Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    No luck needed here, Yale has a bye this weekend
    next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by doghok View Post
      In fact, Arcobello, Backman, O'Neill & Little are likely all in the top eight.
      Absolutely, and include Dignard and you may have 5 of the top 10.

But I would still argue that both Little and/or Backman could get a Hobey nomination. Perversely, it's better if only one gets it, since the vote splitting would kill them.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

[QUOTE=Kepler;4671718]Absolutely, and include Dignard and you may have 5 of the top 10.

BQUOTE]

Don't Forget Kearney too.
        Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

[QUOTE=yhforlife;4671760]
          Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Absolutely, and include Dignard and you may have 5 of the top 10.

BQUOTE]

Don't Forget Kearney too.
          Kearney is certainly a great contributor to the high octane Yale Offense. However, he is not the dominant player or the most valuable player on the team. The three Yale nominations at this stage: Oneil, Backman, and Little.
          Arguements can be made for each. I would even say that Oneil's goal scoring numbers are a little low. I don't believe the set up man wins the hobey, unless he is a great defenseman and/or assist numbers are outrageous.
          Last edited by electpuck; 03-05-2010, 05:54 PM. Reason: add word

Comment

Capital F little uck

http://www.yaledailynews.com/sports/...-elis-waiting/

Yale Daily News reports that Backman is out indefinitely with an injured foot.

Comment

Ugh. Not that I'd mind his absence if we see you guys in Albany, but we all need Yale to make a great showing in the NCAAs this year - hopefully he's back by then and tearing it up!
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                Yale Daily News reports that Backman is out indefinitely with an injured foot.
                Rumors at the Bank tonight were that he shattered his ankle and is done for the year.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Rumors at the Bank tonight were that he shattered his ankle and is done for the year.
                  Horrible news for Yale. Always a shame when somebody goes down to injury, especially so close to the end of the season.

Comment

This is really bad. Hard to replace his hustle and shots on goal.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

New Haven register website

Yale senior forward Sean Backman, who earlier this week was named first-team All-ECAC Hockey and the Ivy League player of the year, could be out for the rest of the season after suffering a foot injury on Sunday.

Yale coach Keith Allain, reached by cell phone Friday night, said Backman was “out indefinitely.”

Asked if there was any chance Backman could return this season, Allain said, “It’s slim. Very slim.”
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Isn't this exactly like what happened to Yale in 1998?

Lousy news for everyone: Yale, the ECAC, and hockey fans in general.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 03-05-2010, 10:46 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          New Haven register website

Yale senior forward Sean Backman, who earlier this week was named first-team All-ECAC Hockey and the Ivy League player of the year, could be out for the rest of the season after suffering a foot injury on Sunday.

Yale coach Keith Allain, reached by cell phone Friday night, said Backman was “out indefinitely.”

Asked if there was any chance Backman could return this season, Allain said, “It’s slim. Very slim.”
                          Screw. In that case, who moves up to wing on that Miller line? Argh. And Backman plays so well on the point of our first PP unit and leads a great PK with Arcobello. Crap.
                          Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                          Boston University '06/'08
                          Yale University '13

Comment

Word also has it and maybe somebody else can confirm this, that Backman was quite inebriated when the injury occurred. The injury, I believe, is a totally shattered heel. If he was drunk and allowed this to happen I ask how? You're a borderline top five national team, the number 1 team in the ECAC and a sneeze away from an auto bid. I'd be walking around in a bubble and avoiding any adversity.

It's a devastating blow for the Bulldogs and I can't imagine Allain is too happy about it, if the drunken recklessness is the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                              Word also has it and maybe somebody else can confirm this, that Backman was quite inebriated when the injury occurred. The injury, I believe, is a totally shattered heel. If he was drunk and allowed this to happen I ask how? You're a borderline top five national team, the number 1 team in the ECAC and a sneeze away from an auto bid. I'd be walking around in a bubble and avoiding any adversity.

It's a devastating blow for the Bulldogs and I can't imagine Allain is too happy about it, if the drunken recklessness is the cause.
                              I think this is totally irresponsible, and certainly unsubstantiated. How childish, "I heard...."

Comment

Originally posted by electpuck View Post
                                How childish
                                Clearly you're talking about his actions rather than me reporting something that Yalies will obviously refuse to believe. As far as it being unsubstantiated,there is no way that the university would allow any of the real story to leak to a credible source, so all we are left with are accounts from people close to the program. If it were my team, I'd want to know what actually happened rather than the cookie cutter "Backman is out indefinitely and is very, very unlikely to return." Face the facts. The kid screwed up and though I am not a credible source, I am just repeating what I've been told from more than a few people, far closer to the program that I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X