Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picks

Since I missed tonights game, I will pick the rest.

Friday-Saturday
    Western Michigan at Alabama-Huntsville (2): split
    Bemidji State at Northern Michigan (2): Split
    Robert Morris at Ferris State (2): Split
    It is amazing how some people can fall out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down and survive to tell about it.

We want a GOAL....
    A BEAVER GOAL.....
    We Want a GOAL.....
    A BEAVER GOAL!!!!

Chris K.

Comment

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Meechigan holds on for a 3-2 win ... Wolverines scored on their first two PP's before the Purps settled down and got their legs under them. We took waaaaay too many penalties but still hung in there. Avramenko was outstanding in goal and our PP could not cash in on a couple of late opportunities. Good game, cannot be too disappointed but, jeez, another one goal loss. These are getting tough to take.

Comment

Just watched Michigan eke out a win against NU. NU's goalie was on fire and if a little puck luck could've happened, NU skates out with a win. (I know there are no moral victories in sports, but if there were, this would be one...) They played a stellar 2nd and 3rd periods, especially 5x5 and shorthanded. I always love watching the Purple Eagles play Michigan because they always play them hard.
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by The Right Winger View Post
          Meechigan holds on for a 3-2 win ... Wolverines scored on their first two PP's before the Purps settled down and got their legs under them. We took waaaaay too many penalties but still hung in there. Avramenko was outstanding in goal and our PP could not cash in on a couple of late opportunities. Good game, cannot be too disappointed but, jeez, another one goal loss. These are getting tough to take.
          Welcome to the last two years in Huntsville.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

http://thehockeyshow.blogspot.com
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

It occurs to me that I should include Mr. Mackinder's picks in the Playpen standings, so I will do so from this point forward (I can't find any picks from him for the first two weeks...).

If you haven't picked yet, you have until 7/6/5/4/3 p.m. (depending on your time zone, east to west) to get your weekend picks in.
              UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
              2006 Time Person of the Year
              Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
              It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

since i missed the niagara pick

ferris state-RMU, split

Bemidji State-northern michigan, BSU sweep

Huntsville vs. western michigan, split

2009 Frozen Four!

2010 3-peat CHA Regular Season Champs!

Comment

Bit of a side note here for the Bemidji State fans, but tomorrow your football team hosts UMD on the gridiron. Please beat them. Thank you!!
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Beavers tie it with 6 seconds left in the third!! 3-3

2009 Frozen Four!

Comment

Beavers skate away with a tie 3-3

2009 Frozen Four!

Comment

RMU loses in OT, 5-4

Up 2-1 after 1, down at one point 3-2. Get 'em tomorrow, boys!
                        Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Chargers lose 2-1, surrendering a penalty shot.
                          UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                          2006 Time Person of the Year
                          Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                          It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Frustrating loss. We looked like last year's team in the third to my eyes---just not getting the bounces. We had plenty of good chances to go up two, and none of them went in.

The penalty shot seemed to be legit [wnickelson will disagree, as he already has in person and on Twitter], at least to me and Coach Cole. Our guys made the lapse---guy comes out of the box on a penalty, and you can't let him past you on the offensive end as they're getting the puck out of their end. I think Cam would have made the save given the chance to stop the puck. Watson just had a great shot on the PS.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Let me revise and extend my remarks. I shouldn't compare this year's team to last year's---the level of effort is just too good for me to do that. The result was more like what we saw last year. I just hate a one-goal loss, especially when Cam played so well. The PS he gave up was a great shot, and the other one the defense just didn't give him much help on. It's really the only time I've seen Cam look flustered all year, but he regrouped and put the team back on his back.

I guess I should expect nights when we're going to struggle to score. Give Western credit---they back-checked hard and really stifled the offense at times. Kuhn also stood very tall in net for the Broncos---several good chances from UAH sticks that found pads or glove and not twine.

I'm happy with the effort. The guys never quit, and the fitness showed again. This team is so much different than last year, it's not even funny. I loved Bruni-Cseter-Desmet as a line. Also happy with Coburn's line, although late it looked on a couple shifts like Danton put Cseter between Coby and Soup. I hate to break up Cseter and Desmet --- they played together in juniors --- but that might be our best top line, putting Coby back on the wing. I don't know ... I would want to watch them together more before I decide.

Happy with the power play. The switch from an overload with a cycle down low to more of an umbrella that seeks to work the puck down low looks like it's going to work. The fans are frustrated with it because there's a lot of movement and not a lot of shooting, but I can see that the guys are working to get traffic up front, with the weak side forward slashing in from time to time. That relies on Coby and Train to stand tall down front, and while neither is a tall guy, they're both solidly built and can provide good presence. Trainer had it good down low on Cseter's goal.

This Cseter kid is for real: wins draws, handles the puck well, good shot. But if our PA guy calls him "Chester" again, I may slug him. The pronunciation chart is there for a reason.

Better game tomorrow.

GFM <-- verbally processing the game.
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I was on the wrong end to see it. From where I was it looked like a bunk call, but I was behind the WMU end shooting at the time. Geof is right, this ain't previous season Chargers. Not by a long shot. Couple of blown plays, and some seriously frustrating missed opportunities (I have the shots to prove it), but overall I am excited about the team moving forward.

Now if we could just do something about the post-game meals...
                                -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                                web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Working...
                                X