
                                X