Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
    Bemidji State is the highest ranked team in the state of Minnesota...
    Still early, but yeah it sure is pretty hilarious. Should be interesting to see how November treats BSU, with 2 games at the U, and a game a piece in Grand Forks vs Miami-Ohio and Ohio State...Oh and Huntsville between the two
    -BSU Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Upper Deck View Post
      Nice win Saturday for the Beavs. B2 broadcast wasn't too bad. I've heard Birminghams, check that - Huntsville's broadcast is pretty poor?
      Coach's cam only, but it's not bad. Brett does a good job with the play-by-play, I say.

Originally posted by Nels1jac View Post
      Really? Is this possibly a way to draw schools into college hockey who otherwise wouldn't join because of no conference affiliation?
      No, not really.
      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
      2006 Time Person of the Year
      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Niagara
        Niagara
        Split
        Split
        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
        2006 Time Person of the Year
        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Friday-Saturday
          Quinnipiac at Robert Morris (2):

Saturday-Sunday
          Bemidji State at Alabama-Huntsville* (2):

splits
          Free Monkey!

Comment

Friday
            Niagara at Cornell - Cornell

Saturday
            Niagara at Colgate - NU

Friday-Saturday
            Quinnipiac at Robert Morris - Quinnipiac

Saturday-Sunday
            Bemidji State at Alabama-Huntsville - BSU
            sigpic

Comment

Cornell over Niagara
              Niagara over Colgate
              Split between Q and RMU
              Split between the Chargers and the Beavs

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Picks ...

Purps
                Purps
                Split
                Split
                GO PURPS!
                Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Cornell
                  Colgate
                  Split
                  Beaver Sweep

Comment

What's up at Niagara? Their power play is horrible and I know Annesley is hurt but why aren't they using Foam. He was terrific offensive player in OPJHL has great vision and was a goal scorer to boot. For some reason they are playing all their freshmen which seems rather odd for a team which should be trying to to win the CHA in the year it will disband. If you watched the game against Michigan the defense gave up numerous chances and they had no puck movement. If it wasn't for Avramenko who stood on his head, they would have been embarrased.
                    By the way Avramenko's rebound control in that game was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by lacrosseboy View Post
                      What's up at Niagara? Their power play is horrible and I know Annesley is hurt but why aren't they using Foam. He was terrific offensive player in OPJHL has great vision and was a goal scorer to boot. For some reason they are playing all their freshmen which seems rather odd for a team which should be trying to to win the CHA in the year it will disband. If you watched the game against Michigan the defense gave up numerous chances and they had no puck movement. If it wasn't for Avramenko who stood on his head, they would have been embarrased.
                      By the way Avramenko's rebound control in that game was fantastic.
                      Hard for me to respond too much since I have not yet seen the Purps play. Based on the stats, yes the PP sucks but it is early in the season- I'll give them some time to get it squared away and find the right guys to put in the right spots.

But it is your next comments that are puzzling ... Foam- you are looking at stats. I have seen him play. He scares me to death on defense. It appears that he has been beaten out by a pretty strong crop of freshmen blue-liners. But why would you think we are not trying to win the CHA this year? In fact, it makes perfect sense for Burkie to play these frosh if he thinks they are better than an upperclassman and get them some great experience early on (so far, 4 games v. 4 different quality opponents, the last 3 on the road) so they will be ready for conference play ... right??? BTW, puck movement against a team as talented as Michigan is always a challenge- Foam would not have been an answer!

Your comments on Avramenko's performance were fine (and appreciated) except I did not hear anyone else come away with the perception that Niagara would have been embarrassed- including Red Berenson. Maybe you missed this comment from somebody who had no dog in the fight (Jeff Jackson for President):
                      Just watched Michigan eke out a win against NU. NU's goalie was on fire and if a little puck luck could've happened, NU skates out with a win. (I know there are no moral victories in sports, but if there were, this would be one...) They played a stellar 2nd and 3rd periods, especially 5x5 and shorthanded. I always love watching the Purple Eagles play Michigan because they always play them hard.
                      GO PURPS!
                      Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Former Beaver Andrew Murray has been placed on injured reserve by the Blue Jackets and is likely out for a month with an injured shoulder.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ets.move.0176/
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Picks

Friday
                          Niagara at Cornell - Cornell

Saturday
                          Niagara at Colgate - NU

Friday-Saturday
                          Quinnipiac at Robert Morris - RMU

Saturday-Sunday
                          Bemidji State at Alabama-Huntsville - BSU Sweep
                          It is amazing how some people can fall out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down and survive to tell about it.

We want a GOAL....
                          A BEAVER GOAL.....
                          We Want a GOAL.....
                          A BEAVER GOAL!!!!

Chris K.

Comment

Former Beaver Riley Weselowski has been released by the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL. Looks like the Victoria Salmon Kings may try and pick him up though.

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...222/story.html
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

To 5 hole- Sorry I'm new to this so I apologize for any shortcomings in my post.
                              I don't disagree with you entirely on Foam being a great defender however if you look at the stats over the last two years he was very high in plus/minus in year 1 and led the entire conference in year 2. Some of that may be luck but over the long haul I think this stat does reflect a players value (think Nik Lidstrom). If he was a plus playing at even strength even though it may not have been against the best offensive players then I have to believe given his offensive stats in Junior that he would be even better when the opposition is short handed.
                              For the record the power play connected at a 16% last year (very poor) and I believe is at 0% this year.
                              Sometimes people's perceptions get in the way of the facts.
                              One thing I do know is if this team doesn't start staying out of the penalty box (and yes the freshmen are part of that) then this is going to be a long season not just because it puts the opposition at an advantage but it demoralizes the players and creates tension due to lack of ice time for the majority of the players.
                              I don't think this was the most cohesive group last year and think they may be heading down a slippery slope again if it keeps up.

Comment

Friday
                                Niagara at Cornell: Cornell

Saturday
                                Niagara at Colgate: Niagara

Friday-Saturday
                                Quinnipiac at Robert Morris: Split

Saturday-Sunday
                                Bemidji State at Alabama-Huntsville: Tie, UAH

Comment

Working...
                                X