Northeastern at Colorado College 9/10 Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern at Colorado College 9/10 Oct

Should be a good series. Would think most CC fans do not know much about the team from Northeastern with the exception of JS Tigers who now lives in Boston. Hopefully he will pop in here to add his comments. Since living in Boston JS Tigers has followed and learned a lot about the Northeastern team.

Heck, who knows JS Tigers might even be in Colorado Springs for this series. That would be nice!

Wonder if goaltending or the defense is an issue with Northeastern since they gave up five in the exhibition game?

Any comments by Northeastern fans about their team this season is appreciated.

Go CC Tigers!!
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Re: Northeastern at Colorado College 9/10 Oct

Yes, goaltending might be an issue (especially this early in the season)

3 of the 5 goals were given up by our veteran 2nd string goalie, and 2 by our new "hot shot" goalie who we all hope can try to fill Thiessen's shoes...

I'm going to be optimistic here, and say he just looked nervous (first NCAA game of his life...)

We'll know for sure soon enough!
    By the way, anyone know if this will be televised? I think I heard someone mention something about NESN...
    Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
      Yes, goaltending might be an issue (especially this early in the season)

3 of the 5 goals were given up by our veteran 2nd string goalie, and 2 by our new "hot shot" goalie who we all hope can try to fill Thiessen's shoes...

I'm going to be optimistic here, and say he just looked nervous (first NCAA game of his life...)

We'll know for sure soon enough!
      By the way, anyone know if this will be televised? I think I heard someone mention something about NESN...
      if it's going to be on the tube it wont be on NESN, it isn't listed as a HE broadcast on the hockeyeast website. goaltending is our big problem, but from what i can understand CC also lost a good goalie, so this should be an interesting series.
      Arenas Attended
      Matthews Arena
      Agganis Arena
      Tsongas Arena
      Lawler Arena
      Schneider Arena
      Mullins Center
      TD Banknorth Garden
      Conte Forum
      Whittemore Center
      Gutterson Fieldhouse
      Alfond Arena
      Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Any word on whether Maley or Strathman are good to go for this series?

I'm cautiously pessimistic for this series. I don't expect much, but am open to the possibility that the Rawlings performance last night was flukey.

Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
          if it's going to be on the tube it wont be on NESN, it isn't listed as a HE broadcast on the hockeyeast website. goaltending is our big problem, but from what i can understand CC also lost a good goalie, so this should be an interesting series.
          You are correct, we lost our sophomore goaltender (Richard Bachman) who turned pro. That leaves us with:

Junior Tyler O'brien who is a walk on from St. Paul's Prep School in Stowe, VT.
          Freshman Joe Howe from Plymouth, MN.
          Freshman Hudson Stremmel from Reno, NV.

Prior to this season Tyler has played maybe a total of 40 minutes.

All three goaltenders played one period Saturday in their one exhibition game.
          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

I'm willing to say that Rawlings was probably just nervous for his first game at Northeastern. He was playing in front of a pretty good-sized student section, at least for an exhibition game. If he doesn't improve this weekend though, I'll be somewhat concerned.
            We can't take too much out of the exhibition game though, so it'll be interesting to see how we do against a good NCAA team. I think 2 points would be reasonable to expect, 3 points would be pretty good and 4 is a great weekend.
            Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
              Junior Tyler O'brien who is a walk on from St. Paul's Prep School in Stowe, VT.
              O'Brien is from Stowe, Vt.

St. Paul's School (his prep school) is a boarding school in Concord, N.H.

Comment

Goaltending is the biggest situation for NU without question, watching the freshman play one has to be impressed with the talent that Cronin brought in, looks like a lot of highly skilled players, lots of speed and a willingness to shoot the puck.

The other thing to watch for from NU is it's pitiful power-play. That has to be improved upon this year.

Also to note is that NU has lost it's last two games in the final minute...have to rebound from the heart breakers.
                MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

CC fans: Are these games on tv there? If so, what channel?

Hopefully I can watch these at a local bar with a good satellite package.
                  Ain't nothing but a husky dawg.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDawgsGo View Post
                    CC fans: Are these games on tv there? If so, what channel?

Hopefully I can watch these at a local bar with a good satellite package.
                    I don't think it will be on TV - can watch web style on B2
                    http://www.b2livetv.com/partner_memb...ckey%20Men%27s

Not sure who the goalies will be for Colorado College. No separation in lone exhibition game as all three got a period.

Will be an unpredictable team with 9 seniors and 9 freshmen.
                    ---------------------------
                    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Comment

If our goaltending is good.. who knows what we'll accomplish this weekend, as the rest of our team looked pretty good. One of our best players, Steve Quailer was injured this past wknd. Hopefully he is okay, but he might miss this series, who knows.

If our goatending is similar to this past weekend.. we will lose both gms.

Interesting looking at CC's schedule from last yr.. you guys beat some good teams.. and also lost to the US Under 18 team by a goal (i think that was an exhibition gm?). Well.. I'm hoping for a split. Go Huskies
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Really liked the looks of #2 Ellement, he looked confident and competent back there. I'm still not sure if our freshman goalie knows how to move from side to side in the crease, lets hope those opening night jitters are just that.
                        Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          Interesting looking at CC's schedule from last yr.. you guys beat some good teams.. and also lost to the US Under 18 team by a goal (i think that was an exhibition gm?). Well.. I'm hoping for a split. Go Huskies
                          I think most of us CC fans are done trying to figure out last year. Too much talent to have the kind of season that we had. Anyway, we have a young team that in my opinion could surprise some people this year or they could show their youth all season and end up with a .500 record. Kind of sounds like NE is in the same boat for this season but you just never know. Should be a good weekend of hockey. Go Tigers!!

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                            I think most of us CC fans are done trying to figure out last year. Too much talent to have the kind of season that we had. Anyway, we have a young team that in my opinion could surprise some people this year or they could show their youth all season and end up with a .500 record. Kind of sounds like NE is in the same boat for this season but you just never know. Should be a good weekend of hockey. Go Tigers!!
                            I think for the most part NU (not NE btw) exceeded many of our expectations until the last two games, those were rough to watch.

If they had lost to BU in the Hockey East Championship game and beat a VERY beatable Cornell team I think last year would be looked at with much fonder memories...maybe thats just me, but the rest of the season really was great.
                            MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post
                              If they had lost to BU in the Hockey East Championship game and beat a VERY beatable Cornell team I think last year would be looked at with much fonder memories...maybe thats just me, but the rest of the season really was great.
                              I second that.
                              Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Working...
                              X