• Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010

Hope we get Harvard
    Hope we don't get Quinnipiac
    Hope we get Blase
    Hope we don't get upset.
    Regardless I think we make NCAAs
    However, if Blase doesn't start I don't think we are going anywhere.
    -------------
    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
      Is there a potential quarter-final match-up that doesn't scare folks? I like Yale's chances against any of the five, but they all played Yale really tough during the regular season. I suppose a few more games against Harvard would be fun, as long as one or two Biegas get knocked to the ice.
      To tell you the truth, Clarkson scares me because they played better at the end of the season and if they come off a win in their rivalry match-up series with SLU. They could be on a role.

Princeton gives me a little pause. If Kalemba is on his games, and they exhibit the scoring touch the forwards had Friday night.....

I don't know if any of the other three can take 2 of three in New Haven. But never say never.

Comment

Originally posted by electpuck View Post
        But never say never.
        That is the ECAC theme song
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
          Hope we don't get Quinnipiac
          Sadly, this can't happen. Imagine how great of a series it'd be.

Hope we get Harvard
          This would be equally as awesome and Ingalls surely will be rocking.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            How many wins do you guys think are needed to stay in the final 16 contention, I say at least a semifinal win in the ECAC's.
            I think a quarterfinal series win would suffice. Even a slip up in the semi's shouldn't hinder what Yale has already accomplished. A series loss in the quarters and you'll surely be in some hot water.

Comment

Last year, Yale needed one win in Albany to make the NCAA field, that win could have come in the consolation game. I believe it is a simular situation.
              Of course, the other leagues have a lot to say about that. It may be possible for Yale to make the tournament by having just made it to Albany.

Two situations from ECAC recent history:

- I'm not clear on the years. Clarkson lost I believe to Vermont in the Second Round as the Regular Season Champ, and did not make the NCAAs.

-Another more recent year, Clarkson lost in the ECAC quarters with a more dominant year as regular season champs, and ended up playing in Albany in the first round of the NCAA's.

I would think that Yale would have to win one in Albany, considering the fight for the Regular Season Championship, and non-conference loses to UVM and UMass. However, just getting there to Albany may be enough. I am looking forward to the USCHO's pairwise probability projector, coming to this site March 14.
              Last edited by electpuck; 03-04-2010, 08:57 AM. Reason: being more specific

Comment

Originally posted by electpuck View Post
                Last year, Yale needed one win in Albany to make the NCAA field
                If I remember correctly, Yale actually didn't need a win in Albany last year to make the NCAAs.
                While I certainly hope it doesn't happen, and it won't , I suspect Yale might stay high enough in Pairwise to make the NCAAs even with a 2-games-to-1 series loss next weekend.....maybe

Can someone please find me a quote from Allain regarding why he isn't starting Blase despite him being undefeated in goal this year AND having the best stats on the team (GAA and Save %).
                -------------

Comment

Just to note my sources on last years experience. The Pairwise Projector and the Coaching Staff at Yale. This was both before and after the Semifinal win over SLU.

Comment

Then I stand corrected.

What do your sources say about the goalie situation?
                    -------------

Comment

Then I stand corrected.

What do your sources say about the goalie situation?
                      I don't have any inside information. I am just a fan like anybody else. The win scenario came up in casual conversation in Albany last year.

Regarding the Goalie Situation, I don't have strong feelings about who plays. Yale has a glaring weakness in net, no matter who has played this year: whether dropping pucks, giving up bad rebounds, not being able to play the long shot, or even playing to close to the net. Yale fans have to be frustrated with what they have seen in goal.

Keith has said a number of times, "I'll play the goalie that I feel gives us the best chance to win." I have to respect that, because he is an ex-goaltender and Goalie coach in the NHL, and knoows something about the position. Furthermore, my trust in Keith is also based on the fact that he has seen them everyday in practice all year long, and has a feel for his team.

We have to hope that someone steps forward in a big way in Albany and in the NCAA's.

As for what is on the horizon, no goalie is coming in the Fall as a new recruit. We need to rely on the development of Maricic and Malcolm, and the contributions that Ryan Rondeau can make as a Sr. .
                      Last edited by electpuck; 03-04-2010, 12:32 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Only 25 hours to get your picks into the ECAC Pick The Playoffs. Remember, 7PM on Friday is the deadline. We have 61 contestants so far, 32 shy of last years total.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Broc Little Named National Player of Month

Yale junior forward Broc Little is the Hockey Commissioners’ Association National Division I Player of the Month for February.
                          During the month of February, Little registered 10 goals and six assists for 16 points to lead the No. 6 Bulldogs to a 7-1-0 record and a first-place finish in ECAC Hockey (15-5-2). He also recorded six multiple-point games and three multiple-goal games in eight February contests. Little currently leads the nation in goals (25), goals-per-game (.82) and game-winnners (7).
                          Little is the first Bulldogs player to win this award.

Any reason he shouldn't be in talk as Hobey Baker finalist?
                          -------------

Comment

Broc Little Named National Player of Month

Yale junior forward Broc Little is the Hockey Commissioners’ Association National Division I Player of the Month for February.
                            During the month of February, Little registered 10 goals and six assists for 16 points to lead the No. 6 Bulldogs to a 7-1-0 record and a first-place finish in ECAC Hockey (15-5-2). He also recorded six multiple-point games and three multiple-goal games in eight February contests. Little currently leads the nation in goals (25), goals-per-game (.82) and game-winnners (7).
                            Little is the first Bulldogs player to win this award.

Any reason he shouldn't be in talk as Hobey Baker finalist?
                            As I have been saying all along, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER!

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
                              As I have been saying all along, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER!
                              Hobey Baker finalists, aren't necessarily just great point producer's, but have a component to lead and carry a team to greater heights.

While Little has had a very productive year, he is one of 6 very strong forwards on the Yale team. Your team as a whole, likely has the top 6 forwards, or better stated as the top two offensive lines in the country.

Some of the past hobey winner's, or All American's, haven't had the luxury of playing with so much talent, like Yale has in there top two lines.

And as good as Broc Little is, he is one component of a very productive team as a whole.

Is Broc, possibly the best player in the ECAC. No, Colgate and Cornell have the best two individually talented and complete hockey players in this league.

Is Broc among the best players in this conference. Absolutely. In fact, Arcobello, Backman, O'Neill & Little are likely all in the top eight.
                              Thats all lot of talent on one team.

Good Luck this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by doghok View Post

Good Luck this weekend.
                                No luck needed here, Yale has a bye this weekend
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X