Yale Hockey 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Very solid win vs. Princeton tonight to open the 'regular' season.
    Down 2-1 to start the 3rd, score 4 straight to take 5-2 win.
    Can't wait for the official home opener vs. Cornell.
    -------------
    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

The Live Stats application was dreadful. And no radio coverage either. But the result is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
        The Live Stats application was dreadful. And no radio coverage either. But the result is fantastic.
        Paid $6 to watch it though Princeton website.
        -------------

Comment

I think Rondeau is our guy. Blase will get his chance and will be nice to have around but I think Blase is too streaky and Rondeau is a better choice to start. Blase is the type of goalie that is great to get motivated and have a great game every now and then but not every night.
          Yale Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
            I think Rondeau is our guy. Blase will get his chance and will be nice to have around but I think Blase is too streaky and Rondeau is a better choice to start. Blase is the type of goalie that is great to get motivated and have a great game every now and then but not every night.
            I suppose it's nice to have options. Was Blase the backup at Princeton?

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
              I suppose it's nice to have options. Was Blase the backup at Princeton?
              I am not sure if Blase was. I know in the scrimmage against UOIT he did not play. Rondeau and Freshman Nick Maricic split the game I believe. Maybe Blase has an injury? I don't know.
              Yale Hockey

Comment

Maricic was the back-up at Princeton. Interesting to see who goes on the bus this weekend.

Comment

where was Tom Dignard?
                  is he still injured from last year (spleen laceration)?
                  -------------

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                    where was Tom Dignard?
                    is he still injured from last year (spleen laceration)?
                    Digs is expected to be ready to go this weekend in the Capital District.

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
                      Digs is expected to be ready to go this weekend in the Capital District.

That should be a huge lift for the team having Dignard back...

looking forward to watching stream of Rensselaer game Friday.

and congrats to Rondeau who was Named ECAC Goalie of Week
                      -------------

Comment

Good luck up there in the capital district Yalies. Don't let those engineering schools get the best of ya.

Comment

Big win for the boys tonight.
                          Cornell was clearly a bigger and more physical team, but Yale's speed and depth proved enough for a big home win.
                          Great to see Dignard back. He will be a huge lift to the squad moving forward.
                          The big question is who will claim the starting goalie spot?
                          Tonight Freshman Nick Maricic started in goal. His start sarted quite spotty giving up 2 goals on first three shots. However made some great saves thereafter not allowing a goal over next 25+ shots.
                          Bring on the 'Gate tomorrow.
                          -------------

Comment

Cornell was clearly a bigger and more physical team, but Yale's speed and depth proved enough for a big home win.
                            Tonight Freshman Nick Maricic started in goal. His start sarted quite spotty giving up 2 goals on first three shots. However made some great saves thereafter not allowing a goal over next 25+ shots.
                            This is a team that is relentless on the forecheck. Should be a competitive team against the slower teams in the conference. Should be fun to follow them this year!
                            Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                            Boston University '06/'08
                            Yale University '13

Comment

Just an awesome game! Maricic looked a bit shaky and anxious at the start but he settled in beautifully and I think he will get the nod against Gate.
                              Yale Hockey

Comment

Sean Backman is certainly an impressive player. If UMass doesn't start to click better on special teams, he will certainly punish us next week. BTW, ive been to Ingalls a few times, such a great rink. Also, quite a team this year for the Bulldogs, I hope you guys get back to the NCAAs!

Comment

Working...
                                X