Merrimack v. University of North Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack v. University of North Dakota

There's little doubt that UND will control and win both of these games - it would be a major shock if they didn't. MC is a lower tier D1 hockey program and can't compete with the likes of UND, MN, Mich, BU, BC... they can't even pretend to compete.

The UND fans should see a Merrimack program that is going in the right direction, they have a solid D and goaltender - they will struggle on the offense.

We'll have to see how MC plays with their first trip to the "Ralph".

Dennehy has brought the program back and now he's trying to get the program to the next level and it starts this weekend. (They also travel to Wisc @ Christmas).

Go Warriors....

PS Dirty - Nice South Park video, it was actually pretty funny.

Comment

any one know if the duncan kid is still there? saw him last year against unh terrific player...if he graduated is he a pro? i know he was small but skill level very high...still cant figure how unh won that game.. another kid gregory i think is he there to? curious...

Comment

Ryan Duncan graduated and is playing in Austria. Jason Gregoire is a sophomore this year.

Sioux Sweep. Maloney Pony outscores Merrimack.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
          That's the playoffs so I'll take it.

Patman,

What's your take on Glenn Stewart? He came over from UConn to replace Darren Yopyk.
          if I knew what coach he was then I could say more... I know UConn had this stout 40ish guy who people weren't too fond of 'cause he'd scream at everybody.

I tend not to have serious takes on things since I can't analyze sporting events well. I've gotten better, but hockey is my play-time and not my analysis time.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

UND schedules Merrimack for easy opener. Unaware of talent level of lower level Hockey East. Shellshocked sold out Ralph turns ugly.

Mack sweep. Cannata outscores Sioux.

Comment

Guys,

It didn't take much of a guess to see classof87 is probably french. For all we know he could be writing from a blackberry too. Although he may be drinking while writing

It'll be interesting to see what the scores are this weekend. Does UND win 6-1 and 5-0? Worse? Are does it go 3-2, 3-1? I know for UND fans it is a joke playing Merrimack but this kid Cannata is the type of goalie who can steal a 1-0 or 2-1 victory. I'd guess it should be a solid four points for UND but if you lose a low-scoring game I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Let's up the ante here...

Originally posted by UnhCat08 as a Merrimack Fan
                Ive been looking for my dirty boy do you guys know where hes been I miss he super quick wit

und Soorry lot playing in a sorry hs rink for a sorry coach. have lost their best playes Only good thing they can look to is less penalties now Lady Sooiux is gone tumd will be passing coach hakky and the Flying Sioux by

This will be a great year warriers will be in NCAAS and ND will get their desevrings. coach haky must need get his cementhead publixc school kids some talent eh dirty boy

Calm down dirty boy your team needs you whole in your time of need Be strong
                Or?
                Originally posted by MeanEgirl
                Sioux play like pioux!

Or?

Originally posted by Happy
                UND is going down the tubes.(c)
                Or best of all...

Originally posted by Jockstock
                Die empty net, die!
                Hee hee hee...
                Last edited by Jon; 10-08-2009, 09:22 AM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by classof87 View Post
                  you must be dirty's lover..in between ur dungeons and dragons marathon game with dirty, make sure his mom brings down a few grill chesse sangies..dont want you big tough boys gettin hungry..
                  Just....because....i....don't....use....too....man y....periods....formulating....a...paragraph....or ...sentence....doesn't make me dirty's lover. However, I do appreciate you not replying with a 500 word essay full of useless blathering. It was easy to take time off from cupping Dirty's ballz and rolling the dice in our D&D game to read your 15th sub par reply. Go sell crazy somewhere else we are all full here. Usually I add the word "boom" to the end of a post like this but since you are nearly 50 years old I didn't think you would understand.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I still want to know what a sangy is.

Sioux Sweep. Frenchy LePew is still ineligible.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
                      Guys,

It didn't take much of a guess to see classof87 is probably french. For all we know he could be writing from a blackberry too. Although he may be drinking while writing

It'll be interesting to see what the scores are this weekend. Does UND win 6-1 and 5-0? Worse? Are does it go 3-2, 3-1? I know for UND fans it is a joke playing Merrimack but this kid Cannata is the type of goalie who can steal a 1-0 or 2-1 victory. I'd guess it should be a solid four points for UND but if you lose a low-scoring game I wouldn't be surprised.
                      wd grew brighton not a frog, went mack, played there to...cananta may steal a game, but it will be very difficult for the mack to score goals out there..nd is young but loaded with skill guys....canata may keep one game close, and we lose the other by 4-5 goals...should be intersting series, i would love to go there check out the rink, atmoshpere, fans, etc...yes the new blackbeery killing me, i cant type on this thing..throw in dsylexia, a.d.d. i am in trouble..nohavent been drinking yet today.....tryin to eek out a livin..

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        I still want to know what a sangy is.

Sioux Sweep. Frenchy LePew is still ineligible.
                        http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sangy
                        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

This thread is awesome.
                          U MASS FAN, serino was a completet joke, ask any player that was under his regime..total fraud, set the program back 5-6 years..he acted as part time athletic director, never saw kids play, undernined his long time assistant coach, was was a clown... never played seruios hockey, came from saugus high, a complete joke, then new hampton, then unh asstantant... a nice high school coach where he can yell screan intimidate kids..cant evaluate talent, lazy, clueless about systems,..how the guy got the job is a complete joke..killed the program.the kids 5 years ago voted to walk away unless he resigned... malden cathlolic , that entire conference is a farse...nice guy that should run for saugus mayor...santagatti ex fraud pres, that was in cahouts with serino also ****caned..,he undermined the hockey program, almost likked it..
                          You can't have a coach that is a completet joke undernining the assistant coaches if you want to play seruios hockey!!!!!!
                          first , we have rebuilt from a horible siruation 5 years ago..serino killed our program..undermined his asst, coaches, blamed them for failure...guy was over his head from the get go, alumns, ex players all new it!!he was in cahouts with his paisan buddy pressident, who was over paid and running his own rackets...airforce works hard, well coached, you think that kid would have those points in a real conference? atlantic hockey is not that good , but they send a wild card team to the ncaa, that dosnt play tight cause they have nothing to lose..they would struggle in a real league..i played at mack, won a ton of games, followed the team 20 years... we killed airforce, when i was there, would pummel them now.. some guy score 33 goals gainst teams with 10 schollies, in a **** league...yes the kid can play, love his style, love the academy, what they bring, etc... they are in hockey east, wcha etc.. that they miss palyoffs, that kid doent get 33 goals...
                          Agreed on Air Force, they absolutely couldn't compete when they played top teams last year! Colorado College and Michigan destroyed them, not even in the same class.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

will dakota be wearing there new throw back jerseys? i heard they have new style? loved the old school chicago blackhawk type jerseys they wore in mid 80's...is the ncaa making them take the indian head off the jersey..what are the fans view on this...curious

Comment

wd grew brighton not a frog, went mack, played there to...cananta may steal a game, but it will be very difficult for the mack to score goals out there..nd is young but loaded with skill guys....canata may keep one game close, and we lose the other by 4-5 goals...should be intersting series, i would love to go there check out the rink, atmoshpere, fans, etc...yes the new blackbeery killing me, i cant type on this thing..throw in dsylexia, a.d.d. i am in trouble..nohavent been drinking yet today.....tryin to eek out a livin..
                              Are you still coaching for that team down south?

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                                Usually I add the word "boom" to the end of a post like this but since you are nearly 50 years old I didn't think you would understand.
                                boom-shak-a-lak?
                                Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X