Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

Originally posted by Kujo/NMU Hockey View Post
    Lets talk hockey. Its the beginning of season and really is any team ready to play? Who will (Or think they will) be factors for your team. Will the Eastern teams have bus legs?

Analysis please...............
    OK...serious post. Tech has three things to clean up this week.

1. The breakaways & odd-man rushes they gave up against Ryerson have to stop. Chalk it up to "first game jitters" for now, and just play intelligent hockey - no easy giveaways. If some of Tech's more talented players start trying to get too fancy with the puck, they are no doubt going to get burned for it.

2. The powerplay has to be more consistent, even if they don't score on it. Keep up the pressure as much as possible and actually shoot more than one or twice per opportunity.

3. Tech has to take fewer penalties than they did against Ryerson. They can't let their emotions get the best of them in this game. NMU has some very good shooters on their first PP unit, and they will score if they are given too many chances to do so.

Josh Robinson will get the start between the pipes. He had a great performance against Ryerson and made a lot of saves we needed him to make. He'll need to be up to task against the Wildcats.

Most importantly, we'll need the upperclassmen to be more involved in this game. In particular, Baker and Gwilliam have to lead the way in generating/finishing offensive opportunities, finishing checks, and keeping everyone else's heads cool and in the game.

It'll be interesting to see whether the "Freshman Line" of Pietila-Witt-Gordic is kept together for now. If so, will they look as good as they did against Ryerson? My guess is that they won't come up with two goals, but will they be as sound otherwise? We'll see.

I predict Alex MacLeod gets at least one goal against NMU, even if it's merely the shutout spoiler.

I'll think about LSSU after we've played Northern. I want to see how the Huskies look on Friday first.

Comment

Here's a serious post for you

NMU sucks more than David Oreck in a room full of *lampreys

Please continue
      Last edited by Boosh; 10-06-2009, 10:21 PM.
      @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
      I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

What the eff is a laprey? Is that supposed to say lamprey?

Insults fail when you don't take enough time to make sure you're at least spelling the insult properly.
        Always a Wildcat...
        Originally posted by Kepler
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
          What the eff is a laprey? Is that supposed to say lamprey?

Insults fail when you don't take enough time to make sure you're at least spelling the insult properly.
          Ouch.

At least my school doesn't suck

Michigan Tech ftw

Originally posted by Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
            Here's a serious post for you

NMU sucks more than David Oreck in a room full of *lampreys

Please continue
            Originally posted by Boosh View Post
            Ouch.

At least my school doesn't suck

Michigan Tech ftw
            Boosh, I know you are kidding around, but lame "insult" posts like this are a large reason why I've tended to avoid Tech/NMU threads over the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              I love threads where LSSU is considered an Eastern team.
              I don't. All it does is remind me that I'm in the middle of effing nowhere and that this place sucks.
              sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
              streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
              TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
                I don't. All it does is remind me that I'm in the middle of effing nowhere and that this place sucks.
                What are you doing in North Dakota?

Comment

I don't even want to think about NMU after what happened at the frigging Giant Trash Bag tonight.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    I don't even want to think about NMU after what happened at the frigging Giant Trash Bag tonight.
                    Wimpy! Wimpy! Wimpy!

Hefty! Hefty! Hefty!
                    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

• Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
                      At least you have a Culvers, and a Wendy's. As far as school goes.....yeah it does suck there.

After the meet the coaches night I am feeling a new confidence in our team. That could be Russell's smooth talking again, but we will just have to wait and find out.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                      Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Russell is seducing. That SOB.

Any way, I wish we were going to LSSU again. I love the soo and that rink was great for us Tech fans, being how quiet it was. It was seriously a lot of fun. I just don't want to see that Bird Flu Mascot ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Incredible Gulk View Post
                          At least you have a Culvers, and a Wendy's. As far as school goes.....yeah it does suck there.

After the meet the coaches night I am feeling a new confidence in our team. That could be Russell's smooth talking again, but we will just have to wait and find out.
                          She's not in Marquette. She's in the Soo. There's nothing there.

Originally posted by Yager View Post

Any way, I wish we were going to LSSU again. I love the soo and that rink was great for us Tech fans, being how quiet it was. It was seriously a lot of fun. I just don't want to see that Bird Flu Mascot ever again.
                          ...what the heck is wrong with you??
                          Always a Wildcat...
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Boosh, I know you are kidding around, but lame "insult" posts like this are a large reason why I've tended to avoid Tech/NMU threads over the last few years.
                            I'm missing your point here

NMU sucks

Originally posted by Jon

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                              On the other hand there could be long stretches of each team trying to feel the other out and it could end up low-scoring.
                              Well, if Northern girls are.... um, if you had dated a girl from... rather, "she said...something"... ****, I always screw up these chances for a witty comeback.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Originally posted by Yager View Post

The Soo sucks!!!! We almost got kicked out of a bar for singing engineers, so I stole 3 glasses from those ********.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X