Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

Originally posted by choog View Post
    So what's the story with this game on friday. Any Husky action taking place anywhere before the game? Never been to UNH before...
    The drive can take a lot longer because of traffic going out of the city on a Friday..make sure you allow enough time even more so if you want to grab a bite to eat at one of the many fine Durham establishments...I've never done more than D-HOP while out there....
    MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thiessen

I hadn't even thought about that.. hm... maybe i'll leave before the rush at like 3:30ish... and spend the day around UNH with some buddies
      Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
        What did you not like about J Daniel's goal?
        Steve Quailer is requesting a medical red shirt. Garrett Vermeersch will make up for Quailer's absence.

Ha...I tend not to like good things that happen on the ice. My bad on that one. I just thought overall I didn't notice them as much as I did Vermeersch or Newton. Maybe I was just entranced by all the pretty puck handling.

Comment

For those of you not able to make it.. the gm will also be televised on NESN (i believe its channel 851 on Comcast, not sure about DISH). No thread for this gm yet?
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

okay, so i just put up a NU-UNH thread.. someone else pls put up the NU-Lowell one.. Go Huskies!!!
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
              Also, shouldn't the game start at 7 30 as it is on NESN?
              I believe UNH is paying for the game, which does not include pre-game coverage. Remember, UNH, UVM, and BU all used to have agreements with CN8/CSN and that deal evaporated when CN8 went belly-up. I think that BU and UNH bought a few games on NESN this season.

Comment

... and NU drops out of the top twenty!

All the better, I say. This way we'll take 'em by surprise!

GO NU

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  okay, so i just put up a NU-UNH thread.. someone else pls put up the NU-Lowell one.. Go Huskies!!!
                  done... http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=85823
                  GO NU!
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

... and NU drops out of the top twenty!

All the better, I say. This way we'll take 'em by surprise!
                    I think we are deserving of a 15-20 spot, but a lot of other teams have beaten good opponents and we really haven't had any test yet. CC is in the same boat as us in terms of coming back from the loss of an outstanding goalie. I agree that its better to be lower in the polls. The last thing we need is a target on our backs. Don't be suprised when we get back in the top 20, its just going to take a couple quality wins. If we split this weekend and beat BU, it wouldnt suprise me to jump up to 10-13th in the nation. Its like everything else, wins and losses early have a huge impact due to the small sample size.

Comment

Don't forget about a close game against a team like Bentley *on paper* probably didn't help us... even though I think we all would agree that the team has come a long way in the past few years and had some pretty players on the ice...

At this point I feel that a win against BU will be easier than a split this weekend. BU hasn't shown me anything so far... a tie and a loss in their exhibition games, and a loss against UMASS. Just goes to show how much name recognition and history goes into current rankings. Same goes for Notre Dame... after a losses to Providence and Alabama-Huntsville they're still top ten.

As far as Hockey East goes, I'm more scared of UVM, UNH, Lowell, and even UMASS than I am of BC and BU.

Which leads to my next though- Maybe this is our year for the Beanpot?

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        For those of you not able to make it.. the gm will also be televised on NESN (i believe its channel 851 on Comcast, not sure about DISH). No thread for this gm yet?
                        I wonder if I can get NESN in London, England. I'm leaving on Wednesady evening for London for a week to see my UK friends, tour London and be there for the Patriots/Tampa Bay game at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.
                        Go Huskies!!!!

Real men play Ice Hockey and Football, little boys play the rest of the sports.

Comment

It's way too early to base how good teams will be this year, Umass always plays very well at home. bc and bu have a ton of talent, let's not throw them in the basement quite yet. i agree that unh lowell and uvm are going to be real good this year. umass i dont think will be that great, though marcou is a beast. as far as that tournament in february, no mention of it. none. not until late january.
                          Arenas Attended
                          Matthews Arena
                          Agganis Arena
                          Tsongas Arena
                          Lawler Arena
                          Schneider Arena
                          Mullins Center
                          TD Banknorth Garden
                          Conte Forum
                          Whittemore Center
                          Gutterson Fieldhouse
                          Alfond Arena
                          Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Northeastern University Huskies Season Thread - Life Post Thie

Friggin' parents' weekend is keeping me from making the annual trek to Durham, thank God for NESN. I'm guessing, if they were just sick, we'll be seeing Tuckerman and Donovan this weekend eh?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaeagle64 View Post
                              I wonder if I can get NESN in London, England. I'm leaving on Wednesady evening for London for a week to see my UK friends, tour London and be there for the Patriots/Tampa Bay game at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.
                              ..bsaeagle64.. i'd say..

tivo the nu gm & just enjoy Big Ben.. the Tower, the Palace, London Bridge, the Tube, Wembley.. et all Have fun man.. there'll be plenty of NU Hockey when you come back.

As far as polls this week or this month or next.. who cares.. i remember the Pittsburgh Penguins almost didn't make the playoffs last year.. (gosh..why can't the Bruins just make mistakes like that!)
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Don't forget about a close game against a team like Bentley *on paper* probably didn't help us... even though I think we all would agree that the team has come a long way in the past few years and had some pretty players on the ice...
                                It's interesting that the Bentley game was considered so close when in reality it could have, and should have ended 4-1 instead of 3-2. I believe it was Silva who had the puck near the right sideboard and tried to make a play with it instead of shooting at empty net. Had he scored that goal, a bunch of things would have changed including the globe's headline " Huskies escape with close victory over Falcons".

Comment

Working...
                                X