Kendall Classic, Michigan,Mercyhurst,UA_, Uaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kendall Classic, Michigan,Mercyhurst,UA_, Uaa

Because the INCH power poll is useless and their rating are the constant suck.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Also typing on blackberry at work is the suck.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

wow 2-0 UA_ Sweet

Comment

Way to go Nooks! Great Job!
          Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
            Ye gods, not this crap again about Aces and attendance. give it a rest.

Not sure why everyone thinks we'll do so well in the classic when we're ranked so low in the INCH power poll. #5 Michigan #23 Mercyhurst #30 UAF #38 UAA

I'll be happy if we can get 2 points at home.
            The Alaska teams have a 2 week head start on the other 2 teams.

Comment

Did someone put in a tape from last year? 13 shots!

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
                I wouldn't say that I am not a fan of the Aces because they win, and I fail to see what being a UAA fan has to do with anything. I dislike the Aces because the fans are rude and I'm not a fan of the fights. I have been to NHL games, AHL games, and hockey games of leagues that I don't follow. Out of the hundreds of professional games that I have witness, I have never seen as many fights as at ECHL games. Regardless of who I support in college hockey, I'm just not a fan of what the Aces are selling. It's just my opinion, doesnt mean you have to agree

and I won't even begin to deny that winning has a great deal to filling seats. The Aces have done that recently and it shows in attendance. Hopefully with time, UAA can return to a stature similar to the Seawolves teams of the early 90's.
                To each his own.
                I think UAA is heading in the right direction. I think the best thing they ever did, was hire Coach Shiyak. Both Alaska schools are heading in positive directions. It's a good time for college hockey in Alaska.
                All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
                  Ye gods, not this crap again about Aces and attendance. give it a rest.

Not sure why everyone thinks we'll do so well in the classic when we're ranked so low in the INCH power poll. #5 Michigan #23 Mercyhurst #30 UAF #38 UAA

I'll be happy if we can get 2 points at home.
                  Relax, just some discussion. Polls don't mean jack **** this eary in the season.
                  All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Congrats Seawolves on a great game tonight. Special teams rocked. Two power play goals, one shorty, and you killed off all 6 penalties. Nice to see.

Jonnie O was solid, the freshmen looked pretty comfortable, and our goal scorers are scoring. Fun game.

Now lets put Michigan away tomorrow and win our tourney!
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                      Relax, just some discussion. Polls don't mean jack **** this eary in the season.
                      That plus the further west you are the more you lose out because of eastern bias. (Mercyhurst #23, UAA #38, my aff.)

Courtesy GCI, I got to see the UAA game. I thought it was a strong opener. Looked like a lot of players saw icetime, Grant looked good, and Olthuis was - especially when the team clears rebounds well, as was the case last night. Win one more tonight, boys.

Comment

solid game by the seawolves tonight, really liked that Portwood, Parkinson, & Crowell line. Nice to get some secondary scoring from our checking line. Our Dmen showed bits of inconsistency but solid also tonight (helps when your top two Dman are out in Backstrom & Hunt).
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                          solid game by the seawolves tonight, really liked that Portwood, Parkinson, & Crowell line. Nice to get some secondary scoring from our checking line. Our Dmen showed bits of inconsistency but solid also tonight (helps when your top two Dman are out in Backstrom & Hunt).
                          A few freshmen mistakes by the defense, but overall okay for their first DI game. We stuck around to watch the players salute the crowd. Some skated off and some wanted to stay, but eventually left as well. Do they only do that on Saturday nights? It is always nice to see and I miss it when they don't do it. (Yup, I'm pretty traditional!)
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Perhaps just my perspective, but I think Michigan did a good job of outplaying UAF for a good portion of the game. The 1st period was more what I was expecting from a team like Michigan though. Even with the shots siding with UAF for the 2nd period, the physicality brought by Michigan was certainly noticeable. The 3rd period was easily won by Fairbanks though. I don't see either team play that often but just going with what I know of Michigan I expected more out of them. Congrats to UAF on the win!

The UAA game had a few spots that were interesting, but overall was a great game. I liked out much ice time some of the new guys were getting. Hope they can keep it up against Michigan tonight.

Comment

I'll have to disagree and say we played poor-fair. C+ (won)
                              too many penalty 0-7, too many oddman rushes and too many defensive breakdowns. Grant still has the scoring touch. Parkinson (line) looked pretty good and we're off to another good start on the powerplay 2-5 lets see if we can maintain it.

Nanooks did a good job defensively, limited shots (23) penalty 0-3 shutout. A- , minus for "being Fairbanks". great win.

Comment

Nice job 'Nooks! Great way to start the season. Keep it going next weekend.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X