PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

The Darkness
10-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Your new found positivity makes me happy! Keep it up!

As I remember tUMD is the two time defending champion of the Superior Cup! Where is the cup anyway? What could it be? It could be a ship bell or something all Yoopers and Northern Minnesotans love...a PASTY!

I think the winning conference should split several pounds of bacon between the two teams.

NMU8405
10-06-2009, 02:20 PM
I think the winning conference should split several pounds of bacon between the two teams.

Get Oscar Meyer to sponsor this and give out bacon to the winning teams.

Or, get a Golden Shovel and call it the Superior Cup.

crazytechfan
10-06-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm a fan of the pasty idea.
I had one for breakfast this morning and it was majorly delicious.

Oh, and I'm not going to lie.. the fact that my first ever hockey pep band game will be against eNeMa U makes me happier than one could imagine.

hockeybando
10-06-2009, 02:35 PM
As I remember tUMD is the two time defending champion of the Superior Cup! Where is the cup anyway?

There is no Cup, hence the name "Showcase."

They used to call it the Superior Cup correct?

Nope, it was always "Showcase".

Off topic: PtC should be up later tonight.

Boosh
10-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Attention shoppers:

NMU sucks

That is all

Painted_Bandit
10-06-2009, 02:50 PM
With the new freshmen like Pietila, Gordic, & Witt actually showing a good deal of promise, I think that the older players will improve as well. (always good to have a little bit of inner-team pushing)

just because you want to sleep with them....

I think it should be a shovel. That way the teams can use it to get to practices in about a week.

PB likes this idea

PB saw Tech and UMD in the thread title so PB thought it would be appropriate to talk in the third person

Jon
10-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Get Oscar Meyer to sponsor this and give out bacon to the winning teams.

Or Twitch Boy's hat.

NMU8405
10-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Oh, and I'm not going to lie.. the fact that my first ever hockey pep band game will be against NMU makes me happier than one could imagine.

Hey, if you like watching your team lose to a rival, more power to you. Glad we could help.

crazytechfan
10-06-2009, 04:06 PM
just because you want to sleep with them....

PB likes this idea

PB saw Tech and UMD in the thread title so PB thought it would be appropriate to talk in the third person

Crazytechfan agrees. Crazytechfan's been resisting the urge to do this the whole time. Crazytechfan has decided that this will be continued through the entire week, as she knows that tMEg hates it.

Crazytechfan does not want to sleep with tMTU freshmen. She's met them, and was not impressed by their caliber of "gentlemen".

crazytechfan
10-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey, if you like watching your team lose to a rival, more power to you. Glad we could help.
Crazytechfan is considering hitting you over the head with a sousaphone.

Biddco
10-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm saving the third person shenanigans for November.

crazytechfan
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm saving the third person shenanigans for November.

ctf thinks there's no such thing as too much of t3rd person shenanigans.

Jon
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
ctf thinks there's no such thing as too much of t3rd person shenanigans.

Jon will regret this later, but agrees with ctf.

crazytechfan
10-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Jon will regret this later, but agrees with ctf.

ctf ♥s Jon

RaceBoarder
10-06-2009, 04:32 PM
RaceBoarder thinks that talking in 3rd person on USCHO is wierd :p

What can the Cats expect to see in net for tUMD since Mr. Stalock is gone? Does tUMD have a definate #1 or is tUMD splitting time?

nmupiccdiva
10-06-2009, 04:42 PM
She who started this thread would like to point out that Tech and tUMD do not play each other in this showcase, therefore there is no need for that third person nonsense. Not that it isn't fun.

Jon
10-06-2009, 04:49 PM
She who started this thread would like to point out that Tech and tUMD do not play each other in this showcase, therefore there is no need for that third person nonsense. Not that it isn't fun.

What's the procedure for tUMD/NMU games? Pig latin? 19th century Cockney rhyming cant?

RaceBoarder
10-06-2009, 04:59 PM
What's the procedure for tUMD/NMU games? Pig latin? 19th century Cockney rhyming cant?

Get really, REALLY drunk.....

nmupiccdiva
10-06-2009, 05:20 PM

Get really, REALLY drunk.....

Runninwiththedogs
10-06-2009, 06:26 PM

A severe beatdown of NMU, generally.

I'm soooooooooooooooo pumped for Friday.

Generally I thought the prize for a winning a showcase was, like, a boat, or a trip to Madrid.