X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010

PS- it's not second guessing when you've been shouting it for a week

Backman continues to impress and score. 4-2 now

update: now 4-3 on pp goal. Maybe we should just perma-pull our goalie and go with 6 skaters as our game plan

WOW

4-4. Hat trick for Backman? Radio announcer not sure who scored......apparently it wasn't
    Last edited by yalehockeyfan; 02-26-2010, 07:56 PM.
    -------------
    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

What did I tell you. The goalie is irrelevant. The only question is when the offense is going to heat up. congrats Yale on its first ever back-to-back Cleary Cups

Comment

Guess you are right
        who needs a goalie with anything better than an 80% save avg.
        7-4 Yale.....WOW
        -------------

Comment

I love this Team.
          Does anyone know How close Backman is to Hamilton's record now?
          Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by yhforlife View Post
            I love this Team.
            Does anyone know How close Backman is to Hamilton's record now?
            How many does he have, 3 or 4? He needed 5 to tie him I think. I would still have to give Hamilton the slight edge as greatest Bulldog ever though. But Class of 2010 is definitely the best class ever.

Comment

No doubt Hamilton is the greatest Bulldog ever. With the strength of this class I dont even know is the best player from this class.
              Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Yale currently tied for 4th in pairwise!
                Of course this counts Yale's win tonight while other games still going on
                -------------

Comment

Congrats on winning the cup...

Comment

I did not get to watch the game as my wife wanted to see a movie tonight. Kind of glad that i did not have to sit through two periods of angst. Those were my dues to go to QU tomorrow night. BTW shutter Island is one of the weirdest movies in my recent memory.

Union Bob, hope you guys knock off Cornell in the playoffs.

Way to go Yale!!!!
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Backman has 77 career goals. Hamilton finished with 80 goals. Hamilton is second on all-time Yale list quite far behind the leader.

Comment

It is still possible for Cornell to share the cup. Tiebreakers only apply to seedings. Yale has #1 seed, and yet still could be co-champs with Cornell.

Comment

You are correct sir, this article from the ECAC website in 2006 proves your point, each school gets to share the cleary Cup, After Yale beating QU your point will be moot. And no matter what we are still number one seed due to the sweep of Cornell this year.

Dartmouth and Colgate tied for the regular season title, claiming a share of the William J. Cleary Cup, however the Big Green won the tiebreakers and enter the playoffs as the No. 1 seed. The Raiders have the No. 2 spot, followed by Cornell at No. 3 and Harvard at No. 4. The top four seeds receive byes for the first round.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

An updated look at the league is now up in advance of tonight's regular-season finales.

Comment

Toknight after the playoff positions have been set, remember to look for the ECAC PICK THE PLAYOFFS THREAD . The ECAC PICK THE STANDINGS 2009 CHAMPION will be crowned Sunday AM.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Go Yale!
                                Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                                Boston University '06/'08
                                Yale University '13

Comment

Working...
                                X